Stock/commodities Discussion

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Takeoff: Lufthansa shareholders back $10bn government bailout

Berlin will take a 20 percent stake in the German airline brought to its knees by the COVID-19 travel slump.

Lufthansa shareholders on Thursday backed a nine billion euro ($10bn) government bailout, securing the future of Germany's flagship airline after it was brought to the brink of collapse by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The plan, backed by 98 percent of the shareholder capital that cast a vote at the online meeting, will see Berlin take a 20 percent stake in Lufthansa and two board seats.

Earlier on Thursday, Lufthansa shares jumped as much as 20 percent after its top shareholder dropped his objections to the government bailout.

"I will vote for the proposal," billionaire investor Heinz Hermann Thiele, who recently increased his stake in Lufthansa to 15.5 percent, told the Frankfurter Allgemeine daily on Wednesday.

LOL as if they had a choice :) Always good to have these shitty crony-capitalism symbols in your portfolio. Innocent people have died so these names could survive. German tax-payers (and all the economies they exploit for cheap labor) have to pay for this crappy run company to survive. This rarely changes. Own their stock so you don't develop a resentment.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
LOL as if they had a choice :) Always good to have these shitty crony-capitalism symbols in your portfolio. Innocent people have died so these names could survive. German tax-payers (and all the economies they exploit for cheap labor) have to pay for this crappy run company to survive. This rarely changes. Own their stock so you don't develop a resentment.
Wasn't Lufthansa profitable prior to COVID ?

Wasn't Lufthansa profitable prior to COVID ?
It's always profitable. How could it not be when there's little to no risk to their monopoly? The taxpayers have them covered. The profits go to the company and shareholders, but all the risk is offloaded on the government(taxpayers).

And if anyone thinks a single ordinary German is going to see a dime from that 20% stake by the government, well, they'd be wrong.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Start buying stocks that do well in recessions.
SWBI RGR
As the economy gets weaker crimes such as burglaries and robberies will increase and they already have. People will buy guns. Especially if Biden's numbers go up or he gets elected people will be afraid that they will fuck around with the 2nd amendment and people will rush to buy guns. The racial divide and riots will also help.

Start buying stocks that do well in recessions.
SWBI RGR
As the economy gets weaker crimes such as burglaries and robberies will increase and they already have. People will buy guns. Especially if Biden's numbers go up or he gets elected people will be afraid that they will fuck around with the 2nd amendment and people will rush to buy guns. The racial divide and riots will also help.
Indeed. Tobacco stocks also do well in such times.

If the current trend continues, the next US president (whoever it is) will have no choice but to get the US into a war. Only a war can stop this domestic garbage being fueled by crazy extremists controlling the democrats. The anger on both sides needs to be channeled towards a foreign adversary. It will happen. Oil will make a come back. I'm betting on it.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Lovely ...lovely Spotify, what a short term money-spinner (have done my few sticks in the share over the past few weeks) and Tesla on watch.
Spotify will act money-spinner another couple of weeks to come!

The child of sorrow Netflix, phew (cost me at least 3% of this week's net profit already) boring crap, out of my list...it will!
Get rid of your facebooks if you have any at the first place, down it will!

Oct 18, 2010
fracking is becoming increasingly costly for those in the
game since oil prices are too low and demand even lower.
the pioneer bites the dust for now,but they will be back
once they stick it to the shareholders :p

Fracking trailblazer Chesapeake Energy becomes the biggest oil and gas bankruptcy of the pandemic

New York (CNN Business)Fracking pioneer Chesapeake Energy Corporation on Sunday became the largest oil-and-gas company to file for bankruptcy protection during the coronavirus pandemic.
Chesapeake was once the nation's No. 2 natural gas producer, thanks to early bets on fracking. Aubrey McClendon, Chesapeake's late founder and CEO, was considered one of the leaders of the shale boom that transformed the United States into the world's largest oil and natural gas producer.
But more recently, bankruptcy rumors had swirled around Chesapeake (CHK) as the company grappled with depressed energy prices, a poorly timed push into oil and a mountain of debt.
The coronavirus crisis exacerbated those challenges. Despite a recent recovery to $40 a barrel, the price of oil has fallen sharply this year because of excess supply and a sharp drop in demand caused by worldwide stay-at-home orders.

Chesapeake's share price has dropped more than 93% since January, from $172 to $11.85 as of close on Friday.
Earlier this month, Chesapeake skipped interest payments of $13.5 million, according to filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The company had a 30-day grace period before it would be considered in default.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Lovely ...lovely Spotify, what a short term money-spinner (have done my few sticks in the share over the past few weeks) and Tesla on watch.
Spotify will act money-spinner another couple of weeks to come!

The child of sorrow Netflix, phew (cost me at least 3% of this week's net profit already) boring crap, out of my list...it will!
Get rid of your facebooks if you have any at the first place, down it will!
My FB call options keep going up as more companies join the ad boycott. Glad I didn't panic and sell.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
fracking is becoming increasingly costly for those in the game since oil prices are too low and demand even lower. the pioneer bites the dust for now,but they will be back once they stick it to the shareholders :p
Fracking trailblazer Chesapeake Energy becomes the biggest oil and gas bankruptcy of the pandemic
That's really such a sad story, from $1400 back 2014 down to $600 in 2019 and now down to $3, ultimately kaput!
All these senior citizens with their long-term investments in such an air-bubble, I am sure many of these poor oldtimers still commissioning them filthy brokers' to arrange and invest their assets, what a sad case, what a shame!

My FB call options keep going up as more companies join the ad boycott. Glad I didn't panic and sell.
Good for you, your facebooks sure are golden stuff, nevertheless I would without hesitation sell the call and book profit ASAP.

....note.....
Tesla towards $1500, lets say less than a year from now, no matter how much one dislike Elon Musk!

Aviation Industry is NOT the future.
Maybe I am wrong, feels like avaition industry has hard way to come back, lots of "sweet citizens' tax dough" sneaking in into avaiation like artificial Life-Sustaining Treatment. When will these pumpage of capital in the aviation industry produce any result, will it ever?

Warning for aviation-shares..... although am a big fan of aviation!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
time to short tesla.
nothing meaningfully proprietary in terms of electric car technology.
will again lose money, as it has every year of it's existence.
revenue growth is flat while unit demand for its cars is only being maintained via price cutting.
and initial quality will turn off even the most annoying millennials.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
time to short tesla.
Don't ever short a stock unless you are professional doing this as your job.

It is highly likely 99% that you will regret such an action.

remember even shorting a company like Herbalife which was doing quasi fishy stuff did not end up being successful.

unless you think you an expert accountant and you have uncovered and Enron situation, do not do it.

Oct 18, 2010
i am a professional and finance is my job.

i can not justify the price of tsla stock based on
it's fundamentals.at some point it has to reflect
it's true value and that time is here in my estimation.

btw,you can always short any stock but you need
to be a pro and cover yourself with the appropriate
options to limit potential losses.

Oct 18, 2010
that's precisely why i am a professional in finance and you guys are not.
and fyi,i don't need to exchange $ in tehran,i got rial bank accounts i can utilize.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
time to short tesla.
Are you even serious?

Many of the current vehicle manufacturer dreaming of being able to enjoy the impressive 400 mile range, a top speed of 200 mph and accelerate zero to 60 mph of 2.5 sec.
The traditionaly manufacturer trying to achive all those stuning estimative specifications relying on theirs long-term experience in developing batteries and a highly efficent engine with hope to overcome Tesla's impressive figures "Dream Edition", Tesla's already there.
I say forget about the speed, focus should be more on long range driving, short charging time & lower cost.
Tesla, Lucid Air and Rivian are going to maintain the long defiled image of US vehicle industry.
E-mobility is the future, Tesla is the leading arrow!

BMW Vision iNEXT

Renault MORPHOZ

BMW iX3 will be manufactured in China

Top 10 All-New Electric Cars on Roads in 2020

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
tse has been sizzling hot in the past couple of years.
if you have rials in iran you must be invested in tse.
2 year chart.

TSE.png