Legionnaires thread 2020-2021, News, Updates, Live Reports

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I really think Ramin Rezaeian is better than Moharrami even now! The latter may do his job well, but he is yet to impress me.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What is the logic behind Fifa's decision about 5 substitutions per game during the pandemic? How will it reduce the risk of infection? It doesn't make sense.

Ps. Taremi had 2 missed chances, one very bad! What's going on with him? I hope he's not losing form.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
What is the logic behind Fifa's decision about 5 substitutions per game during the pandemic? How will it reduce the risk of infection? It doesn't make sense.

Ps. Taremi had 2 missed chances, one very bad! What's going on with him? I hope he's not losing form.
Since the red vs Juves he is not the same player, more taremi of previous to WC who missed tons of chances.

Jan 26, 2006
I really think Ramin Rezaeian is better than Moharrami even now! The latter may do his job well, but he is yet to impress me.
It depends how we play...

Rezaeian has a very solid work-rate but at least for TM he was no way near as good an attacking source than Ghafouri was, whose overlapping runs and crosses were fantastic. Rezaeian seemed to often kill the attacks. At least for TM, Rezaeian was a better defensive option and Ghafouri was better at attacks.

Moharammi I hope gets the best of both worlds, and with European experience will be tactically more sound and more astute so that we don't see a repeat of the Japan game fiasco.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Since the red vs Juves he is not the same player, more taremi of previous to WC who missed tons of chances.
If that's the case, it's solvable. I'm more afraid he started getting javgir from all the media and fan attentions, specially after his goal against Juve. He's never had this kind of global attention before. If this is the problem, it is more difficult to solve.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It depends how we play...

Rezaeian has a very solid work-rate but at least for TM he was no way near as good an attacking source than Ghafouri was, whose overlapping runs and crosses were fantastic. Rezaeian seemed to often kill the attacks. At least for TM, Rezaeian was a better defensive option and Ghafouri was better at attacks.

Moharammi I hope gets the best of both worlds, and with European experience will be tactically more sound and more astute so that we don't see a repeat of the Japan game fiasco.
Even though I agree about Ghafouri, I have to say even Rezaeian was great offensively as it was demonstrated against South Korea where he had a great assist:

Anyways, today, both of them are better than Moharrami and in our do or die games in june, I think they should be invited to TM. At least one of them must!

Jan 26, 2006
Rezaeian has at some times been good, through sheer work rate alone, but I genuinely think Ghafouri produced more key chances on the pitch. Queiroz preferred Rezaeian mainly due to his defensive attributes.

It's like Milad who is fantastic defensively and sometimes ok offensively just through his work-rate, although in this case Queiroz didn't prefer him for key games eg WC

I still don't know about Moharammi because he is younger and has much more european experience so at some point he needs to be the starting right back. Whether now or after we fail to qualify is a moot point.

I just can't see us qualifying.

Oct 18, 2010
karim scores a useless goal at the very end in the 1-5 loss,
and then goes off on the coach in the locker room :LOL:

Iranian striker Karim Ansarifard erupted against his coach, Manolo Jimenez

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
I dislike this rule. They should go back to 3 subs, as is tradition. Or alternatively, no subs for the lolz.

Nov 24, 2002
Abedzadeh had a hell of game in a 1-0 win in a 6 points match against Farense. Alipour finally scored a goal and the most important of the season maybe. Huge win in relegation battle for both teams.

Alipour played again 90 min.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Fantastic news for our boys!

Great confidence boosting goal for Taremi ahead of the Chelsea game too. He needed to score after such a long time. Very smart by Sergio Conceicao to let him play a little in this game.

Here are the highlights of the Maritimo game:

Full highlights of the Porto game: