English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2019-20 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I agree, the law needs to change first.
But VAR is being used in the wrong way in the PL. They use it in Italy and Spain too but from what I understand, not for every freaking goal.

I am sure the EPL will look at this for next season. This way can't possibly continue.
Not true Ostad, I am not sure about Serie A, but in La Liga, EVERY goal MUST be reviewed by VAR.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
fuck you VAR. if it wasn't for this, shitpool wouldn't win shit for another 30 years. disgusting..

This is outrageous and stupid, a perfectly good goal disallowed and many more like this...
VAR is good only if a bit of common sense mixed with it, you can't disallow a goal because a player fingers or hands... It is called football, its where your feet are that should count.
They are ruining the game with this stupidity.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
This is outrageous and stupid, a perfectly good goal disallowed and many more like this...
VAR is good only if a bit of common sense mixed with it, you can't disallow a goal because a player fingers or hands... It is called football, its where your feet are that should count.
They are ruining the game with this stupidity.
It's not so much VAR but the stupid rule that says "any part of the body". VAR just makes sure the stupid rule is implemented to the letter.
The rule has to change.
I think what is more stupid is that VAR can never be sure when the ball was actually hit with the same precision that they calculate the fingers or the armpit of the receiving player.

Personally I would change it the other way, there has to be clear distance between the attacker and the defender. Any overlap and it's play on. We still need VAR to show that someone's finger or toe overlapped the defender though :D

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Even if they change the rules based on your suggestions, still there will be sick controversies.

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The real VAR critic is not that it calls offside by slimmest of margins. The issue is on the technical side where the line VAR draws can be inaccurate (mathematically proven).

There are several articles on internet but it all boils down to rather slow video frame rate VAR uses. I wont go through the math but mathematically the critics claim VAR will have margin of error of 19 cm(~7.5 inch) . That means any calls made by VAR where the player is in offside position by less then 19 cm can be inaccurate. If EPL wants to continue these marginal hairline off side calls then they have to switch to cameras with high speed video frame rates to reduce margin of error to less than 1 cm.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Really? And they witness the same farce as we do here?
I didn't know that.
Same man, few weeks back, cant recall it was against which team, but Karim Benzema scored for Real, it took VAR 7 min to decide it was offside because it was SO CLOSE, at the end, it was 18 pixels of his body in offside position, again, CORRECT CALL Was made. Rules need to be changed though. Now that we can spot as close as I believe 3 pixels (in La Liga is 3 pixels) , that 0.2 mm!!! lol they need to change the rule.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
The real VAR critic is not that it calls offside by slimmest of margins. The issue is on the technical side where the line VAR draws can be inaccurate (mathematically proven).

There are several articles on internet but it all boils down to rather slow video frame rate VAR uses. I wont go through the math but mathematically the critics claim VAR will have margin of error of 19 cm(~7.5 inch) . That means any calls made by VAR where the player is in offside position by less then 19 cm can be inaccurate. If EPL wants to continue these marginal hairline off side calls then they have to switch to cameras with high speed video frame rates to reduce margin of error to less than 1 cm.
Yes. I reckon that margin of error makes the " millimeters offside" call by VAR ridiculous.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Clearly Rattled. Hamchin curse mikone mesle inke bacheye naafe Manchester e lol.
I bet this individual has never ever been to UK let alone Manchester.
Just calm down!

Status
Not open for further replies.