Marc Wilmots to be named as Iran's coach ($1.5 million)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I remember him as a player and remotely as a coach.
He was a very good player and I liked his style, if I remember rightly he was paired with schiffo and they played well together.
Naturally I wish him all the best, he has a great squad of players and a good team to work with thanks to the previous coach and his efforts.

So nice for him to inherit a young talented team, if he be his own man and don't take shit from anyone he can do well.
How much charisma has he got? He had it as a player, let's hope he has it as a coach.

Welcome aboard Mark! 😍

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Its a "wait and see" mode with the appointment of the new coach. I have read that he started the Belgian generation that we see now, last year's WC and the previous one. He hasn't had a long resume like CQ did and that's understandable... not as old! Good Luck MW.

Oct 18, 2010
good choice for leading tm at this point in time.
from my contacts with belgians i find them to be rather
serious no nonsense kinda folks.that should work well
in today's iran.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
engar domesho gozashte ro kolesh bargashte Belgium ba dastyarash.. loool no agreement was reached but let see what happens..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
A&K ja n Because azizam we can't afford Stanislav Checheslov, the Russain Federatoin just gave him a contract extensoin and he is getting over $10,000,000. I think Mark Wiltmots is a good hire, for what we can afford. He coached C.I.V and Belgium before 2018 but got good results. He is not the wrost coach, at least we ddn't get Bronko or some dolati guy.

According to RT
The contact will be worth in the region of €2.5 million (US$2.9 million) a year, although performance-related bonuses could see the figure rise to €3 million, according to Sport Express. We can't afrod 3,000,000 Euros but look at what he did wtih the #70 ranked team, he took them to the QF and they played well vs Croatia. https://www.rt.com/sport/434369-cherchesov-russia-new-contract/