Trump WAS the president

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
why shouldn't it end up with a greater outcome ? could you please elaborate ? Under what condition, equal chances in USA will lead to inferior condition ?
I didn't say that. I said equal opportunity and chance is a must. After that if you end up with more men or white or Asians (or whatever) in a certain position then that's the outcome. You can't engineer a situation where you have equal men and women as CEOs for example or equal number of blacks and whites on a company executive board. If this outcome happens on merit and because everyone had equal opportunity then that's fantastic.

If you are engineering an outcome, you are in fact discriminating against people who should be there on merit, just because you want to equalise between races and genders. This is wrong.
Another problem is of course, how many races are you going to include in this? why blacks vs whites? How about Indians, Philipinos, Chinese, Persians, Arabs, etc etc. It's a slippery slope.

I give you a different example. Most kindergarten teachers are women. Imagine pushing for an equality of outcome where 50% of kindergarten teachers are men.
How many other professions like this are there dominated by one gender. If it due to lack of opportunity then it's wrong of course.

That's why I say, give people equal opportunity in everything and let the outcome take care of itself based on merit. Don't try to engineer the outcome.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I can bring you 100 books and publications that systemic or systematic racism exists in USA. If you curious enough, you can find it.
https://www.raceforward.org/videos/systemic-racism
I am sure it exists. And I am also sure that it exists everywhere else.
I am also sure that you can never ever eradicate racism. It has always existed and always will.
There will always be people with prejudice, whether that is against blacks, whites, Indians, Arabs, Persians, Chinese, etc etc.

White people did not invent racism or slavery. Arabs were slave trading 1400 years ago. It still exists today in "non-white" countries where prejudice is far worse

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
You are sure systemic racism exists in the US? You said yourself the statistics don't support it. Where is this systemic racism? What law needs to change for it to go away?
I provided you with links that provided both the cause and solution ...
Problem is that you already set your mind on this based on your own experience not facts and statistics.

I provided you with links that provided both the cause and solution ...
Problem is that you already set your mind on this based on your own experience not facts and statistics.
This is a direct quote from your link:

"Did you know that in 2010 Black Americans made up 13% of the population but had only 2.7% of the country's wealth? That the median net worth for a white family was $134,000, but the median net worth for a Hispanic family was $14,000, and for a Black family it was $11,000? That the median wealth for a single white woman has been measured at $41,000, while for Hispanic women it was $140, and for Black women, $120? Did you know that? Do you know what that's called? Systemic Racism, and yes, it's really a thing."
That has to be the most childish argument for systemic racism I have ever read anywhere. I have seen much stronger arguments that still failed the test. This one was simply hilarious

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
This is a direct quote from your link:

That has to be the most childish argument for systemic racism I have ever read anywhere. I have seen much stronger arguments that still failed the test. This one was simply hilarious
In previous discussions