safari called up for Sweden

Apr 19, 2004
He will play with Sweden B team in January and then he can't no more play for Iran... and then he won't be called up for sweden a team either...

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Another player who has shown interest in playing for Iran who's being snapped up by another country. Instead of inviting players such as him to our youth teams and national teams for trails we let them be and eventually they will go to other teams.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
For those of you who don't know, Safari plays as a "left defender" which we lack very much in Iran! This is indeed a very bad news for us.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Good for him, and another loss for us.

I remember, ISP was the first to interview him when he was a teenager playing in Swedish league. He showed his interest in TM call up alot.

Anyways, I guess its much better for his career this way.

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
He might not play , is he the only left-back they brought with them then ? And if he doesn't play , he might choose for to play for Iran .
I know all of this isn't likely but still , I hope it will happen bc I want it to happen .

Ps Is this a friendly ? If it is then he can still choose to play for Iran after that.
edit: the 2 games are friendlies and the rule was (don't know if it is changed yes or no) that when a player has a double nationality and plays a friendly for one country he can still choose to play for the other country instead.

Last edited:

a_m

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2004
boston
i dont think loosing a player who did not at all develop his skill in iran..will hurt the tm....
they guy learned his game in sweden and made it big there so...i think it is better he play for sweden

beside..the IRan has some many young player inside of iran who should be given a chance to represent IRAN...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
beside..the IRan has some many young player inside of iran who should be given a chance to represent IRAN...
We've been looking for a half decent "left defender" for ages now. Have we found any among the many young players?