Manchester United Information Thread

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...d=1&lid=2&title=Anelka+seeking+Trotters+talks

Despite maintaining he wants to remain at The Reebok Stadium, Nicolas Anelka will hold talks with Bolton Wanderers after conceding that Manchester United would be hard to turn down.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City striker is reportedly a potential target for Sir Alex Ferguson as the Scot looks to continue the summer recruitment drive that has already seen United spend in the region of £50million.

Anelka could be a like-for-like replacement for his injury-prone compatriot Louis Saha, but Trotters boss Sammy Lee has moved to underline that the club are not looking to sell the player who cost them £8million from Fenerbahce last summer.

Whilst insisting he is not seeking a move from Bolton after scoring 11 goals upon his return to the Premiership, Anelka admits his future is currently 'up in the air' with United hovering.

"First of all, I have to find out if Bolton want to sell me or not," said Anelka at the France team's headquarters in Clairefontaine.

"I don't want to leave. I have to sit down and talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned for me.

"For the moment, it's all up in the air. But I'm sure we will be talking more soon."

When questioned directly about whether a move to Old Trafford would appeal, Anelka replied: "You (the media) know where I want to go, so.... You can't say no to Manchester.

"It's always the same four big clubs who are dominating English football. With Bolton, either we stun them all or we finish fifth or sixth.

"So yes, I want to play with one of these big four clubs, but I also want to try and help Bolton become one of the big Premiership clubs."

The talented striker - who scored in France's Euro 2008 qualifying win against Ukraine on Saturday - has also played for Liverpool, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid in a career that has seen him frequently change employers.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Anelka is in terms of talent one of the best players in the world but ever since he left Wenger, he hasn't done anything that amazing. Obviously Ferguson knows best and who is to question him, but he is a potential problem maker if things don't go exactly his way so I wonder why Ferguson doesn't go for someone safer.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
if i was alex ferguson (lol), i wouldnt go anywhere near anelka. when hes good, hes really good. but he has more off days, and if he doesnt like something, he will cause too much distraction for eveyone. its a big risk.

Aug 26, 2005
Anelka had his chance at both Arsenal and Liverpool and he did screwed it. Now he is talking about wanting to play for one of the big 4!!?

He is a good player though, better than Saha in every department if you ask me.
Real Madrid as well...but yeah, I reckon Big Sam 'adamesh kard'.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
if i was alex ferguson (lol), i wouldnt go anywhere near anelka. when hes good, hes really good. but he has more off days, and if he doesnt like something, he will cause too much distraction for eveyone. its a big risk.
well,if you were Alex Ferguson,i would have loved to see you buy Berbatov!!! :D

Anelka, might still have some attitude problems but guess what? he is getting married in a few weeks,and that should cut his tail dramatically!!:smile:
for £8m (even less than that if ManU throws in Richardson + Smith into that deal) it wouldn't be a shabby deal,and if Anelka starts showing some of his old antics,then just sell him!! Anelka has more to lose than ManU (career- wise) , and so the chances that he will behave & work with ManU system (under SAF) is higher now than a few years ago.he's older now ,and hopefully not going to be pulling any cheap dramas if he moves to ManU.Anelka should know better that as we say in Farsi:
مسجد ، جای ِ گوزیدن نیست
Anelka has some good pace and acceleration ,and that's what Fergie has been referring to lately by : " ManU needing more pace upfront " .
i would say for around £4-6m (with Richardson + Smith) it's a good deal for ManU.
but of course,La Liga is not over yet,and there are some fish in that pond waiting for the bait soon after it's over!!:smile:

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
he has changed dramatically....his whole lifestyle and everything. it's not just Big Sam, it happened in turkey. he would be a bargain..to me he is still the most talented french striker of the past 10 years.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
he has changed dramatically....his whole lifestyle and everything. it's not just Big Sam, it happened in turkey. he would be a bargain..to me he is still the most talented french striker of the past 10 years.
yeah, exactly..his attitude almost screwed his career in Europe, and I guess in Turkey he tried to change himself and ever since coming back to Europe, he's been a good boy!
Fergusen can handle him perfectly, and Bolton without him, well..lets say they will score as much as Wigan!!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I agree, he is one of the most talented French player in last ten years, however playin football is not his top priority, to me he is like Sprewell who one day choke his coach and then he came back to take Knicks to NBA final. Then he goes back to LA to take care of his shop.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
And,the latest with Berbs:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...all.html?in_article_id=460075&in_page_id=1779

Berbatov: I’d love to play for United

Last updated at 14:11pm on 5th June 2007
Dimitar Berbatov handed Tottenham a major scare by admitting he dreams of playing for Manchester United.

The Bulgaria striker, who was named in the PFA’s Premiership team of the year after scoring 23 goals in his first season in English football, joined Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen for £10.9million last summer.

Berbatov still has three years left on his deal and while he says he is happy at White Hart Lane, he insists he would love to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of Berbatov and has been linked with a £39m deal for the striker with Alan Smith going the other way
Tottenham insist the 26-year-old is not for sale, but United may be ready to step up their interest with news of Berbatov’s desire to play at Old Trafford.
Speaking in Bulgaria ahead of tomorrow’s Euro 2008 qualifier against Belarus, Berbatov said: “Of course I like Sir Alex’s team. Their style is attacking and pleasant to watch and it coincides with my own style of playing football.
“Giggs, Scholes and Rooney are fantastic players and that fast guy Ronaldo on the right side is a magician with the ball, he plays football from another planet.
“Of course, it would be a pleasure for me to play with these guys; they simply know how to have fun on the pitch.”
When asked whether he has been in talks with United over a transfer, he added: “No, I haven’t. For now this is in the sphere of possibilities. I am a happy man in Tottenham. “The club gives me everything I need to feel nice with them and I actually do.
I was warmly welcomed and the guys accepted me as one of them from the first. I haven’t felt isolated from the team even for a second.
“In the changing room at our stadium we have a sign which says ‘There are no stars in Tottenham, the team is the big star’ and this is what the atmosphere in the team is — we support and trust each other.”
Tottenham boss Martin Jol believes Dimitar can build on his dream first season in the Premiership. He said: “There is a lot more to come because he’s such a good finisher.”

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
And,this Anderson clip is pretty good.hope to see more of this when he plays for the mighty RED.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX-Y-SknV3s[/nomedia]

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I agree, he is one of the most talented French player in last ten years, however playin football is not his top priority, to me he is like Sprewell who one day choke his coach and then he came back to take Knicks to NBA final. Then he goes back to LA to take care of his shop.
yeah but the difference is when Sprewell moved to New York, he was still the same Sprewell. Anelka is different now..

Btw. Sprewell is the only player I ever bought a jersey of(Knicks 8).

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Didnt he convert to Islam at one stage??
right.Anelka has gone into a very good evolutionary process.
Anelka converted to Islam,when he was still playing at Manchester City.and like Westi said,his times in Turkey helped him stabilize a great deal,and then Big Sam and Bolton handled him pretty well.
and of course,if some old disruptive traits still reside within his soul,SAF should be able to exorcise Anelka's remaining demons,and help him reach his full potential that he deserves.
aside from his pace and occasional explosive acceleration,one other positive characteristic in Anelka is that even if aging takes away his pace and acceleration ,he will still be able to play decent football.He has the intelligence,spatial awareness,and physical presence to play well into his 30s and still be productive.He also doesn't get caught offside needlessly,and his ball handling is pretty good too.
good bargain for ManU,if it happens.and of course,Rossi should be given his fair chance of playing too.Rossi has done well in Italy.
but Berbatov is very delicious too!!!:)

Last edited: