Do you Agree with Execution?

• Total voters

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I had an argument with someone over this, i am very much AGAINST Execution regardless of the crime i think killing someone is just WRONG. but he was FOR execution only if the person committed murder. his argument was when you keep someone in prison for LIFE it cost the community , it slowly kills them inside and it could be seen as a form for torture.

what do you think? are you for it? against it? please share afew line.
THE POLL IS A PUBLIC POLL - ALL CAN VIEW.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
believe or not today this guy a college student who works at star bucks asked me the same question, he said that was the subject raised in their class .well i have a mixed feeling
i told him, first the person should be examined if he is not a mental case, if he is then he should be treated as an ill person .i also told him i am against capital punishment in most cases but i am all for it in case of a child rapisit . however i told him a person who killed for the political and freedom reason then should befreed from all charges .
he asked me if in case of predetermined killing for personal reason, my answer was he should serve the life term prison .
over all i told him any time someone gets executed then other people in society would feel sick in their stomach, in other words we all will be punished one way or other .so if someone really deserve that punishment why not keep it hush hush .
this is one of those poll i don't know which way i go .

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Person rapes 18 girls and mutilates their bodies and feels no remorse.

Another person assassinates Khamenei and feels like shit for having killed another human.

Both get to be hanged or shot dead with the latter most likely tortured before death.

I don't know the answer either.

Jul 2, 2006
مجازات حق مجرم است این کار ناشی از اراده خود مجرم است مجرم تجاوز به حق را به عنوان حق خود اعلام کرده جرم او نفی حق است مجازات نفی این نفی است
در نتیجه اثبات حق که توسط خود جنایتکار برانگیخته شده بواسطه خود او بر وی تحمیل شده است

Feb 7, 2004
Lack of adequate alternative punishment does not justify capital punishment. It is state sanctioned murder. And it doesn’t work.

Oct 18, 2002
I have no moral objection to execution for certain crimes such as 1st degree murder, but I don't believe the justice system can guarantee the guilt of the person in such cases (as it has been shown in several cases) and to me, executing one innocent person is worse than letting a million guilty persons off the hook. I chose option 2 in terms of morality of execution, but I support option 1 in practice.

Oct 20, 2003
I am for execution for people committing heinous crimes when the guilt is proven beyond the reasonable doubt (which is not easy at times). However, if slightest doubt remains, I will not be for execution.

Feb 4, 2005
I'm with Deerouz on the issue however God forbid one would never know how they would react if something had happened to one of their close relatives/friends.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Also let's not forget - Here in America we have people who live a better and easier lives in federal prisons than they do in ghetos and slums in big cities. Average cost USA spends on a prisoner is close to $50,000/year.
I am not saying execute people to save money - but at the same time we can't put the guy who rapes and kills a child in a $50,000/year facility and call it rehab - giving the killer an easier life than a hard working honest individual making min wage.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
Also let's not forget - Here in America we have people who live a better and easier lives in federal prisons than they do in ghetos and slums in big cities. Average cost USA spends on a prisoner is close to $50,000/year.
I am not saying execute people to save money - but at the same time we can't put the guy who rapes and kills a child in a $50,000/year facility and call it rehab - giving the killer an easier life than a hard working honest individual making min wage.
thats us proplem tbh they should make jail look like hell nd make them work for they bills inside
but no one has the right to take someone elses life ..

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Ive gone back and forth on this issue throughout my life. Ive come to the realization that executions do no benefit society at all. If anything it harms the integrity of the legal system. It serves no function in protecting the people, as people that commit the crimes that would result in execution are so far gone that no amount of deterrent would have any affect on them. The only real function it serves is retribution by supposedly the victim (never really helps) and more importantly the public in whole. As retribution should not be a healthy aspect of criminal law, it is of little value. My opinion is that executions, no matter how justified by the heinousness of the crime or amount of evidence, do not belong as a part of civilized society...

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
This is a very difficult question to answer! It depends on a varity of factors, not the least of which is personal belief. While I think taking a life is wrong, I can't help but think that there is no other alternative in some cases. So, I voted for "depending on the crime" option. There are psychopaths who are just not wired right, and they kill because they enjoy it. These people tend to be serial killers and those who are actually caught, are only caught after they kill several people. Many are probably not caught. Putting these people in prison for life, does absolutely nothing for anybody, the criminal included. There is always the risk of more deaths to others, and retaining the criminal does not do anything for his health, while psychology does not have the answer either. There is also the simple logistical fact of somebody has to pay for the criminal's care. In those cases, I favor the death penalty.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Really dude? Say Pelican Bay or any max security prison is better than living in ghettos and slums? Are you for real?

And as R.Baggio pointed out, you don't save any money with the death penalty.

Last edited: