Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Oct 18, 2010
cr7 nightmare is wasting his time in a 3rd rate eu league when
he could be playing in the asian champion's league final for the reds.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Watched the first Belgium league match Antwerp vs Bruge. Beiranvand had a busy day. A pretty good game. Bruge won 2-0

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Apparently Antwerp coach criticized Beiranvand for putting the wrong goalie. I find that to be very unprofessional

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws...or-beiranvand-dit-was-de-verkeerde-beslissing

"It was a risk for me to put Beiranvand in goal. I take this on me. We gambled: we had a very good goalkeeper and we wanted a top goalkeeper. But today Alireza was not top", Leko admitted.

"From day one it was difficult to be in the core with two first keepers. A few weeks ago they were asked when Beiranvand was going to play. Now you are asking when Butez will return. It is difficult. But I realize that this is not a good decision. was mine. If I denied that, I would be lying ", Ivan Le concludes

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Apparently Antwerp coach criticized Beiranvand for putting the wrong goalie. I find that to be very unprofessional

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws...or-beiranvand-dit-was-de-verkeerde-beslissing

"It was a risk for me to put Beiranvand in goal. I take this on me. We gambled: we had a very good goalkeeper and we wanted a top goalkeeper. But today Alireza was not top", Leko admitted.

"From day one it was difficult to be in the core with two first keepers. A few weeks ago they were asked when Beiranvand was going to play. Now you are asking when Butez will return. It is difficult. But I realize that this is not a good decision. was mine. If I denied that, I would be lying ", Ivan Le concludes
This coach sounds like a jabroni.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Antwerp coach may have been unprofessional for saying that but he's actually right. Beiranvand was not consistent in the game at all. At times he was solid, at others he played like an amateur. Choose your reason for this:

1. He has not had playing time for a good while and it's only natural that he's not consistent.
2. Until now, he's been enjoying CQ's defensive style and Iran's shitty league where he didn't get to save his goal continuously during the games. Now his weaknesses is being displayed.
3. Both 1 and 2.

Ps. Nice goal Taremi! :) Good to see he's finally started to get playing time.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Antwerp coach may have been unprofessional for saying that but he's actually right. Beiranvand was not consistent in the game at all. At times he was solid, at others he played like an amateur. Choose your reason for this:

1. He has not had playing time for a good while and it's only natural that he's not consistent.
2. Until now, he's been enjoying CQ's defensive style and Iran's shitty league where he didn't get to save his goal continuously during the games. Now his weaknesses is being displayed.
3. Both 1 and 2.

Ps. Nice goal Taremi! :) Good to see he's finally started to get playing time.
Doesn't matter. You don't call players by name in press conference. The loss today got nothing to do with his performance. I watched the game. Bruge was so much better. Also be was selected as the best goalie on Wednesday for Europa League game 6.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Doesn't matter. You don't call players by name in press conference. The loss today got nothing to do with his performance. I watched the game. Bruge was so much better. Also be was selected as the best goalie on Wednesday for Europa League game 6.
I know, I saw the game too. The coach was totally unprofessional. Just saying today Beiranvand was not fully consistent. BTW, his long passes often ends up with the opponent players too. The same problem he's got in TM IMO. He needs to work on those. Fortunately in a professional environment he wont get away with these things.