In-form Iran could cause a stir at Russia 2018

Oct 18, 2010
i concur with the premise of this article.
iran under carlos is a winning team and nothing else
will satisfy them.they are going places in russia.

[h=1]In-form Iran could cause a stir at Russia 2018[/h]
FOX Sports Asia football editor Gabriel Tan looks at why Iran – who have won 27 out of 38 games since the last FIFA World Cup – should not be underestimated at Russia 2018.
With Monday’s 1-0 win over Venezuela, Iran are now unbeaten in their last ten games and building well ahead of next summer’s FIFA World Cup.
Team Melli were the third team to seal their berth at next summer’s World Cup, behind hosts Russia and five-time champions Brazil, after securing qualification back in June.
The benefit of qualifying as early as they did is extra time to prepare and get things right ahead of appearing on the biggest stage in world football.
Impressively though, Iran are doing all that while still churning out positive results.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/744539/form-iran-cause-stir-russia-2018/

Nov 24, 2002
With a decent draw and of course a bit of luck, this team will have a good chance to have one of our best performances in WC, i don't know if that will be enough to advance from the group stage, but i sure hope so. So far the friendly matches were not against strong opponents but it was much better than previous years, the key is to play at least 4 more friendlies before WC, and against the sides at least as good as Russia, if not better.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
My advice to all Iranians is not to get your hopes up. In fact believing we will lose all three games will protect you from any sorrow from loses at the tournament.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
My advice to all Iranians is not to get your hopes up. In fact believing we will lose all three games will protect you from any sorrow from loses at the tournament.
My nature of optimism denies believing you, even though I know dreams don't matter to come through for this regime, as long as exposing the fu*king religious verse underneath the T-shirt by a player after scoring a goal is accomplished, it's a dream come true for them. Any nation would wish to have such a successful TM. We have been told by the regime that nothing is more important than representing old religious believes from centuries ago, and we accepted it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Actually if we go by history, we should expect an awful WC!

*Back in 98, we thought Iran would be a punching bag. We played quite well even against Germany.

*In 2006, with all the talents and stars with European experience, we had high hopes of a great WC and advancing to the second round! To some extent the world did too! A team consisting of Mahdavikia (Hamburg), Ali Karimi (Bayern Munich), Hashemian (Hannover), Zandi (Kaiserslautern), Rezaei (Messina), Kaebi (emerging "young" star, with articles published by Fifa), Nekounam (wanted by European teams)! Even the Swedish commentators were saying Iran is strong in every possible position. The rest is history.

*In 2014, with a huge talent drought, we didn't expect a thing from TM! Against Argentina however, we could pull off Iran's probably best game in history. A big shocker!

*In 2018, we have again high hopes with lots of young talents in TM! What can you expect here? :)

i concur with the premise of this article.
iran under carlos is a winning team and nothing else
will satisfy them.they are going places in russia.

[h=1]In-form Iran could cause a stir at Russia 2018[/h]
FOX Sports Asia football editor Gabriel Tan looks at why Iran – who have won 27 out of 38 games since the last FIFA World Cup – should not be underestimated at Russia 2018.
With Monday’s 1-0 win over Venezuela, Iran are now unbeaten in their last ten games and building well ahead of next summer’s FIFA World Cup.
Team Melli were the third team to seal their berth at next summer’s World Cup, behind hosts Russia and five-time champions Brazil, after securing qualification back in June.
The benefit of qualifying as early as they did is extra time to prepare and get things right ahead of appearing on the biggest stage in world football.
Impressively though, Iran are doing all that while still churning out positive results.

حالا شما احساساتی*** نشو . تا اینجا هم خدارو شکر کن .

