Norooz holiday may be reduced

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
oh bastards...knew this would come sooner or later.
Winter holidays!! and I bet it concidentally gonna fall on 22 Bahman holiday!!!!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
i actually like the norooz holiday to be decreased but I also the rest of crappy holidays slashed out.

we iranians just have way tooo many breaks.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
i actually like the norooz holiday to be decreased but I also the rest of crappy holidays slashed out.

They are reducing it for students only. Having 2 weeks of holidays during new year time is very common for students in US.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Right. The holiday was over one week only for students.
yeah but technically employees too would all get their days off in those days to get 2 weeks off for holiday along with their kids!!!

I think we have way too many statury/religious holidays. They should cut those holidays..

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
I think we have way too many statury/religious holidays. They should cut those holidays..
khaab didi kheyr baasheh. The proposal is to add one more day of religious holiday. What surprises me is that they are adding one day of "jashn" and not "azaa".

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
khaab didi kheyr baasheh. The proposal is to add one more day of religious holiday. What surprises me is that they are adding one day of "jashn" and not "azaa".
looool,hehe,seriously!! but I remember even in Fetr eid, IRIB doesnt show that much of an entertaining/upmood programs. while when u would get Saudi channel, they were showing Belly Dancing and all that on Fetr!!!

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005

We dont have too many breaks!
Also remember the weekend breaks here are on Saturday and Sunday while in Iran the break is only Friday.
these are just excuses of AN anti-Iranian government for fighting the Iranian culture and replace everything with Islam.

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Not surprised at all, slowly but gradually they are making their own sick version of islam/iran/democracy/theocracy.....

Jun 18, 2005
Didnt anybody read the part where they said some other holidays will also be cancelled? So they are also going to scrap some religous holidays.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
course no one read it!
we read it, but it doesnt say which holidays they gonna scrap. and trust me, most likely it wont be religious holidays and rather national holidays such as "Iran's oil independence day",etc..lets just wait and 30..

Jun 18, 2005
Regardless of what type of holiday 29th of Esfand is, it would never get scrapped. Thats just too close to Eyde Noruz.

I dont know whether we have any other nationalist holidays aside from Noruz and 29 Esfand? So it certainly would be religous holidays.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
This was one of the interesting comments in there:

هميشه ميگن تعطيلات در ايران زياد است ! اما به اين نكته توجه نمكنند كه كشورهاي ديگر 2 روز در هفته تعطيل هستند و ما يك روز ! مثلا همين امسال تعداد تعطيلات تقويم رو اگه بشمريد ميشه 73 روز حالا 52 جمعه رو كم كنيد ، ميمونه فقط 21 روز تعطيل غير جمعه ! اين در حاليه كه فقط تعطيلات آخر هفته در كشورهاي ديگر 2×52 روز يعني 104 روز است ! به نظرم مشكل ما عدم انطباق روزهاي تعطيل ما با دنياي اطراف است .

Seems like the dude does not know that we work longer hours
during that 5 day of the week and when we work we work our
a$$ off like no one in Iran....