Afshin Ghotbi Dedicated Thread!

Jun 18, 2005
Actually to the contrary I feel like some people are behaving as we have won the Asian cup already. FYI Iran almost always advances from their group in Asian cup matches. (Except for one time 20 years ago)

Bezar har vaght ma bordim Asian Cup ro shoma bia inja begoo why are we not keeping Ghotbi! lol

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I read the UAE coach said that:

حرف های معنادار سرمربی تیم ملی امارات
شرایط تیم ملی ایران مثل عراق در تورنمنت گذشته است، ایرانی ها در این یکسال فشار بسیاری را تحمل کردند و مردم ایران نیاز به عاملی برای اتحاد دارند
2011/1/14 17:49:00
Share 4
گالری عکسزوم
Srecko Katanec - Macedonia (Sport-Express)سایت گل- شاید در میان مربیان تیم های حاضر در جام ملت ها، تنها چند مربی باشند که به دقت حتی اوضاع سیاسی و اجتماعی کشورهای هم گروه را بررسی کند و سرمربی امارات نشان داد که به درستی از اوضاع ایران خبر دارد.
سرکو کاناتچ، سرمربی تیم ملی امارات در کنفرانسی که پس از سرمربیان کره شمالی، ایران و عراق داشت در پاسخش به خبرنگار عربی نکته ای را گفت که کمتر رسانه ای در ایران حاضر شد آنرا پوشش بدهد و بسیاری هم قید حضور در آن کنفرانس را زده بودند و البته سرمربی تیم ملی امارات نشان داد که بسیار باهوش و دقیق است.
خبرنگار عربی پرسید که چه تیم هایی شانس قهرمانی دارند و کاناتچ پاسخ جالبی داد:« شرایط تیم ملی ایران مثل عراق در تورنمنت گذشته است، ایرانی ها در این یکسال فشار بسیاری را تحمل کردند و مردم ایران نیاز به عاملی برای اتحاد دارند و برای همین قهرمانی می تواند عامل اتحاد میان آنها باشد و باید از این تیم ترسید»
البته از درون تیم هم خبر می رسد که بازیکنان برای قهرمانی و شاد کردن دل مردم هم قسم شده اند، آیا این آرزوی سی و چند ساله به حقیقت می پیوندد؟

Nov 24, 2002
up to 1996 it was 8th team that would qualify to asian cup , so basicly once you made it you had good chance to do something ..
and no place for some teams like syria, bahrain, oman, jordan etc ,

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
Whilst I enjoy the positive reaction to our comeback win - a sign of character - our play was pretty crappy. It's just too obvious Ghotbi hasn't gotten this team well-drilled because we are sloppy.

Putting that to the side, in a tournament like the AC - which is not a very long one - things can click and character can take over. Who knows how far we can get. But let's not set the bar so low that we talk about the game in Iraq as if Arrigo Sacchi masterminded it.
Enough Rubbish from you! Just because you repeat the same BS does not make it true. Every time TM does something good under Ghotbi, you come out and say it is due to something OTHER than Ghotbi's coaching. Every time they fall, OF COURSE it is due to Ghotbi. Damn, you must be a weasle lawyer or something. You keep trying to put this guy in a catch 22 situation. He wins, it ain't due to his coaching , he loses, it is all his fault. ENSAF I would respect, crap like this I don't.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
I am happy that Ghotbi is leaving.. I have been a supporter of his, although not as vocal, but it's best for him and for us that he leaves.. Best of luck to him..

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Enough Rubbish from you! Just because you repeat the same BS does not make it true. Every time TM does something good under Ghotbi, you come out and say it is due to something OTHER than Ghotbi's coaching. Every time they fall, OF COURSE it is due to Ghotbi. Damn, you must be a weasle lawyer or something. You keep trying to put this guy in a catch 22 situation. He wins, it ain't due to his coaching , he loses, it is all his fault. ENSAF I would respect, crap like this I don't.
Actually brother,

he is right about that for the game against Korea... Why??? Because we had no game plan after we scored the goal. Most or all of our players were defending after minute 60 when we scored. Ghotbi should have told them look you need to stop defending and go forward and attack and he diden't do this. He played like a chickenshit after that... He should have subbed off pejman Nouri since he got a yellow card after they scored the goal for some one like Reza Norouzi and he should have not subbed on Gholam Rezarezaei who was sick and had a cold instead he should have subbed on some one like Arash Afshin who I am pretty sure would have made more of a difference than Gholamreza.

