Best Video Games Of All Time

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Mass Effect 2

Simply the best game I have ever played...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTwYD9lPLA"]YouTube- Mass Effect 2 - Launch Trailer (HD 720p) *Download*[/ame]

Trailer for Mass Effect 1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOGkiHZeu6A"]YouTube- Mass Effect launch trailer HD quality[/ame]

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Yes its Martin Sheen. The voice acting is top notch. The game is a perfect meld of a FPS and an RPG. The story is great, the combat is right up there with the Gears of War cover system and the characters are fantastic.

The first one was very very good, but this one is honestly best game Ive played.

- Martin Sheen … Illusive Man
- Yvonne Strahovski … Miranda Lawson
- Seth Green … Joker
- Keith David … Admiral David Anderson
- Tricia Helft …. EDI
- Carrie-Ann Moss … Aria T’Loak
- Shohreh Aghdashloo … Admiral Shala’Raan vas Tonbay
- Michael Hogan … Captain Bailey
- Adam Baldwin … Kal ‘Reegar
- Michael Dorn … Gatatog Uvenk

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Looks impressive. gonna read some reviews on gamespot

thanks
Its the best reviewed game on xbox360, scoring a metascore of 96.36%.

This is from IGN's review:

Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. The only real caveat I should mention is that some of the revelations and plot twists won't be quite as powerful if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, but that isn't any reason to skip this fantastic videogame.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
i played 1 hour of the first one, didnt like it at all, one game i am waiting is Dante Inferno, download the DEMO, its SICK ... i cant wait

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdqY2a9iRXw"]YouTube- Dantes Inferno - Official Trailer 2[/ame]

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
i played 1 hour of the first one, didnt like it at all, one game i am waiting is Dante Inferno, download the DEMO, its SICK ... i cant wait

YouTube- Dantes Inferno - Official Trailer 2
Its an RPG. If you like action or simple FPS, you wont like it. However the story, character development, and scope of this game are unmatched. The Mass Effect universe is as detailed, developed and rich as Star Wars. They are 30-50 hour role playing adventures, not an 8 hour straight line... Its not for everyone.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
^ maybe i give the first one another shot, btw i am beginning to like ASS II ! it started bad but its picking up... also did you play Dante?
I told you. it starts out really slow. It gets much better. I havent played Dante yet, but I think it will have a hard time because God of War III is around the corner. I hear that game is fucking amazing.

I pre-ordered Bioshock 2. The first one was awesome, but for some reason Im not excited about the second one at all...

As for Mass Effect. I love RPGs. While I do play other games, RPGs have been my mainstay since I first played Dragon Warrior on NES when I was 8. The story and depth to Mass Effect is simply breathtaking.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
^ how is borderland?
I really liked it. Its no where near ME, but its still really fun. Its more of a dungeon crawler than an RPG. Lots of loot and missions. The music and art style are pretty fun. It might get a tad repetitive because there is not much of a story but the combat is a lot of fun.

Games like Mass Effect, Borderlands, and even Uncharted have taken over games like Halo, Gears of War, CoD. The latter games only sell because of the multiplayer aspect, something I really dont care for. As a single player game, Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Uncharted are 100x better because they bring so many aspects and styles into the game, not just running around shooting things.

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
looks impressive. unfortunately, i have a ps3. and even more important i got two little kids so I don't see how I can get 30-50 hours together for a game like this. that's why i have to stick to games like fifa or rock band where I can play 15 minutes here and there.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
^^ dude GOW is the best game EVER made ... comeon man, i have to say i like it even more than FIFA.
God of War or Gears of War?

Gears 1 was really good, but Gears 2 was the same shit.

God of War 1 & 2 were really fun, but they are just button mashing action games. Would be like calling Old School or the Hangover the greatest movie of all time. Great Comedies sure, but hard to put something so shallow up there with movies like Godfather and Braveheart.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
^ i meant GEARS of war. i loved 1 and 2 and cant wait for 3rd man. multiplayer on that game is just SICK.
Who do you play multiplayer with? Gears 2 multiplayer didnt attract many people. I didnt think anyone actually played it. I liked Gears 1 and 2. But they are incredibly linear and almost identical. Im not a fan of multiplayer at all, it is way too repetitive for me. Most of my friends love CoD. I just get bored by pure FPS. Its not my cup of tea.

2009 Xbox Live Users

1 Halo 3
2 Call of Duty 4
3 Modern Warfare 2
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 Gears of War 2

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
This is Joystiq's review of Mass Effect 2:

Mass Effect 2 is a work of calculated contradictions. It's an action game, but it's imbued with all the best parts of the RPG genre. It's simple to understand, but incredibly deep. It is -- and this is crucial -- a story, a universe that spans light years and millenia, but is intensely personal. To the casual observer, the parts may not all seem to fit together, but -- as I've discovered after laughing, cheering, screaming and even crying (a bit) with Shepard and crew through their suicide mission -- their sum is nothing short of one of the single best games I've ever played.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/26/mass-effect-2-review/