Food thread .... !!! Any good cook around ?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
My brother in law got one and using it for Persian stews and abgoosht and it seems to be ok. As someone who cooks regularly and almost everything, I would not get one as my slow cooker and pressure cooker are still good friends with me
I am going to try Ribs this weekend and see how it goes ! CheeseCake seem like a lot of work

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
anyone here uses InstantPot ? I just ordered mine ! been watching YouTube vidoes, people make some Crazy stuff with it ! from Ribs to CheeseCake !
anyone tried any Persian food?
Yeah I bought it too ...
It is great for fast Ghormeh .... Yay

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I find as long as you have the basic tools you can make great food. All these fancy tools and appliances are just extra clutter and adds no value. Stick to the basics and old school techniques and you will make better food and save your money.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
The whole time the ribs in instant pot or did you put it inside the stove at the end ?
5 min in the broiler ! thats all, the rest all in instant pot.
if you are looking to get one, BestBuy has it on sale for Boxing day. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...-electric-pressure-cooker-6-qt/10872769.aspx?

I made bunch of other things with it as well! all so good, as said before, you can do ALL of these without instantpot, Instant pot just makes it easier!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
5 min in the broiler ! thats all, the rest all in instant pot.
if you are looking to get one, BestBuy has it on sale for Boxing day. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...-electric-pressure-cooker-6-qt/10872769.aspx?

I made bunch of other things with it as well! all so good, as said before, you can do ALL of these without instantpot, Instant pot just makes it easier!
Yeah I bought 2 -- one for gift and one for me ... actually it has been in the Garage for last 3 months ... I should try it out :D

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Yeah I bought 2 -- one for gift and one for me ... actually it has been in the Garage for last 3 months ... I should try it out :D
LOL ! dude try it out ! you going to love it ! Made Lemon chicken last night ! so easy ! its perfect for Koon Goshads like myself! lol

on a different note, when are we going to have that Chelo Kabab together mate?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Okay at $45 couldn't resist the instant pot and bought one on black Friday. Waiting for it to see what all the fuss is about.