Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Looks like he was dealing with an old injury base on his IG story and it got worst but nothing serious, should be back in few weeks.

He can't blame anyone other than himself regarding to this mess situation and inconsistency, if he doesn't find help, he should soon pack and get back to Iran, and i honestly don't get what fans were expecting from him? World class performance just because he saved CR7 penalty? lol.
He is a decent keeper for Iran standard but nowhere near to world class.
World class keepers in REGULAR BASES barely have these 3 factors issues:
1) Communication
2) Foot work and kicking(these days most keepers are involved in game and making plays )
3) Exits

The last two have been the most Iranian keepers issues. Abedzadeh is worst.
Beiro haven't work on any of them , specially communication, for more than 2 years he knew soon or late he will be playing aboard, yet his level of English is elementary .
I think he can improve by time on #1, I think what he's lacking could be being a team player, his communication with his teammates on the field can be regarded as annoying at times. His #2 and #3 are due to his confidence level and also his teammates (notably his defense) too. Hope things change for him for good...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Looks like he was dealing with an old injury base on his IG story and it got worst but nothing serious, should be back in few weeks.

He can't blame anyone other than himself regarding to this mess situation and inconsistency, if he doesn't find help, he should soon pack and get back to Iran, and i honestly don't get what fans were expecting from him? World class performance just because he saved CR7 penalty? lol.
He is a decent keeper for Iran standard but nowhere near to world class.
World class keepers in REGULAR BASES barely have these 3 factors issues:
1) Communication
2) Foot work and kicking(these days most keepers are involved in game and making plays )
3) Exits

The last two have been the most Iranian keepers issues. Abedzadeh is worst.
Beiro haven't worked on any of them , specially communication, for more than 2 years he knew soon or late he will be playing aboard, yet his level of English is elementary .
Honestly give him some time. He is a bit nervous but has had few good games. He has to find confidence.

Nov 24, 2002
Shahab scored 1-0 Zorya.
Top scorer of the Ukranian league with 9 goals so far
They are 4 points behind Shakhtar and 2nd place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2002
Ghoddos and Brentford lost again 2-0 against Coventry, they had this amazing run and almost top the table in Championship but this was their 3rd straight defeat.
He started and played 60 min.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Nice goal. Too bad they play in a crappy league. They should try to go to Portugal. I wished Allahyar could go to the Dutch league. That's where young talents can learn most effectively.

Nov 24, 2002
^^Nice goal. Too bad they play in a crappy league. They should try to go to Portugal. I wished Allahyar could go to the Dutch league. That's where young talents can learn most effectively.
The league is not that bad, their top teams, Shakhtar, and Dynamo perform decently in CL and EL, plus Zorya is probably their 3rd best club, the league is better than Dutch which defending doesn't exist, but i agree, there is more visibility for a transfer to the better leagues from Dutch league.

Nov 24, 2002
Taremi and Porto beat Maritimo and Abedzadeh 2-1. With last min penalty.
Taremi had an assist on the first goal and played 90 min. Abedzadeh was very solid in defeat and made few great saves, one on Taremi.
Alipour also played the last 15 min and had 1v1 chance to score but saved by Marschesin and Pepe.

Taremi was about to take the last min penalty because their usual penalty taker sergio oliviera was off but somehow in last second Octavio took it and scored, maybe SC thought Amir knows taremi's move..

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Taremi and Porto beat Maritimo and Abedzadeh 2-1. With last min penalty.
Taremi had an assist on the first goal and played 90 min. Abedzadeh was very solid in defeat and made few great saves, one on Taremi.
Alipour also played the last 15 min and had 1v1 chance to score but saved by Marschesin and Pepe.

Taremi was about to take the last min penalty because their usual penalty taker sergio oliviera was off but somehow in last second Octavio took it and scored, maybe SC thought Amir knows taremi's move..
Poor Alipoor was not bad! He needs to get more playing time. Against Porto, they had to play very defensively which did not help his case. I think he could become a good scorer in Portugal too if he got the chance in "right" games.

I thought Marega, Sergio Oliveira and Luiz Diaz were all Porto's best players in this game but funny they were all subbed out. Beside his assist, I thought Taremi was quite invisible and lost the ball on a few occasions. He came to life only towards the end of the game after the mentioned 3 players were subbed out.

Amir Abedzadeh was great! Damesh garm! Nice moment when Taremi was helping him to get rid of his leg spasm.

Ps. I think SC's son is quite a good player for his age. He reminds you of a little Messi. If he progresses well, I think he could become a "name" in Portugal!

Last edited: