13 Aban/NOV. 4th News/Discussion

Oct 20, 2003
I think his observation was mainly before the revolution and he did not live to see how these charlatans formed a government through violence (1360s) and proclaimed themselves as the only officials and middleman between God and people.
Anyway, the first part portrays what we are facing and experiencing quite accurately.
Of course that was his observation before the revolution, he was dead by 1978. The point I was trying to make is he was criticizing such school of thought which gives clergies total control over people and the countries affairs. He rejects that as unIslamic. This views was shared by many high ranking clergies who at the time of ratification of Velayt faghih principal in the constitution, voiced their opposition to the velayt faghih idea.

May 12, 2007
So what do you guys think?
Where are we now? I fear that the government takes the event today as a sign that they can crack down any protest and go after arresting Karoubi & Mosavi.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
But has quran said that?
No, anyway, Koran is an experience of over 23 years of social/economical changes in a very fanatical society. Many rules and regulation are discussed and meant to be abondoned but are practiced by Vali Vaghih and his charlatans now, not that they believe in any sort of Islam but because all the scums, filth, and criminals are hidden behind a manufactured religion, an ideology to plunder the national wealth and resources.
It is all about plunder, plunder, and more plunder....

Coach
Feb 7, 2004
Latest video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT8Jg_hpA4M"]YouTube - ‫13 آبان Ùˆ پناه بردن مردم به خانه ها‬‎‬‎[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0D5izlUZXo"]YouTube - 13 Aban = تظاهرات 13 آبان دانشگاه آزاد قزوین[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=welpKHv4ah0"]YouTube - ‫تظاهرات 13 آبان یوسÙ￾ آباد‬‎[/ame]

Oct 20, 2003
I removed it because I misunderstood what mowj posted. But it is hard
to believe quran have stated such a thing.
What do you know about what shariati had become if was alive after rev?
To the best of my knowledge (I am no Quranic scholar) Quran does not recognizes a class as the clergies, let alon giving them any special rights.
Dr Shariati's writings are very clear as to where he stood on issues, I think he would have been shunned if he was alive.

May 12, 2007
To the best of my knowledge (I am no Quranic scholar) Quran does not recognizes a class as the clergies, let alon giving them any special rights.
Dr Shariati's writings are very clear as to where he stood on issues, I think he would have been shunned if he was alive.
I am no Quranic scholar myself. But If you know that is true they should write it with gold every where in Iran.

Quran does not recognizes a class as the clergies, let alon giving them any special rights.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
So what do you guys think?
Where are we now? I fear that the government takes the event today as a sign that they can crack down any protest and go after arresting Karoubi & Mosavi.
DireStraits, from the very begining government took up the stick to crack down and quiet down but look where we are today. Khameneie deservedly is the target of all slogans. Government lost when Vali Vaghih in the Friday Prayer!! threaten and ordered the killing, rape, and torture.
The IRGC has nothing to say but threaten people with violence almost on an hourly basis, yet look at the bravery today.

If regim's torture, rape, and murder did not quiet people down in taking their country back, today's events definitely wont.
The movement is growing in numbers and is spreading to more provinces. Just look how Azad universities, high schools are joining in. As the result of today's bravery the movement is stronger and regim more terrified. While regim losing supporters, the movement is gaining them.
Bottom line, people have already won the war against a beast that did not expect any resistance to the 22 Khordad Coup. Even in their intimidation talks they show their confusin, fear, and not knowing what to do.
I just hope on next occasion people will be little more organized and in sync on their slogans to chant the same slogans all over the country.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
I take the following photos at Tehran University (speaks volumes) as a witness to people's victory.
درود بر مردم قهرمان ايران

