TM Iran Information Thread

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Let's wait and see what the IFF trip to FIFA will bring... although I have a hard time believing they can change the outcome!
What a sad state our country has found itself in... it feels like the whole world has turned against us!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
BTW Shoja Khalilzadeh and Ali Karimi were also invited to TM by CQ but they weren't good enough to get invited regularly. Have they suddenly progressed now?

Ps. What's happened to Torabi?!! I thought he pulled his shirt up for a special reason?! or maybe they also wanted him to pull his pants down but he refused! :)

Nov 24, 2002
Ezzatollahi deserve to be there, he is 24 only with over 30 caps for TM. He is not the fastest one but it is not like Ebrahimi and Ali Karimi are much better. He is playing 90 min each match for his club since being back from the injury.

About Shahbazzadeh, well, it is hard to ignore someone who scored in almost all matches this season, he will be the only one since Taremi to score +20 this season, and that is about 5-6 seasons.

Feb 4, 2005
Let's wait and see what the IFF trip to FIFA will bring... although I have a hard time believing they can change the outcome!
What a sad state our country has found itself in... it feels like the whole world has turned against us!
Better way to say it is "it seems that we have turned the entire world against ourselves."

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Covid hit Esteghlal with 9 player, Mazaheri and Aref Gholami are also out of TM camp because of Covid. Hamek Lak and Aref Aghasi of Foolad are invited instead.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
german team wore this t-shirt today to protest qatar's 'human rights' issues getting ready for wc 2022.
if fifa does not ban them,iran can wear a 'persian gulf' t-shirt too, let's roll :p

Honestly I'd rather Iran get banned for protesting the persian gulf rather than get eliminated by losing straight up.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
german team wore this t-shirt today to protest qatar's 'human rights' issues getting ready for wc 2022.
if fifa does not ban them,iran can wear a 'persian gulf' t-shirt too, let's roll :p

They are protesting Qatar's way of handling WC 2022 preparation which is kind of football related. How is the Persian Gulf related too football?

Nov 24, 2002
2-0 vs Syria at 60 min
Kanani and Azmoun with goals.
But TM has been shit, Syria should have at least tied the match so far.
Hajsafi the most overrated TM player ever.
One of the biggest cock suckers of system.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
TM played like shit indeed!

Why didn't Majid Hosseini play?!! I never thought Khalilzadeh was TM material and he proved it today. It's not only that he's not adjusted with Kanaanizadegan but it certainly shows he hasn't been training under CQ much and doesn't know/follow his defensive tactics.

Kanaanizadegan himself isn't that comforting as a main central defender. Against Iraq and Bahrain, we must have the "Hosseini-Pouraliganji" duo back!

Other than that we sucked big time. I don't know how we could let a Syrian team, missing their 2 main strikers, have so many shots at our goal. We were very lucky not to receive any goals today! Our goals (beside Ansarifard's) were not that impressive either. The ball ended up in their goal with a little luck. Skocic needs to address these issues!

All in all, I have a feeling the game against Bahrain will not end up in our advantage. :( You guys realize they will play a friendly game against Ukraine in a month time? I don't think we have any friendlies until the WCQ games. Not even against B-teams of the likes of Sierra Leone.

Last edited: