English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
FT

Man City 3-1 Watford

First Man City goal was a case of referee over-ruling linesman's offside call. it's an interesting and debatable decision.

Man City with 74 points from 30 games. Liverpool with 70 points from 29 games.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
^ ball was well hit with a spin and threw De Gea off. He froze.
froze? you are at fault when you freeze by such a ball, coming at you in a more or less central position. If we find excuses for goals like this, then a goalie is literally and basically never at fault when conceeding goals.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
froze? you are at fault when you freeze by such a ball, coming at you in a more or less central position. If we find excuses for goals like this, then a goalie is literally and basically never at fault when conceeding goals.
From memory, De Gea has almost a knee down and I think he misread the ball for closer side to him and ball coming at him was spinning away. It was well hit. I don't think Ajax tonite had a goal like that.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
From memory, De Gea has almost a knee down and I think he misread the ball for closer side to him and ball coming at him was spinning away. It was well hit. I don't think Ajax tonite had a goal like that.
His positioning was god awful as he obviously didnt know where he was standing, a goalie always has to make sure he is standing more or less in the middle of the goal and that argument with swirling and spinning balls is tiresome as its well known that the balls are designed to be exactly like this for a long time now. You can barely fool any good keeper nowadays with that spin specially when the ball is not well placed and shot not very hard. You stay in the middle and dont do that foolish half step to the side, then you easily keep this ball. He was simply sleeping and goalies sometimes do that.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
If I am not mistaken two years back MU beat Ajax in Europa cup final. I saw them a few min other nite and yes the youth playing tasty football.. however to miss an unpredictable Arsenal against a barely held up MU would be a crime.

Yes Ajax are lovely as well these days.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
He got charged and lost his footing, he wasn't faking it, correct call.
DDG is a great keeper but he is not focused these days, a good rest may do him well, he should have never been beaten by that shot.
https://streamable.com/8sie3
Its subjective, I dont think there was enough push for him to go down, he felt the touch and made a meal out of it. I wouldnt give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.