1ـ تجمع طولانی بود و از قبل از 10 تا بعد از 16 ادامه داشت.
2ـ امروز تمام درها باز بودند اما دم درها در بیرون از دانشگاه یک ردیف پلیس یا گارد ویژه چیده بودند و پشت سر آنها نیز نیروی پشتیبیانی بود.
3ـ ابتدا دانشجویان سعی کردند که از در قدس بروند بیرون اما جو به شدت نظامی خیابان قدس مانع از عبور آنان به بیرون از دانشگاه شد.
4ـ دانشجویان به سمت سردر اصلی رفتند و تا آخر وقت آنجا ماندند.
5ـ دانشجویان با شعارهایشان مشخصاً از مرز نظام گذشتند و تندترین شعارها را علیه رهبری دادند. این میتواند نقطه عطفی در جنبش باشد. در کمال تعجب گارد ویژه هیچ واکنشی نشان نداد جز یکبار که با کمی پیش روی دانشجویان را مجبور کرد که همان چند قدمی را که از سردر بیرون آمده بودند به داخل بازگردند.

6ـ دانشجویان پرچم کنار سردر را پایین کشیدند و به آن نماد سبز وصل کردند و دوباره بالا بردند. در آخر وقت یکبار دیگر آن را پیایین کشیدند و به آن بادکنک و یک پارچه سبز اضافه کردند کردند و دوباره بالاکشیدند.

7ـ در بیرون از دانشگاه عده ای از لباس شخصی ها از دانشجویان فیلمبرداری میکردند. حتی در ساختمان روبروی دانشگاه یک دوربین حرفه ای نسب کرده بودند و فیلم گرفتند. دانشجویان در جواب شعارهایی دادند مانند «مزدور چقدر گرفتی، دوربین رو دست گرفتی» و ...

8ـ دانشجویان جلوی پای ماموران یگان ویژه و فیلمبرداران پول خرد و اسکناس ریختند

9ـ برخی از شعارها چنین بود:
«پول نفت گم شده، خرج بسیجی شده»، «حسین حسین شعارشه، تجاوز افتخارشه»، «سفارت روسیه، لانه جاسوسیه»، «نه غزه نه لبنان، جانم فدای ایران»، «جنتی لعنتی، تو دشمن ملتی»، «بسیجی حیا کن، مفت خوری رو رها کن»، «بسیجی واقعی، همت بود و باکری»، «ستاره دانشجو، مدال افتخاره»، «دانشجو میمیرد، ذلت نمیپذیرد» و شعارهایی نیز در حمایت از موسوی، کروبی، خاتمی، صانعی و منتظری داده شد.

10ـ برخی از شعارهای امروز که خط نظام را رد کرد چنین بود:
«ای رهبر آزاده، خمینی چشم براته»، «معاویه حیا کن، سلطنت رو رها کن»، «مرگ بر اصل ولایت فقیه»، «نه هاشمی نه احمدی، لعنت به بیت رهبری»، «رهبر ما جوعلقه، ولایتش معلقه»، «ننگ ما، ننگ ما، رهبر الدنگ ما»، «محمود جنایت میکنه رهبر حمایت میکنه»، «شعار ملت ما، دین از سیاست جدا»، «رهبری، رهبری، ننگ به نیرنگ تو، خون جوانان ما میچکه از چنگ تو»، «سید علی پینوشه، ایران شیلی نمیشه» و ...

11ـ حدود ساعت 2، دو عدد اتوبوس آمد و جلوی دانشگاه طوری پارک کرد که دید مردم از دانشگاه کور شود. هر چند که صدا هنوز به گوش مردم میرسید

Oct 20, 2003
I am no Quranic scholar myself. But If you know that is true they should write it with gold every where in Iran.

Quran does not recognizes a class as the clergies, let alon giving them any special rights.
That is exaclty what Dr. Shariati was saying and I posted it for you earlier, here was he said a few decades ago.