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
اگر حقیقت امر را بخواهید من شخصاً فکر نمیکنم از گروه***مان صعود کنیم.ببینید همین گروه ۴،اگر این استرالیا حذف میشد خیلی*** بهتر میشد،چرا که الان صد در صد نمیتونیم با اسیاییها بیفتیم،در اون زمان شانس داشتیم،که با هندوراس بیفتیم اگر انتخاب میشد،الان که اصلا حرفش را نزنید.یا باید با تیم***های آفریقایی بیفتیم که یک سر و گردن از ما بالاترند یا اینکه با صربیا.در گروه یک هم با هر تیمی بیفتیم یک سر و گردن از ما بالاترند،گروه دو هم همینطور.پس دیگر شانسی*** نیست.فقط نمیدونم یک معجزه یی بشه که همه چیز به نفع ما تموم بشه.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I would give it 5% chance for this team to go to the next round. I am not basing it on the technical or tactical issues, player's talent levels or the coaching staff. The only reason they won't progress is because they are not mentally prepared for big tournaments.
We always lose in the WC even before showing up on the pitch. Iranian teams are not used to play against big names and big teams. They get easily intimidated. When they play friendlies, the fear is not a real factor, that's why they usually perform decently against others. As soon as it really counts, they get ultra defensive, no one shows for the ball, they park the bus and wait for a miracle to get something out of the game. That is in nutshell their demise.
They need proper personnel to take care of the psychological aspects of a game, but that is a long term plan. Look at Japan or South Koreans, they are by no means better than us in Asia but they are always better than us when it comes to WC or confederation's cup or any other major international tournament. Even if they lose, they play to their level and not like headless chickens, running around desperately defending or being scared of making mistakes.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
With a decent draw and of course a bit of luck, this team will have a good chance to have one of our best performances in WC, i don't know if that will be enough to advance from the group stage, but i sure hope so. So far the friendly matches were not against strong opponents but it was much better than previous years, the key is to play at least 4 more friendlies before WC, and against the sides at least as good as Russia, if not better.
I think if we get our
Pot1: Russia or Poland
Pot 2: Mexico or Switzerland or Peru
Pot 3: Iran!
Pot 4: Panama or Morocco

We have a good chance of qualifying to 2nd round.

BUT on the other hand, we could get a group like : Brazil / Spain / Iran/ Nigeria !!! then bye bye.

GOOO IRAN!

Nov 24, 2002
I would give it 5% chance for this team to go to the next round. I am not basing it on the technical or tactical issues, player's talent levels or the coaching staff. The only reason they won't progress is because they are not mentally prepared for big tournaments.
We always lose in the WC even before showing up on the pitch. Iranian teams are not used to play against big names and big teams. They get easily intimidated. When they play friendlies, the fear is not a real factor, that's why they usually perform decently against others. As soon as it really counts, they get ultra defensive, no one shows for the ball, they park the bus and wait for a miracle to get something out of the game. That is in nutshell their demise.
They need proper personnel to take care of the psychological aspects of a game, but that is a long term plan. Look at Japan or South Koreans, they are by no means better than us in Asia but they are always better than us when it comes to WC or confederation's cup or any other major international tournament. Even if they lose, they play to their level and not like headless chickens, running around desperately defending or being scared of making mistakes.
You bring up a very valid point, that is my main concern as well, beside players ability and the tactic that we play.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It matters who we end up with in our group and how good or bad they are prepared and play ,what matters most is how well we are prepared physically and mentally ...

If you go into battle mentally prepared and give it all you got and then a little more the end result may be in your favour , if not as long as you give it your best shot like the game against Argentina in 2014 fans will praise you .

At the end of the day winning and losing are all part of the game ,even if you are Brazil and don't perform you will get hammered like they did against Germany.

Last edited:
May 9, 2004
تیم ملی فوتبال ایران هنوز به حدی نرسیده که بشه برای صعود به دور بعد جام جهانی روش حساب کرد
فرض رو بر این هم که بگیریم و ایران را در اسانترن گروه ممکن قرار بگیرد
لهستان
پرو
ایران
پاناما
باز می بینیم لهستان وپرو شانس صعودشان خیلی بیشتر از ایران است
اگر شانس ما را یاری کند و بتوانیم پاناما را دوباره ببریم
حتی خوش شانس هم باشیم برد از پرو و لهستان سخت است
تازه ما فرض را بر این گرفته ایم که ایران در این گروه قرار بگیریدو در سه بازی شانس ما را تاحدی یاری کند
مثلا لهستان تیمی است که دانمارک را در مقدماتی در خود دانمارک چهار بر صفر برده
رومانی را سه بر صفر برده
ارمنستان را شش بر یک برده
یا پرو در بازیهای مقدماتی تیمیهایی مثل اروگوئه پاراگوئه بولیوی اکوادور رو برده
در دوبازی رفت و برگشت باارژانتین شکست نخورده
بازی کردن با تیمهایی مثل اروگوئه و ارژانتین و کلمبیا و پارگوئه و امتیاز گرفتن از چنین تیمهایی مثل بازی کردن
با کره و سوریه و قطر ازبکستان و چین نیست
پس سقف توقعات رو به این شکل بالا بردن تنها امید و ارزو است نه بر مبنای معیارهای حقیقی

