English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2019-20 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I actually think Lampard's Chelsea will finish second in the league. Chelsea is a really good team but needs few players to make it a competitive team.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
fuck you VAR. if it wasn't for this, shitpool wouldn't win shit for another 30 years. disgusting..

Dude I know you are upset and frankly I think with introduction of VAR offside rule needs to be reformed, offside was introduced so strikers dont get unfair advantage behind the defender. According to the "RULES" TODAY, this is the CORRECT call. VAR applied the correct rule, HOWEVER, the rule needs to change, really in this case, is the striker getting ANY adv? not if you ask me.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
fuck you VAR. if it wasn't for this, shitpool wouldn't win shit for another 30 years. disgusting..

What I don't understand is where is the advantage? How on earth can anyone argue that the Wolves player gained an unfair advantage because of this. The goal itself was the next phase anyway, it wasn't at this stage. Liverpool defence had plenty chances to clear it.

Liverpool have had so many VAR calls this season it's unreal. The VAR champions :D

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
What I don't understand is where is the advantage? How on earth can anyone argue that the Wolves player gained an unfair advantage because of this. The goal itself was the next phase anyway, it wasn't at this stage. Liverpool defence had plenty chances to clear it.

Liverpool have had so many VAR calls this season it's unreal. The VAR champions :D
The Laws of Game reads "
A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
"
Again, the correct call was made, the LAW of the game is the one that needs to be updated.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
The Laws of Game reads "
A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
"
Again, the correct call was made, the LAW of the game is the one that needs to be updated.
I agree, the law needs to change first.
But VAR is being used in the wrong way in the PL. They use it in Italy and Spain too but from what I understand, not for every freaking goal.

I am sure the EPL will look at this for next season. This way can't possibly continue.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005

there will always be an asterisk next to their first EPL title. disgusting and embarrassment to EPL.

http://instagr.am/p/B6qsvjqBn5y/

Feb 4, 2005
As I mentioned before offside rule must be reversed. It should not be offside even if a toe of the attacking player is behind the defender. Like it is in ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.