اما در اسلام چنين بحثي اصولا مطرح نيست زيرا عمال حکومت مذهبي در جامعه ي اسلامي وجود ندارد. سازماني به نام روحانيت نيست و کسي "روحاني حرفه اي" نمي شود. در اسلام ميان مردم و خدا واسطه نيست. هرکس مستقيما با او در تماس است.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
11/04/09 [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Tension and Hope in the Streets of Tehran [/SIZE]By Citizen Journalist, Tehran

--- click on photos to see high resolution ---

Payvand.com - The sense of something happening had been at large big time since last night, and when people started in many parts of Tehran to shout Allah-o-Akbar, the sense of mystery was enhanced many folds. Rain that had been pouring everywhere and had easily brought the Tehran notorious traffic to a stand still. I simply walked everywhere rather than driving.
This morning the sun was shining and mountains were covered by white beautiful snow; and the deep sense of tension was strongly at large. From every corner of town, but specially from central parts, people called to say that the spirit of opposition to demand change, to struggle for air of some kind of a civil society in 21st century, was high.

People, mostly young and students, took to the streets and got into groups and headed to different parts of the city's central streets chanting "death to the dictator" among many others, while inviting the onlookers to join them and share the display of everybody's deep frustration.
The economy is so bad that businesses are going down one after another, and many offices and factories have not received their salaries for months. I wonder how they manage?

The authorities are showing a serious show of force; from the early hours, they had put their heavily clothed troops everywhere, on the bridges and on the street corners. Motorist told me that there had been several shots fired in different parts and there is a heavy use of tear gas in many parts. Only god knows when the young ones in each home get there to their waiting mothers and fathers.

An eyewitness told me that last night he witnessed two young ladies passing on leaflets to people; but before he got his copy, they were arrested. I am sure this has been happening to a great extent these days. One can at least pray and hope if one cannot join them and support them morally in every other way.
I wore something with green in it today and my big green rings. My heart and thoughts are with all these brave young ones whose determination and zest will be night time stories for decades to come.
Join me to wish Iran and Iranians a better world and more open society with a government whose concerns are care of the nation rather then its own survival; a government that is open and transparent and truly democratic. Amen!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
11/04/09 [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Ayatollah Montazeri: Occupying US embassy was a mistake! [/SIZE]Source: Radio Zamaneh

Ayatollah Montazeri
On the occasion of the anniversary of the occupation of the US embassy in Tehran, moderate cleric, Ayatollah Hoseinali Montazeri, revisited the event which he had approved of at the time, and claimed "considering the negative effects and heightened sensitivity" it produced amongst Americans, he believes it was a "mistaken" act.
The Shiite cleric added, taking over the embassy of a country that was not in "official war" with Iran was akin to "declaring war on that country." He claimed even "some of the revolutionary and committed youth, who were instrumental in that act at the time, now believe that it was a mistake."

Ayatollah Montazeri’s statements were posted on his official website in response to questions asked by Green Wave of Freedom website.

Ayatollah Montazeri claimed that "if it is in our national interest to re-establish relations with the US, we should not provoke mistrust and agitations with baseless slogans."

Ayatollah Montazeri’s views are in complete opposition to Iran’s Supreme Leader who on Sunday adamantly condemned direct relations with the US and criticized the policies of Obama administration. He slammed Iran’s current negotiations with world powers claiming the outcome of these negotiations have been pre-determined by the US.

Ayatollah Montazeri, on the contrary, claimed "Israel and its American lobby" are the fervent opponents of re-establishment of diplomatic relations between Iran and the US and believe the survival of the "current crisis" is in their interest.

Former US Embassy, Taleqani Ave, Tehran

The reformist cleric also condemned Iran's close ties to Russia saying: "What's the difference between Russia and the US that toward the first we should be so trusting as to give away exorbitant amounts of our nation’s treasury but with the other, we should even refrain from negotiations and talks?"

Ayatollah Montazeri claimed the "oppression of people and the national crisis created by the presidential election" in Iran has "weakened the stance of the government" even in its international negotiations and inevitably "it will not serve the interests of the country or the people."

He encouraged the authorities to take a "bold and expedient" decision to release all political prisoners, reinstate all banned media and dismantle all forms of opinion policing in offices and universities."

