Bielsa resigns from Chile

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Biggest bunch of idiots ever!

and I always held Bielsa in high esteem but by proving even more to be a man of principles, he is an absolute deity now. His press conference to announce it was a masterpiece too.

Bielsa quits after Chile federation chief ousted
(AFP) – 3 hours ago
SANTIAGO — Chile's football coach, Marcelo Bielsa, quit the post on Thursday after the Chilean football federation (ANPF) failed to re-elect Harold Mayne-Nicholls as president.
Spanish businessman Jorge Segovia, who is the president of the Union Espanola club and has the support of top flight clubs like Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile, was instead elected head of the ANPF by 28 votes to 22.
Argentine Bielsa, who qualified Chile for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, had earlier held a lengthy press conference to lend his support to Mayne-Nicholls.
"The day that Harold is no longer in charge is the I quit this job," said Bielsa.
It was Mayne-Nicholls, a 46-year-old journalist and member of FIFA, who helped recruit Bielsa in July 2008 and renewed the Argentine's contract after the 2010 World Cup, a tournament Chile had last appeared in in 1998.
Chile won their opening two games, against Honduras and Switzerland, were beaten by Spain and, after making it to the second round, were eliminated by Brazil.
One of the key issues leading up to the election has been the sharing of profits from television rights. The top flight clubs are calling for a bigger share.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Lool@ Chile miners Fariborz! I think they prefer multitasking bn their wife-mistress over Chile NT job for now!;)

he will resign in Iran after 2.5 hours...
LOOL! Good one!
forget about Iran, Argentina should hunt him in the air. The guy is quite a genius.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Bring him to Iran!!??

Why?

So that experts such as Majid Jalali can sit on navad an bash him?

So that Iranian newspapares can sell their news by calling him gay (which seems to be the latest trend in bashind foreign coaches in Iran)

So that experts here on this site can come and enlight us how bad Bielsa is because he is not picking that certain defender in PAS that we all have seen for a good 20 minutes on a crappy Glwiz stream?

So that Dr S can come here and telll us all stories on how Bielsa is trying to sell Jabbari to Boca Juniors and when Jabbari said no, he banned him from life.

So that Taj and Kaffashian can fire him after 4 months?

To ra khoda Bielsa hamoon Amrika Ltin bemon va intarfa naia.

Nov 29, 2002
So that Dr S can come here and telll us all stories on how Bielsa is trying to sell Jabbari to Boca Juniors and when Jabbari said no, he banned him from life.

BS, I would love Bielsa and think that foreign coaches in iran is only a good thing.

As I always said, I like foreign coaches in iran and in particular our croatian coaches who have all had a positive LONG-TERM effect (ivic, ciro, stanko, bonacic, begovic) except for branko, whose efffects we are still reaping now in terms of the lack of development in his last few years

Fact is chief, that you had a vested interest in branko in that you had a family member on the scene. I never did so I'm free of bias, unlike yourself. What did i have to gain?

Lets not forget I was one of his biggest supporters early on up until the Asian cup 2004...

But after that everyone else in ISP at the time (except yourself and Sly) could see the wool in front of the eyes. The youngsters who have joined ISP since then don't know the deal

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
BS, I would love Bielsa and think that foreign coaches in iran is only a good thing.

As I always said, I like foreign coaches in iran and in particular our croatian coaches who have all had a positive LONG-TERM effect (ivic, ciro, stanko, bonacic, begovic) except for branko, whose efffects we are still reaping now in terms of the lack of development in his last few years

Fact is chief, that you had a vested interest in branko in that you had a family member on the scene. I never did so I'm free of bias, unlike yourself. What did i have to gain?

Lets not forget I was one of his biggest supporters early on up until the Asian cup 2004...

But after that everyone else in ISP at the time (except yourself and Sly) could see the wool in front of the eyes. The youngsters who have joined ISP since then don't know the deal

My God.

You must be insane.

What family member?

Not that its a crime but seriously man, you cant make such statements and not back it up with something at least.

Thats not correct what so ever.

Nov 29, 2002
Agha DR S, still waiting for an answer??
Agha in April 2006 we had a series of conversations via PM where you said your brother was involved in the TM camp.

Here's a quote from the PM you sent me in 27/4/2006:

"Also, I know about the Nosrati to Zagreb link, it was my brother who broke the news to the on line media"

Although it was about the same time you said you were scouting Argentine players (at age 17)

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Agha in April 2006 we had a series of conversations via PM where you said your brother was involved in the TM camp.

Here's a quote from the PM you sent me in 27/4/2006:

"Also, I know about the Nosrati to Zagreb link, it was my brother who broke the news to the on line media"

Although it was about the same time you said you were scouting Argentine players (at age 17)

I am 31, and my brother is 17. Which means that he worked with Branco when he has 12.

I represented Nosrati in couple of deals, one of them being Zagreb. Another being Strasbourg ( he also had offers from Belgium I think from another agency)

This does not mean that I worked with or for Branko, not that it would be anything wrong with that. Having dealt with Branko a couple of times,I did however find him to be polite, competent and professional.

Having worked with Zagreb, I can tell you that Mobali has NEVER been, scouted, linked or wanted by anyone anywhere in Zagreb.

Everyone is enititled to their opinion but please try to insert some truth when you are making statements about others.

Merci :)

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
It seems to me that DS's assumption was based on your own direct quote and seeing the quote, his assumption was not completely unfounded. I mean you can't fault him for that if that's what you told him. Have to be more careful.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
It seems to me that DS's assumption was based on your own direct quote and seeing the quote, his assumption was not completely unfounded. I mean you can't fault him for that if that's what you told him. Have to be more careful.

I havent told any one that I worked with Branko but with the Zagreb organization who were interested in Nosrati before Branko took over.

Also, my brother is way too young to be involved.

Plus the certain "fact" that Branko and his "Maffia" wanted to transfer Mobali to Zagreb is just as truthful as the Nikbakht to Vilareal incident.

Its just a matter of being correct. Thats it.