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I don't think any Asian team + Australia will go to 2nd round. Asian Football, let's say It is not real Football.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
تیم ملی فوتبال ایران هنوز به حدی نرسیده که بشه برای صعود به دور بعد جام جهانی روش حساب کرد
فرض رو بر این هم که بگیریم و ایران را در اسانترن گروه ممکن قرار بگیرد
لهستان
پرو
ایران
پاناما
باز می بینیم لهستان وپرو شانس صعودشان خیلی بیشتر از ایران است
اگر شانس ما را یاری کند و بتوانیم پاناما را دوباره ببریم
حتی خوش شانس هم باشیم برد از پرو و لهستان سخت است
تازه ما فرض را بر این گرفته ایم که ایران در این گروه قرار بگیریدو در سه بازی شانس ما را تاحدی یاری کند
مثلا لهستان تیمی است که دانمارک را در مقدماتی در خود دانمارک چهار بر صفر برده
رومانی را سه بر صفر برده
ارمنستان را شش بر یک برده
یا پرو در بازیهای مقدماتی تیمیهایی مثل اروگوئه پاراگوئه بولیوی اکوادور رو برده
در دوبازی رفت و برگشت باارژانتین شکست نخورده
بازی کردن با تیمهایی مثل اروگوئه و ارژانتین و کلمبیا و پارگوئه و امتیاز گرفتن از چنین تیمهایی مثل بازی کردن
با کره و سوریه و قطر ازبکستان و چین نیست
پس سقف توقعات رو به این شکل بالا بردن تنها امید و ارزو است نه بر مبنای معیارهای حقیقی
What you are saying is true , lets enjoy the ride and hope for the best ,it is never going to be easy against any team in the world cup , as team melli fans we would love them make it to next round but if the don't it's nothing new ,,, as long as they give their best and hopefully get a bit lucky as well for the first time in their world cup history.

May 9, 2004
What you are saying is true , lets enjoy the ride and hope for the best ,it is never going to be easy against any team in the world cup , as team melli fans we would love them make it to next round but if the don't it's nothing new ,,, as long as they give their best and hopefully get a bit lucky as well for the first time in their world cup history.
بله عقاب جان
جام جهانی تنها برای هفت هشت تیم یک چالنجه
برای بقیه تیمها تفریحه
اون بقیه تیمها که براشون تفریحه و به دور بعد می رسند بیشتر تفریح میکنند
تا وقتی که بازیکنان ما به جام جهانی به عنوان یک چالنج نگاه نمی کنند هیچ جایی نمیرسیم
تا وقتی که بازیکن اخر بازی فقط منتظره که پیراهن نیسکنز و ماتیوس ومسی رو با پیراهنش عوض کنه به هیچ جایی نمی رسیم
رسیدن به چنین جایی سالها سال زحمت و تلاش نه تنها بدنی و تکنیکی بلکه روحی و روانی دارد
مثلا اسپانیا تا بیست سال پیش یک تیمی بود که برای تفریح می امد
الان وضع فرق کرده
ولی من هنوز فکر میکنم تمام تیمهای افریقایی و اسیایی و امریکا شمالی در روان ناخدا اگاه خود به جام جهانی بصورت یک تفریح نگاه میکنند
تنها تیمی که در بین تیمهای اسیا و افریقا و امریکای شمالی ممکن است این روند را تغییر دهد (البته بعد از سالهای متمادی )ا
ژاپنو تا حدی امریکا می توانند باشند
البته ایران هم بعد از اینکه در بسیاری از رشته های ورزشی توانست پیشرفت کند این توان را دارا می باشد