Related Articles

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
11/04/09 [SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]MTV-U's Poet Laureate: Simin Behbahani [/SIZE]By Scott Harrop, Just World News
MTV (Music Television) "University" has selected Simin Behbahani, "the poet who never sold her soul or her pen," to be its second poet laureate. For a visually challenged 82-years-young Iranian, how cool is that? Beginning Monday, Nov. 2nd Behbahani's poems will be featured on MTV-U in a series of 19 short films.

Simin Behbahani (photo by Syma Sayyah)

Why would MTV do this? Is it political? In the The Wall Street Journal, MTV senior Vice President Ross Martin explains:
“Her poems speak to us because they are from a part of the world that is front of mind and confusing... We know there’s a groundswell on U.S. campuses advocating freedom and an end to oppression in Iran. mtvU has a responsibility to hear that cry and respond to it."

Amid Iran's post election tumult, millions around the world heard Behbahani's timeless lament at the death of Neda Soltani:
You are neither dead, nor will you die
You will always remain alive
You have an eternal existence
You are the voice of the people of Iran

Yet it is Behbahani, the reputed "Lioness of Iran," who will now re-introduce millions of the world's youth to Iran, through the medium of rock 'n roll, music television, in her universal voice.
When Iran's President Ahmadinejad dismissed those who protested the election's legitimacy as mere "dirt," Behbahani hurled the insult back, with the pen:
"If the flames of anger rise any higher in this land
Your name on your tombstone will be covered with dirt

Yet MTV's featuring of Behbahani should not be interpreted as adding to the cacophony of voices pining for more invasions, war, sanctions, bloodshed. Nearly 30 years ago, Behbahani wrote of her horror in seeing a martial fever for war arise in her students then:

Oh, the child of today
If war is what you want
I am the child of yesterday
To me, war is shameful
MTV's Ross Martin further explains the choice of Behbahani on his own blog,
"Behbahani's poetry champions women’s rights and acts as a voice of peace and freedom during a time of political and social upheaval. Twice, she has been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Poetry. Her poems illuminate not only the struggle of Iran but also the extreme beauty of the land, its people, and its history."
Martin also notes how none of this would have been possible were it not for the literary skills and devotion of Professor Farzaneh Milani. Her translations bring Behbahani's "iconic" poems to life in English. If Behbahani is Iran's national poet, Milani has rendered her the world's.
To stay alive, you must slay silence,
to pay homage to being, you must sing....

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Revolutionary Guards Extend Reach to Iran's Media

Planned News Agency Fits With Move to Dominate Accounts of Events; 'They Want to Control Public Opinion'

[]FARNAZ FASSIHI[/COLOR][/URL] [/B]

Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard Corps, already an economic, political and military power, is quietly pushing into a new domain: the media.
By March, the Revolutionary Guards plan to launch Atlas, a news agency modeled on services such as the Associated Press and the British Broadcasting Corp., according to semiofficial Iranian news sites. The move comes as the Guards are increasing control over the conservative Fars News Agency, which has become the mouthpiece of the Iranian regime. Fars denies that it is linked to the Guards.
View Full Image

Sipa Press The Revolutionary Guard Corps, whose primary role is internal security, has extended its power into the political, business and media arenas.

On Thursday, Brig. Gen. Mohammad Reza Naqdi, the head of the Basij, a Revolutionary Guard volunteer task force, announced what he called a new era of "super media power" cooperation between the media and the Revolutionary Guards, according to official Iranian news outlets.
Analysts say the Guards aim to control the official account of events coming out of Iran and offer a counternarrative to reports published by independent and reformist media outlets.
The Guards "want to dominate the flow of information and be the ones telling the world what's going on in Iran," says Omid Memarian, a dissident journalist who now lives in the U.S. and who did his military service with the Guards.
Last week, the government awarded Fars first place for best news agency at Iran's annual media fair. At the same time, it has shut down reformist newspapers and Web sites. On Monday, business newspaper Sarmayeh, which has been critical of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's economic policies, was shut down. The official IRNA news agency said the daily was closed because its content strayed from business topics.
More on Iran

