Is anyone here ANTI-MASK?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hey Guys,

absolutely no judgment, however I want to talk to those who are ANTI-MASK. If you are here, what is your reason for NOT wanting to wear mask?

I hear many are Anti-mask on media, news. Yesterday I went to Costco here in Vancouver,Canada, while they give mask FREE at entrance, about 30% refused to wear it. No one seem to be able to say WHY? I talked to one and his reply was "No one can force me do it, I do what I want"
My question is, do you wear seatbelt when you get in the car? do you stop at RED Light? Do you remove your laptop from the carry-on at the airport? so why is wearing mask all of a sudden such a "HUMAN RIGHT" discussion?

Somehow I feel, if MASKS saved the person WEARING it as opposed to Saving those AROUND that person (which means if everyone wears it, it is good for everyone), things would be VERY different and everyone would race to wear it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Hey Guys,

absolutely no judgment, however I want to talk to those who are ANTI-MASK. If you are here, what is your reason for NOT wanting to wear mask?

I hear many are Anti-mask on media, news. Yesterday I went to Costco here in Vancouver,Canada, while they give mask FREE at entrance, about 30% refused to wear it. No one seem to be able to say WHY? I talked to one and his reply was "No one can force me do it, I do what I want"
My question is, do you wear seatbelt when you get in the car? do you stop at RED Light? Do you remove your laptop from the carry-on at the airport? so why is wearing mask all of a sudden such a "HUMAN RIGHT" discussion?

Somehow I feel, if MASKS saved the person WEARING it as opposed to Saving those AROUND that person (which means if everyone wears it, it is good for everyone), things would be VERY different and everyone would race to wear it.
I don't like to wear it outside but in inside the mall for shopping, absolutely

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm not a very anti-mask person myself, but your comparison with seat belts is somewhat flawed.

Seat belts ARE an invasion of your freedom, in exchange for a privilege. Driving is not a right. It's a privilege.

Shopping at Costco is indeed a privilege and Costco has every right to demand whatever they want from their customers (they could ask you to be butt naked, and you'd have to comply if you wanted to shop there).

Having said that, there are some gray and some not so gray areas when it comes to rights. People in public areas should not and cannot be required to wear a mask (or wear anything) even if it saves lives. Point being, in a libertarian society, individual freedom takes precedence unless you can prove an individual's actions are putting others at risk or causing harm to others. Science has not been able to prove such a thing about people who refuse to wear masks.

There's also the issue of masks limiting the amount of oxygen inhaled by an individual. This is a serious issue. I personally find it more difficult to breath with a mask on. I'm in great health and shape. I can totally see why some people would refuse to put this thing on their face. It can be very uncomfortable.

Anyway, I find the whole science behind these covid policies very lacking, contradicting and controversial at best. Like millions of others, I have lost trust in the medical field at this point and will not believe or adhere to everything they come up with.