Recent content by BabakB

1. B

Cristiano Ronaldo

It’s been about 7 months since CR moved to Real Madrid. In hindsight, do you think his move from Man U to Real was a right move?
  2. B

Soccernomics

Has anybody seen the book "Soccernomics"? I just heard about it on the radio. From Amazon: Using insights and analogies from economics, statistics, psychology, and business to cast a new and entertaining light on how the game works, Soccernomics reveals the often surprisingly counterintuitive...
  3. B

Iran's Rank in the Group under Different Scenarios

I used Excel to generate Iran's rank in the group under all possible scenarios. To limit the number of cases, I assumed both Iran and S. Korea will beat Emirates, a safe assumption (if we don't beat Emirates at home, it is unlikely we will get enough points away in S. and N. Korea. Also, the...
  4. B

Breaking the Cycle

It's happening again and again. TM loses and we, fans, start analyzing the failure. We blame the coach, players, IFF, media, AFC, referees, bad luck, bad weather, and everything else we can imagine. Then we get tired, stop and hope next time things would be better. For the most part, we...
  5. B

Some Statistics

Uzbekestan has scored the most number of goals, 9, and received the least number of goals, 2! South Korea, our next round opponent, has scored the least number of goals, 3. After South Korea, Iraq and Vietnam, our potential opponenets in the semi final, are with 4 goals each.