The Revolutionary Guards, created shortly after the 1979 revolution, have increased their influence since 2005 during the administration of President Ahmadinejad, himself a former member. The government's current slate of cabinet ministers, provincial governors, ambassadors and lawmakers draws heavily from former members or commanders of the Guards.
In October, a business unit of the Guards bought 51% of the shares of Iran's Telecommunications Co. from the government for about $8 billion, effectively gaining control of the country's telephone landlines, all Internet providers and two mobile-phone companies. (The government directly owns the rest of the company.)
The Guards control Iran's strategic long-range missiles and have business holdings in sectors from oil and gas to construction, shipping and telecommunications. When unrest erupted across Iran after the disputed re-election of Mr. Ahmadinejad in June, the Guards were responsible for a crackdown to restore security.
In September, two Fars News Agency photographers, Javad Moghimi, 24 years old, and Hossein Salmanzadeh, 34, fled to Turkey and requested asylum. Their account of the Guards' presence at Fars offers insight into the force's media connections.
View Full Image

Javad Moghimi and Hossein Salmanzadeh Javad Moghimi and Hossein Salmanzadeh, former photographers for Fars News, fled Iran in September and have sought asylum in Turkey.

The two men say they left Iran after receiving a warning from Fars News' managing editor, a former Revolutionary Guards commander, following pictures they took of opposition protests. Both men say they were taking pictures anonymously and selling them to foreign agencies abroad.
"We were insiders defying orders to not cover opposition gatherings. They considered what we did treason," says Mr. Moghimi, whose picture of a demonstration in Tehran made the cover of Time magazine in June.
Experts say Fars News content closely mirrors the tone and language of the Revolutionary Guard weekly magazine, Sobh-e-Sadegh. The agency's top editors and editorial board are all former Guard commanders. Fars is housed in a building owned by the Guards in central Tehran that was previously the headquarters of the force's intelligence unit.
Fars News Agency's head of public relations, who gave his name as Mr. Salehi, denied when reached by phone in Tehran that the agency was affiliated with the government or the Revolutionary Guards, but declined to elaborate.
Mr. Moghimi and Mr. Salmanzadeh joined Fars when it was created, about seven years ago. The Guard presence has become more visible during Mr. Ahmadinejad's administration, says Mr. Salmanzadeh, who was the agency's deputy photo editor. Many editors were removed, including top management, and Guard members with no journalism experience took their positions, Mr. Salmanzadeh and other people familiar with the situation say.
The new management put editorial restrictions on the staff, the two photographers say. Reporters had to write favorable pieces about the government, and photographers had to angle their camera lenses to show bigger crowds during pro-government rallies, they say. Staff were banned from covering Christmas because it promoted Christianity, and couldn't take pictures of Turkish whirling dervishes because they promote mystical Islam, the photographers and others say, and pictures of women were allowed only if the women were properly veiled.
Journalists from Fars News took part in interrogating dissidents, according to several dissidents who say there were journalists present jotting notes in a corner during the dissidents' interrogations in 2007.
This past spring, in the months leading up to the June presidential election, Fars created a "journalism center," Tavana Club, to train young, hard-line Basij volunteers, according to Iranian media. In July, as protests against the June election results intensified, Fars fired 39 independent reporters from its staff for not being in line with the organization's new policies, and replaced them with the newly trained hard-liners, according to Iranian media reports.
Fars declined to comment on the dismissals. The Fars Web site added an icon to its home page titled "the Velvet Revolution," with daily updates explaining how the opposition was funded and orchestrated by Western countries, including the U.S. and the U.K.
Mr. Moghimi and Mr. Salmanzadeh left Iran separately in early September, without saying goodbye to their families, after the warning from Fars News' managing editor.
The two men now live as refugees in a tiny apartment in a small town in central Turkey with little furniture and no heat. They have applied for asylum at the Ankara offices of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
"The Revolutionary Guard now understands that political power is interconnected to media power, and they want to control public opinion," says Ali Alfoneh, a visiting research fellow at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, who has studied the Guards extensively.
Write to Farnaz Fassihi at farnaz.fassihi@wsj.com
Printed in The Wall Street Journal, page A10