TM Iran Information Thread

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I agree with you , however question for you, Lets say Iran does NOT qualify from their group (Strong possibility) , what does that mean? Skocic has matched CQ result now. So is Sko a good coach? bad? same as CQ?
How do we rate coaches? based on the RESULTS they achieve? or is there another criteria. I think before deciding who is better than who, we need to decide what criteria we are going to use to compare coaches?
As said before, CQ got 4 points in the last WC. Anything less than that CQ > Skocic. Very simple!

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
The problems with IRI have always been there. It's nothing new. And you are right...this is the main problem in our football. But in this huge problem, we know a man who came along and challenged the system and almost got what he wanted from them. And what he got was not only for himself but mostly for us!!! Yet some of you guys are happy he's out in favor of another usual puppet. This is totally illogical to me!
We always should move forward even hiring a new coach. Also, there should be very good reason to change a coach. Such as, TM did not make it to World Cup and ended third in their group. Or TM had humilated defeat such as England 0-4 lost to Hungray in home.
CQ is retired and should not even be considered when failed recently in Columbia and Egypt.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
The problems with IRI have always been there. It's nothing new. And you are right...this is the main problem in our football. But in this huge problem, we know a man who came along and challenged the system and almost got what he wanted from them. And what he got was not only for himself but mostly for us!!! Yet some of you guys are happy he's out in favor of another usual puppet. This is totally illogical to me!
The issue of “ no money because of the sanctions “ Can be filed under the category of stretched truth.
My understanding is we have money owed by FIFA that can not be given directly to IFF but through intermediaries can be spent on expenditures regarding preparation of TM for WC , including coaches salary.
And there is money in Iran. Otherwise how else our government owned clubs are paying ballooned salaries of players? Three of our top 5 domestic so called pro league clubs have or are about to hire European coaches, with a better CV than sko and higher salaries.
A government owned club is paying 1.5 million dollars to her domestic coach. They are signing players, seemingly on daily basis, with astonishing salaries ( relative to Iran) in the range of 100s of thousands of dollars.
Money is not as much of issue that their propaganda will want you to believe.

With or without Sko , it will take a miracle to advance. With CQ , chances are slightly better but not by much. There is simply not much of prep time for a novice like sko to turn things around.
The issue wasn’t that we lost to Algeria B. Is how we played against Korea ( twice), Algeria B or even Lebanon with our so called golden generation.Clearly a leadership issue.
There is no substantial time left to reintroduce this team to the basics of disciplined game with someone totally new to the team or the psyche of team.
The only reason CQ’s name is being mentioned and advocated by many including yours truly, is familiarity with this psyche.

Realistically, I feel that if we had a coach like nekonam at the helm and had Carlos agree to function as an advisor, we will have a better chance of “ reputable” showing than with sko and his 3rd grade assistants.
His selection of assistant ( unknown Croat guy that used to help him in one of the low tier clubs) is simply an insult to TM.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
yeah, simple, ok then we can agree Branko is same as CQ, , then lets see what happens in this world cup.
Branko 2006 WC : 1 Point
CQ 2014 WC: 1 point
Very simple as you said. Branko = CQ by your own logic.
That may be but with CQ we progressed in 2018. With Skocic we want to remain at least on the same place and definitely not regress. You guys wanted to keep him so this is the least you must have had as a reason for it!

Ps. That is in fact your logic. You're the one who want to look at numbers and results only. For me there are millions of things that make CQ superior to anyone we've had until now!

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
We always should move forward even hiring a new coach. Also, there should be very good reason to change a coach. Such as, TM did not make it to World Cup and ended third in their group. Or TM had humilated defeat such as England 0-4 lost to Hungray in home.
CQ is retired and should not even be considered when failed recently in Columbia and Egypt.
You always move forward when everything in a system works well. Not when you have lots of problems. And by the way, selecting an unknown coach who show lots of weaknesses in his games and tactics, is not really moving forward, even in a perfect system.

