Anyone into Road Cycling?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I do not do road cycling but in LA I went Mountain biking all the time. One tough trail is Schwitzers: you start at La Canada and end up in JPL about a 7 mile taril but some rugged and steep terrain. Road cycling is great in Cali, especially on the coast, one thing I miss about living in Brentwood. You were close enough to bike to Santa Monica. You could do like a nice Brentwood, Santa Monica, Malibu trail and back because it is FLAT. Cycling is good for you because it is easier on the joints than running. Cycling and swimming are the best. Las Vegas has RED ROCK and that is pretty cool but not the same as Cali. Angeles Crest s also awesome for road cycling btw, For those of you in the foothills or West side, take advantage!

only 2 reasons for me to fly to the US right now would be In-N-Out and cycling some California trails.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Mahdi, do you use any other device beside Strava? like Garmin ? man Strava Calorie calculation is soooooooooooooo wrong its not even funny ! the issue with them is, they dont consider ELEVATION so like if you 10 Km flat or with 10% grade, both give you same result !!! I noticed you are Prime member, i used to be, but i cancelled, like what do you get that free account dont ?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
In-N-Out? Seriously? Very overrated Burger, 5 Guys is 10 times better, yes a bit more expensive but much much better.
C'mon man....puhlease! 5guys??? LOL!

Mahdi, do you use any other device beside Strava? like Garmin ? man Strava Calorie calculation is soooooooooooooo wrong its not even funny ! the issue with them is, they dont consider ELEVATION so like if you 10 Km flat or with 10% grade, both give you same result !!! I noticed you are Prime member, i used to be, but i cancelled, like what do you get that free account dont ?
Yes, I got the Garmin Edge 520 about 2 months ago for exactly that reason. LOL! Also for being able to set up courses, as I do like to cycle alone from time to time.

I have heard also good things about the Wahoo Element. Polar is best when it comes to pure fitness, but unfortunately everything else about their devices suck a bit.

Differences? Mainly stuff like setting up proper goals, watt measure, more detailed numbers about the ride, GPX file download and such stuff. Also, they can give you coaching on the app but I haven't tried that yet. Honestly, nothing too big, but it has some advantages that made life easier, so I said whatever.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Yes, I got the Garmin Edge 520 about 2 months ago for exactly that reason. LOL! Also for being able to set up courses, as I do like to cycle alone from time to time.

I have heard also good things about the Wahoo Element. Polar is best when it comes to pure fitness, but unfortunately everything else about their devices suck a bit.

Differences? Mainly stuff like setting up proper goals, watt measure, more detailed numbers about the ride, GPX file download and such stuff. Also, they can give you coaching on the app but I haven't tried that yet. Honestly, nothing too big, but it has some advantages that made life easier, so I said whatever.
if you have an Android device, i highly recommend Garmin Speed / Candace Censor pair with IPBIKE app on your phone, the best experience if you ask me, it gives you ALLLLLLL the stats possible, I am sure similar thing exists for iPhone.

I used to be premium member, but i got so pissed at them for wrong calorie calculation, i cancelled, i opened a ticket with support, they said their algorithm is better !! lool, dude i went on a hike, 2.3 KM and 850 Meter elevation gain. Strava said i burnt 256 Calories !!! heheheh

Btw I also got Garmin HR monitor, the strap, it is soooooo accurate.

Vancouver has some nice trails 2, if you ever decide to come for a visit, let me know :)

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Guys this thread is about road cycling, not Burgets,
thanks to TeamMelli, another thread goes down the drain ....

moved Burger related posts to its own thread.... please TeamMelli, I BEG YOU PLEASE ... stay on topic ... the best thing you can do,
write your post
wait 5 min
read your post
wait 5 min
read your post AGAIN
if you still feel you want to press submit , go ahead.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Guys this thread is about road cycling, not Burgets,
thanks to TeamMelli, another thread goes down the drain ....

moved Burger related posts to its own thread.... please TeamMelli, I BEG YOU PLEASE ... stay on topic ... the best thing you can do,
write your post
wait 5 min
read your post
wait 5 min
read your post AGAIN
if you still feel you want to press submit , go ahead.
P[oya 82 jan I was responding to Mahdi jan's post when he said the ONLY reason why I would go to Cali for is In N Out and cycling. I was just responding. I WILL STAY ON TOPIC. Let's talk bikes. If you want to get a decent race bike, you are looking at $5,000! f Those bikes are not cheap again I apologize but I believe I was not the one who brought up the burgers. I don't want to be THAT guy but sometimes I feel like I get zoomed in on, just don't ping me again for 3 weeks. I was responding to another person's post.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Top 5 road cycling bikes cool vid, very informative, I will keep it short, topical and wait 5 minutes before posting. Over 660,000 views, very informative. title should be top five bikes you can't afford! Pooya 82 jan, I have decided it is best for ISP to ban myself until September: explanation below
1-I have a police exam written and physical with Las Vegas Metro on the 7th of June. If all goes well, I will be in the academy by September and at Penn State University in the Spring, 2nd BS in Forensic Psychology.
2-There are a few issues and concerns, sins of the past LV Metro has a 3 year statue of limtations on pot and I smoked 2.5 years ago. Worst case, they say WAIT six months.
3-I am sorry but I did NOT ruin this thread my friend it was another person but I need to go away from I.S.P for a while, I need my mental to be 100 because this can be life changing.
4-I WILL post for Team Meli WCQ and football SOMETIMES but that is IT no general discussions no policies for a while. Take care of you #Nothing Personal strictly Business, I hope we are copesetic when I come BACK:
1-I will keep posts TOPICAL just don't blame me for things I did not do
2-I will wait 5 minutes before I post I thought about this all night and got good advice from a friend, will not name him. Good luck and go Team Meli, qualify for the knockout stages, I shall watch you in Russia and Die Mannschaft.
[video=youtube;eEs1YyIDgos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEs1YyIDgos[/video]

Last edited: