The 2020-21UEFA Champions League thread, Results, News & updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Leicester lost to Salvia Pargue and Napoli to Granada in Europa league. Milan barely made it with Crvena Zvezda.

Strange results !!

Also Rangers destroyed Antwerp 5-2, Beiranvand didn't play (I guess due to injury)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Thanks for sharing! His English is very broken although it got better at times... he needs to use correct words!
The best one was "porteghal" haha :D
In some countries in Europe like spain, clubs doesn't mean country. I.e. I don't think Mardid fans cheer for Barcelona if they reach in final. I don't know about Portugal though.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Thanks for sharing! His English is very broken although it got better at times... he needs to use correct words!
Yes very broken, but damesh garm still, he is not having a translator with him, like azmoun after 10 years in Russia, lol, and remember this is his 3rd year out of Iran.
Still he is talking better than Daei, Karimi or someone like Majidi who spent n years in UAE lol

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Yes very broken, but damesh garm still, he is not having a translator with him, like azmoun after 10 years in Russia, lol, and remember this is his 3rd year out of Iran.
Still he is talking better than Daei, Karimi or someone like Majidi who spent n years in UAE lol
The best is Jahanbaskhsh! His English is good (with English accent), you really enjoy when you listen to his interview... Even when he was in Holland, he spoke nice dutch! I am not sure why most of our players don't learn the language, not even the basics! It's embarrassing at times...

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
The best is Jahanbaskhsh! His English is good (with English accent), you really enjoy when you listen to his interview... Even when he was in Holland, he spoke nice dutch! I am not sure why most of our players don't learn the language, not even the basics! It's embarrassing at times...
It is all about professionalism.
Look at Beiro. If one needs to work on this matter more than anyone is keeper, he knew for sometime soon or later he will move outside.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
You assume someone like him should be able to make basic conversation in english.
Yeah, but I mean think about it, he really didnt need to learn it! been playing in Spain and Argentina his entire career and they both speak Spanish, all the interviews are in Spanish. He might not just care enough to learn a new language or honestly he might not be good at learning languages.
It would be interesting had he joined City, since then he had to learn English. Now that Barca got his fav president, I think Messi is going to retire at Barca.
BTW Messi also speaks Catalan.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Have a feeling SC may start one of Taremi and Marega and play a defensive match away. Already both Pepe and Corona are doubtful for Porto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Have a feeling SC may start one of Taremi and Marega and play a defensive match away. Already both Pepe and Corona are doubtful for Porto.
They will have a tough game if they play a defensive, that's my opinion. Of course, it also depends on how healthy Juventus is...

Status
Not open for further replies.