Technology Thread

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Having worked with and around many server-room robots, I have always wondered why these things aren't roaming around everywhere. My conclusion has always been, there's a real shortage of lazy software engineers in non-IT companies.

I honestly don't understand how nurses, doctors and hospital staff could just go about their daily work without automating the vast majority of the tasks. This kind of attitude would never fly in an IT company. I often tell the people at work "if it needs doing twice, it should be automated". My boss once framed that quote and put it on a wall.

No matter how you look at it, there's a need for millions and millions more software developers.

Amou

Oct 21, 2002
Having worked with and around many server-room robots, I have always wondered why these things aren't roaming around everywhere. My conclusion has always been, there's a real shortage of lazy software engineers in non-IT companies.

I honestly don't understand how nurses, doctors and hospital staff could just go about their daily work without automating the vast majority of the tasks. This kind of attitude would never fly in an IT company. I often tell the people at work "if it needs doing twice, it should be automated". My boss once framed that quote and put it on a wall.

No matter how you look at it, there's a need for millions and millions more software developers.
Simple answer – economy!
I know in my floor of 200 employees at work at least 80% are extra and I am not exaggerating. Maybe myself included!
But imagine if they are not earning salary, then they won’t pay mortgages, and don’t buy lunch and so on.
Most big companies have an understanding with the government to create jobs even if it isn’t necessary. And on the other hand government will provide tax breaks and other benefits. In order for this paradox to function, they need one another and they do everything to keep it going as long as feasibly possible.
Sorry this may be off topics but back in 2008 during the financial crunches, CIBC received $20 billion in handouts/loans from the government of Canada. At the same time, the value of CIBC stock was 17 billion. Meaning the government could have completely taken over it. Government proceeded with the relief to keep the bank alive and CIBC created many jobs even though many aren’t really needed.
Covid 19 has provided an opportunity for the government planners to plan for more efficient models. Did you know before corvid 19 teacher groups were the biggest opponent of online teaching? Now they have to do it.. it is easier for younger teachers to pick up the technology and adopt but the older ones will be slowly retiring. Same with other professions.
Western planners should be planning for different models to allow sustainable long term taxed base system now that they have paid hefty price for it.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Dameshoon garm, eena hamoon arabaye Malakh khor hastana!! hamoona ke we spend no time making fun of, yeah they!!! the ones we blame for EVERY problem with Iran, yeah yeah them!!!!
The day we start learning from other nations, the day we STOP blaming EVERYTHING and EVERYONE for *OUR* problems, The day we say, OK we fucked up, let US fix it, is the day Iran is going to change, until then, make fun of Arabs while they launch mission to Mars!!!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Dameshoon garm, eena hamoon arabaye Malakh khor hastana!! hamoona ke we spend no time making fun of, yeah they!!! the ones we blame for EVERY problem with Iran, yeah yeah them!!!!
The day we start learning from other nations, the day we STOP blaming EVERYTHING and EVERYONE for *OUR* problems, The day we say, OK we fucked up, let US fix it, is the day Iran is going to change, until then, make fun of Arabs while they launch mission to Mars!!!
it is sad to see what we have become.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys I have worked with my dad in UAE I was in Abu Dabi and Dubai and let me tell you something, they will make great advancements
and be successful in their mars mission why? It is simple they are getting American and European engineers and paying you well.
My dad and I were making 50% MORE than what we were at Worley Parsons. As for tech thread
I am digging my new I phone 11 and beats Solo Gen 3 noise cancellating phones. It is really sad to see what we have become
when you look at the advancements other neighboring countries are making.
They brought in DUTCH engineers and they increased the total mass of UAE by 30%! They got their ingenuity and Dutch expertise
because they did the same thing in Holland. It is AMAZING UAE is such a nice country, too bad I can't say the same for Iran.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
power of science, look how the colored video is amazing:
Upscaled with neural networks 1911 New York footage taken by the Swedish company Svenska Biografteatern on a trip to America:

Oct 18, 2010
huawei is #1 for 5g despite all the propaganda against it.
iran is going with them too for obvious reasons.

the mate xs/5g is a beast.