USA Visa for Iranians

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If I hadn't been to Iran in the last 5 years then I would have been ok.
Nope, sorry dude, but you wouldn't! You are born in Iran. No matter how long you've been outside Iran, you will need a visa. As said here above, non-Iranian Europeans who've been to Iran the last 5 years need a visa too. But their case has nothing to do with the case of European citizens with Iranian origin.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Nope, sorry dude, but you wouldn't! You are born in Iran. No matter how long you've been outside Iran, you will need a visa. As said here above, non-Iranian Europeans who've been to Iran the last 5 years need a visa too. But their case has nothing to do with the case of European citizens with Iranian origin.
If he's born in Iran then it may be a different issue. I've had no problems with ESTA recently but was born in UK so passport gives no indication of my evil raghead sandnigger terrorist ancestry.

Only one person in security once asked me where my parents are from and I said Persian then he said "cool some of my best friends are from iran".
But people i know who are born in iran have had more problems.

I would try stating your political leanings and print off some of your ISP posts and see if that has any merit - tell them you are a hardcore Brexiter, hate "bitch" Merkel, hate liberal leftie Obama lovers etc... .They may be more lenient towards you when they see that the bowl is of higher temperature than the stew itself... Give it a go and let us know what happened.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^If you have an Iranian passport then your trip must have been before the new laws. The new laws prohibit you from entering the US without an American visa.

You guys need to read the rules of foreign travel advice in your country and/or the American embassy's site in your country:

Foreign travel advice:

Visa Waiver Programme (VWP)
Most passport holders can get an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) through the Visa Waiver Programme, which allows travel to the US for up to 90 days. The types of journey allowed under the VWP include tourism, certain types of business visit and transit to another country.

You’ll generally qualify to enter the USA using the VWP if your British passport:

and you:

• have received authorisation from the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA)
  • haven’t been arrested for certain crimes, even if a criminal conviction didn’t result
  • aren’t a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria
  • haven’t travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen since March 2011
  • can show that you have enough funds available on arrival to support yourself during your stay, even if you’re staying with family and friends
Certain exemptions apply on a case-by-case basis to those who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen since March 2011. For more information see the website of the US Customs and Border Protection Agency or contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US customs and border protection:

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):

• Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia and Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
  • Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.
Source: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/visa-waiver-program

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I would try stating your political leanings and print off some of your ISP posts and see if that has any merit - tell them you are a hardcore Brexiter, hate "bitch" Merkel, hate liberal leftie Obama lovers etc... .They may be more lenient towards you when they see that the bowl is of higher temperature than the stew itself... Give it a go and let us know what happened.
LOL. that's risky. If the immigration person is a leftie, lover of fascist big government and a politically correct media sheep like most Remainers, then I have no hope.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Lol why the hell would I enter USA with an iranian passport, or even admit anywhere that I have that?
I was talking about the laws. Whether you can slide in because your birth place in your British passport states somewhere outside Iran, that is another matter. According to the law and as stated in the text I posted above, you have to apply for a US VISA too.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Well I thought about going anyway because how do they know I have been to Iran? I won't take my Iranian passport and my British passport is not stamped by Iran. But then heard all immigration services are connected. I can risk it on my own, but I can't put the kids through it.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well I thought about going anyway because how do they know I have been to Iran? I won't take my Iranian passport and my British passport is not stamped by Iran. But then heard all immigration services are connected. I can risk it on my own, but I can't put the kids through it.
Not that I condone the way US border agents behave or the way they treat Iranian travelers (somewhat justified though), but we allow Iranian embassy and their cunts treat us like shit all the time. We enter Iran fearing those monsters every single time. We exit Iran with fear every time. And that is where we were born!

I think USA needs to be cut some slack as it's clearly struggling to keep out a lot of kos-kesh people. The number of avazi people trying to enter the US or break its laws is simply mind-blowing. They're under constant assault by freeloaders and malicious cunts. If you can get the visa, it's probably worth the few hours of hardship.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
If he's born in Iran then it may be a different issue. I've had no problems with ESTA recently but was born in UK so passport gives no indication of my evil raghead sandnigger terrorist ancestry.

Only one person in security once asked me where my parents are from and I said Persian then he said "cool some of my best friends are from iran".
But people i know who are born in iran have had more problems.

LOL

Behrooz, you should check, maybe with US embassy though. From what I had heard, UK citizens and Canadian citizens with Iranian passport were exempt. Only relevant to other EU citizens. As I know from an artist friend who needed an US Visa, it takes 4-6 weeks to get a US Visa from London so you might need to cross the channel anyway to get a US visa in Brussels.

Also, the visa is valid for 10 years so in case you need to travel the US, it might be better to get done with it.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Not that I condone the way US border agents behave or the way they treat Iranian travelers (somewhat justified though), but we allow Iranian embassy and their cunts treat us like shit all the time. We enter Iran fearing those monsters every single time. We exit Iran with fear every time. And that is where we were born!

I think USA needs to be cut some slack as it's clearly struggling to keep out a lot of kos-kesh people. The number of avazi people trying to enter the US or break its laws is simply mind-blowing. They're under constant assault by freeloaders and malicious cunts. If you can get the visa, it's probably worth the few hours of hardship.

It's not like before travelling to the US was that great. I was picked out on every occasion for special interview sessions. I traveled twice with Austrian friends and they were each time quite scared I might be sent back, while I just told them "relax, these are my buddies".

There are enough stories also of people being treated like shit and sent back at US Borders because they had the right to do it.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ yes but keep in mind they fine own ppl $500 for an apple ilegally brought in too. US is really a mixed bag of good and bad but sadly rest of the world isn't relatively as safe for one's being and one's fortune. I think because the world is looking at TV/hollywood the impression is more positive than it really is.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
^ yes but keep in mind they fine own ppl $500 for an apple ilegally brought in too. US is really a mixed bag of good and bad but sadly rest of the world isn't relatively as safe for one's being and one's fortune. I think because the world is looking at TV/hollywood the impression is more positive than it really is.
Sorry but what are you talking about?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I actually believe the opposite. The impression is more negative than it really is.

The US is a wonderful country. Much more good than bad in that mixed bag. As a whole, I believe it's still the most honest nation in the world. Far from perfect, but closest to it among all other countries. Also, people tend to underestimate the resiliency of this country and its people. Should something bad happen to the world, the US will survive it better than everybody else. Not because it has money, but because its people are collectively wiser and more prepared. You take a cross-country trip in the US and you realize this country ain't going anywhere almost no matter what happens. Can't say the same about most other places on Earth.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ pardon to sidetrack from the topic, yup customs and immigration and even post office staff can get nasty easily.

yup Katrina was prime example of what US is not; well-prepared, caring for average citizen etc.. Ignoring war veterans another example. A lot of good is had and observed when you have a high degree and are from a country who has turned into a shit hole.. you can reap the benefits or if you have aptitude and somehow mastered a trade.. however US is very unfair to its own ppl who largely struggle.

US is secluded much like an island, like Japan. Fairly secured except cheap labor has been able to flood in. I am somewhat grateful but in the back of my head I still see what's missing more than what's being offered for the total population not just what fortune I can grab fro myself.

@mehdi earlier, earlier in this thread I mentioned of a woman who was give an apple by the airline on the plane and she saved it for later, she landed in the US and customs fined her $500 for having brought an apple in. Hoping the rest of the post is clear as US is the magnet for foreign investment and one's money is relatively safe & insured in the bank

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I actually believe the opposite. The impression is more negative than it really is.

The US is a wonderful country. Much more good than bad in that mixed bag. As a whole, I believe it's still the most honest nation in the world. Far from perfect, but closest to it among all other countries. Also, people tend to underestimate the resiliency of this country and its people. Should something bad happen to the world, the US will survive it better than everybody else. Not because it has money, but because its people are collectively wiser and more prepared. You take a cross-country trip in the US and you realize this country ain't going anywhere almost no matter what happens. Can't say the same about most other places on Earth.
If something bad happens to the world, they will survive because they are far away from it. But if something bad happens to the US, well, the response by the US usually hasn't been that "intelligent". I would consider a Lindy factor and look at countries who have been through the most shit and still survived.

Last person to blow the horn of Iran and the near and middle east in general, but if you look at what the region has been through and how it's still surviving, I guess you can get a clue of who will survive when shit hits the fan.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

What you say is true about the coasts and large cities. The rest is a shit bag.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
What you say is true about the coasts and large cities. The rest is a shit bag.
I have the opposite view. The "shit bag" is in fact where the value and resiliency is. The coasts and large cities are unfortunate byproducts. The world is full of those coastal large cities that are nothing but bank-driven bubbles. The "shit bag" outsurvives all others with relative ease.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have the opposite view. The "shit bag" is in fact where the value and resiliency is. The coasts and large cities are unfortunate byproducts. The world is full of those coastal large cities that are nothing but bank-driven bubbles. The "shit bag" outsurvives all others with relative ease.
Of course if you are a meth addict or on oxy contin 24/7 you will be resilient. I have traveled quite a bit in the Midwest and south and it ain't a pretty site.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Just watched the video on Iranians being stuck in Serbia (gateway to the rest of EU as Serbia has openned up to Iranians and Indians) .. For the last six months many has made to Serbia, their success rate is minimal, also closure of sarafis in Iran and a couple in Serbia or paid but getting busted at the borders takes all they ever got.

These Europeans and US do very little for the countries they turn into shambles and their controlled resources. Number of refugees US takes is minimal.