Beyond Meat seems to be a real deal

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
But the company has never made a profit. It's also facing serious competition from other "new meat" companies like Impossible Foods and traditional players like Tyson Foods.
Not worth the investment risk as a sole stock, but a seemingly growing sector for the next few years at least. I haven't looked, but there are probably "Vegan" ETFs out there that will hold this stock. Stupid shit like this has no place in a balanced and diversified portfolio though.

Making money off IPOs is a thing of past. Smart money rarely goes towards an IPO.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I tried their A&W breakfast sausage and it's amazing. I mean usually, the Veg based products are tasteless unless you garnish them to taste but this thing got the league of its own. Savoury by itself
Yesterday Carl's Jr. was giving away beyond burgers for free (with medium drink purchase). The Esfooni in me couldn't resist and helped myself:). It was not too bad but definitely won't replace the real deal for me. The cashier was saying they gave away 165 of them in the last few hours he was there. The frenzy to buy the IPO has helped the product (I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the IPO). However I think Tyson will take the air out of their stock with their own version.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Thing is its lab food for the most part...all the soy and hydrogenated oils beats the purpose long term. For me I would try as I dont touch beef.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
If you have looked at nutrition labels before you know that they usually lead with total fat. Beyond Meat has conveniently omitted this line item.

Fortunately, it can be back calculated. Fat has 9 calories per gram so with 170 calories coming from fat that is about 19 grams of which 5 are saturated. It is extremely high in both fat and saturated fat. 63% of total calories come from fat.

This is based on a 4oz serving.

beef;

Real beef has substantially less fat at 12.5 grams per 4 ounce serving. About 47% of calories come from fat in real beef as opposed to 63% for Beyond Meat. Beef is also lower calorie coming in at 242.7 compared to 270 for the same 4 ounces of Beyond Meat.

Nutritionally, the benefit to having meat in one’s diet is primarily the high-quality protein that is rich in essential amino acids. Beef is well-known as a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids in balanced concentrations. Pea protein, such as that used in Beyond Meat, is a reasonably good substitute as a mostly complete protein. The problem here is the macronutrient ratios.

• Eating real beef, one gets 30.7 grams of protein per 12.5 grams of fat; a decent ratio.
  • Eating Beyond Meat, one gets 20 grams of protein per 19 grams of fat; a poor ratio.
Essentially real beef is lower-calorie, higher-protein and lower fat. In my opinion, real beef is the healthier option and that is sad because real beef is not a particularly healthy food.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have had the Beyond beef burger. it tastes quite ok.

but my issue is people like me who are open to that would actually enjoy a legit veggie burger more than a fake burger.

Taco bell has convinced half the population that their shitty meat does not matter. so why would we think beyond burger would not eventually make headway!