Golden Ball goes to...

Aug 26, 2005
Wow, one thing I agree with in this queerass world cup. I didn't think they'd give it to someone who didn't win the WC but good job. Forlan definitely merited it.

Aug 26, 2005
Well, what's wrong with that? He scored 5 and had more assists than the others. His boot contributed to more goals.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Kaz, if it's supposed to be about goals then assists are not goals. It's another rubbish idea by the suits in FIFA.
If they want to award assists then they should set up another prize for assists. Goals are goals and it's unfair to the others who also scored 5.

I don't see anything wrong with sharing it as long as it stays about goals.

Having said that, Sneijder didn't deserve to share it because he was awarded the own goal by Felipe Melo! Another crack decision by FIFA!

Aug 26, 2005
Behrooz jan, I simply don't agree. Well, if they wanted to share the award...then ok. If they want someone outright, then it makes sense. It's like goal difference being the tie-breaker in groups, when two teams have the same amount of points.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
golden ball is like the MVP i guess and that was definitely Forlan, Uruguay would be in deep shit without Forlan

one of my favorite players in the world and could be a contender for world player of the year, he scored a ton of goals in La Liga also.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Uruguay didn't accomplish anything of note other than put on an exhibition of how to exploit FIFA's rules.

Mueller outplayed Forlan in every aspect of the game.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
And won the Europa cup^^

He basically won the Europa Cup single handily...
On 22 April 2010, Forlán scored the only goal of the game in Atlético's Europa League semi-final first leg at home to Liverpool. A week later, Liverpool took the tie to extra time before taking a 2–1 aggregate lead. Forlán then scored again to make it 2–2 on aggregate, giving Atlético the away goal they needed to reach the final, in which they played against Fulham at Hamburg's HSH Nordbank Arena on 12 May. Forlán scored twice against Fulham in the Final, in a 2–1 win.
and this is his GF :D

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
LOL. And you just won the FIFA Golden Bullshit award. Congrats!!
Poor response.

Forlan inspired his team to have one result where they played above their standard and that was against Mexico. Other than that Mueller outplayed him. Other like Xavi, Sneijder, Robben and even Casillas with his numerous clean sheets have all outplayed and had a bigger impact than Forlan.