CQ failing in Columbia and Egypt which is a totally irrelevant argument, is getting old.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
We will find out very soon if Skocic is a good coach or not. No need to argue for now.
I agree with you , however question for you, Lets say Iran does NOT qualify from their group (Strong possibility) , what does that mean? Skocic has matched CQ result now. So is Sko a good coach? bad? same as CQ?
How do we rate coaches? based on the RESULTS they achieve? or is there another criteria. I think before deciding who is better than who, we need to decide what criteria we are going to use to compare coaches?
I’m not sure if we can agree on the criteria. For me personally, as long as TM’s last game is not tashrifati (still a chance to advance or has already advanced) is a good achievement. I think Bronco was the only coach in TM’s history that outcome of last game did not matter.
Also, the way TM plays has some weight but not necessarily the deciding factor. Take Greece in Euro few years back. They did not play an attractive football by any means, but they got the results.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Realistically, I feel that if we had a coach like nekonam at the helm and had Carlos agree to function as an advisor, we will have a better chance of “ reputable” showing than with sko and his 3rd grade assistants.
His selection of assistant ( unknown Croat guy that used to help him in one of the low tier clubs) is simply an insult to TM.
Rahim jan, I agree it's getting too late even for bringing CQ back. We did this to ourselves so we have to live with it. But what makes Nekounam, an internationally inexperienced coach, more effective than CQ? I mean if CQ is supposed to act as advisor, he could very well take the helm of TM himself. Most if the TM players are still his and he knows them very well.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
How do you guys think Skocic himeself feels about his position? Does he think he is safe and will in fact be on TM’s bench when WC starts?

if you can answer this question, then you know what’s up!!!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
How do you guys think Skocic himeself feels about his position? Does he think he is safe and will in fact be on TM’s bench when WC starts?

if you can answer this question, then you know what’s up!!!
As long as he says yes and is relatively calm and doesn't bother anyone with, for them, "unimportant issues" like finding friendlies ahead of the WC, he's quite safe I would say.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
You always move forward when everything in a system works well. Not when you have lots of problems. And by the way, selecting an unknown coach who show lots of weaknesses in his games and tactics, is not really moving forward, even in a perfect system.

CQ failing in Columbia and Egypt which is a totally irrelevant argument, is getting old.
As far as I am concerned anybody who is successful in his job remain in his job. Skocic has been successful and qualified TM to WC and TM was first in its group - first team from ASIA to qualify. He became the coach of TM when TM were losing games with low option to qualify for WC. It is not a good practice to change or fire a successful coach.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I mentioned this earlier that it is up the TM players and I say it again. For any team to perform well, the players have to trust and believe in their coach.
As long as that trust and belief is there, TM will perform well. But, without that trust and belief, you can expect chaos as soon as something goes wrong.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
As far as I am concerned anybody who is successful in his job remain in his job. Skocic has been successful and qualified TM to WC and TM was first in its group - first team from ASIA to qualify. He became the coach of TM when TM were losing games with low option to qualify for WC. It is not a good practice to change or fire a successful coach.
Well, you might be right, but don't forget when IFF let both Ivich and Vierra go. Weren't both of them mega successful? We are talking IFF here.

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
As said before, CQ got 4 points in the last WC. Anything less than that CQ > Skocic. Very simple!
But even if we win all our matches you'll just say this was all because of the fruits of CQ or some nonsense like that.

Basically for you guys, CQ is the greatest and that's it. The rest is just about how to shift the narrative to make it fit.

Literal cult mentality that seems to be stemming from some half baked confused political ideology that has nothing to do with football in the first place.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Well, you might be right, but don't forget when IFF let both Ivich and Vierra go. Weren't both of them mega successful? We are talking IFF here.
Vieira record only three games 2 tie and one loss.
Ivic record only five games 1 win two ties and two loss.
Talebi was next four games 1 win and three loss.
All were Coaching for short period and few games.