However I would like to say the game against Iraq Ghotbi controlled the game smoothly and he managed to get a convincing win.

After we scored the goal in the Korea game this team looked like they lost control of it and thats when North Korea had the best chance to score their goal. Thankfully they didn't and we managed to get the win and go up.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Actually brother,

he is right about that for the game against Korea... Why??? Because we had no game plan after we scored the goal. Most or all of our players were defending after minute 60 when we scored. Ghotbi should have told them look you need to stop defending and go forward and attack and he diden't do this. He played like a chickenshit after that... He should have subbed off pejman Nouri since he got a yellow card after they scored the goal for some one like Reza Norouzi and he should have not subbed on Gholam Rezarezaei who was sick and had a cold instead he should have subbed on some one like Arash Afshin who I am pretty sure would have made more of a difference than Gholamreza.

However I would like to say the game against Iraq Ghotbi controlled the game smoothly and he managed to get a convincing win.

After we scored the goal in the Korea game this team looked like they lost control of it and thats when North Korea had the best chance to score their goal. Thankfully they didn't and we managed to get the win and go up.

I am just curious.. How do you know that? Were you there, near ghotbi?

Taking Nosrati out and sending Rezaie in , shows us what? That ghotbi wants us to stay back?

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I am just curious.. How do you know that? Were you there, near ghotbi?

Taking Nosrati out and sending Rezaie in , shows us what? That ghotbi wants us to stay back?
no, but what I saw with my own eyes and I am sure there are others who also saw this. Look its not like we were going forward after we scored the goal, it looked more as if we were defending as a team or it was a decision Ghotbi made for the team. My point is also Rezaei should have not have played in the first place since he was very sick last night. He should have let Norouzi play instead or Arash Afshin IMO.

And another thing I saw on the sideline was Norouzi and Bengar warming up to get on the field. Oh and the idea Ghotbi had of bringing Bengar in made me believe this...

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Actually, if you think about it, he is admitting that there are issues in Iran which no other IRI public figures are allowed to publicly broadcast.

But, as Zob Ahan posted above, it was UAE coach that said it.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I think someone has used inception to put the idea in his mind that he is capable of doing everything (starting with, winning the asian cup!)
lool!:) hehe well said deerouz jan!

man he makes it so difficult to support tm!!
who cares what Ghotbi says? TM is not his property or any official's property to support TM based on them. At least he'll leave for Japan after Asian Cup.so no more arajif from him for a while at least!

All he is saying is that the love of football will bring the country together. Away from the political uproar and away from the controversies which the government has caused.

I think he makes sense. Yes, Iran are already united but he's thinking in a political context. I don't want to wake up every morning seeing that another country has gone against us. Us, hopefully winning the Asian Cup will give us a lot of support worldwide. It wouldn't surprise me if Obama did another YouTube video and congratulates us...

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The disgusting islamic regime has managed to drive out Ghotbi. I hope all those haters and compaliners and naggers can see how much of a good job this guy has done. He has worked with the best and knows his stuff and his results prove it. Now after Mr. Ghotbi we will be stock with the likes of Mayeli again. Thank You Afshin for winning 3/3 so far and showing us that our team can play under the right coaches and conditions.

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
All the Ghotbi bashers pls stand up!!! move aside and lets move ahead with the man!! even if we lose to south korea, i think ghotbi was the best and we should have had him for WC qualification...:Iran1:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
I hated him for going to AN's inauguration. But that was about it, otherwise, in interviews etc. he's cordial and professional.

And he's done well with Team Melli so far.