New ISP Rules (updated March 8, 2022)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Rules (Subject to change):

1) You can't be disrespectful toward a nation, race, nationality, and/or groups with different ideology and mindsets. As soon as you find such remarks, please report it and they will be banned. You can have your opinion but you can't insult.

2) You can not insult or go to direct confrontation with each other. I am not going to read page after page to see whose fault it is. Like a civil society, you report it. As soon as you start the conversation, you are at fault and both sides are banned.

3) Personal messages between members will not be moderated.

4) Please don't compare ISP with other forums such as PFDC. Each one has its own policy and rules and should be resepected.

5) Don't hijack a particular thread: if people don't agree with your opinion, don't post multiple posts to just prove your point. At that point, the admin will warn you about your actions, in case you don't listen, a 1 day ban will be issued. After second time, you will be banned.

6) If a previous member is banned, a new username won't bring you back to ISP. The admin can use his judgement to ban such individuals.

7) If this is not clear: if you are permanently banned, you are banned for life.

Recommendations:

1) please indicate the source specially in political debates.

2) If you are posting a link, add a two sentence summary of article before posting.

I am serious about these rules, and has no exception.

Last edited:

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Damet garm, this is a really good start to clean things up a bit.

No doubt some will call it "cancel culture" but the most important thing is consistency and these two statements are clear for the forum. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Good rules but these rules have existed in the site forever. As Tehol Bedict says, it is all about consistency in implementing them.

By the way a question...... what does the eye in front of some posts mean?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I agree but irrespectable is not a word,
It is disrespectful. So from now on if I find out someone is being rude or disrespectful, I'm not going to retaliate, I'm just going to report them. What if someone is being disrespectful to you in an email and they're being verbally abusive?
Furthermore, be consistent at least let the rules apply to everyone and. Not just a few.
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter what if someone is being abusive to you via email how do you report it? I'm not going to say who, but you can guess but I'm going to forward what he wrote and why I reacted. From now on I am not going to engage with him, I got the message.

So I have a suggestion Could you create a feature that we could report abusive emails LIKE WE CAN ON POSTS?

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I agree but irrespectable is not a word,
It is disrespectful. So from now on if I find out someone is being rude or disrespectful, I'm not going to retaliate, I'm just going to report them. What if someone is being disrespectful to you in an email and they're being verbally abusive?
Furthermore, be consistent at least let the rules apply to everyone and. Not just a few.
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter what if someone is being abusive to you via email how do you report it? I'm not going to say who, but you can guess but I'm going to forward what he wrote and why I reacted. From now on I am not going to engage with him, I got the message.

So I have a suggestion Could you create a feature that we could report abusive emails LIKE WE CAN ON POSTS?
Rule #3, personal messages will not be moderated.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Rule #3, personal messages will not be moderated.
That is just stating the rule i am saying is there a way we can REPORT THE EAMIL
like we can REPORT POSTS?
There should be a feature that allows us to report people on emails, like we can on here.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I have to tell you @TeamMeli, I hope you follow the rules but I have to tell you unfortunately that second offense is ban for life. Now let it go, don't send me 100 messages, both of you were banned for 36 hours. Let's move on.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ok @Iran-Esteghlal-Inter I am just not going to email him anymore that will be my LAST EMAIL. I sent one telling him to piss off wanker after he called me a racist but I POMISE I won't engage with him. Furthmore would i ever be a staff sports writer or not really? If not just let me know now. Also, I'm really not a racist, despite what Pooya might think.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Ok @Iran-Esteghlal-Inter I am just not going to email him anymore that will be my LAST EMAIL. I sent one telling him to piss off wanker after he called me a racist but I POMISE I won't engage with him. Furthmore would i ever be a staff sports writer or not really? If not just let me know now. Also, I'm really not a racist, despite what Pooya might think.
I think that is a wise decision.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
But question, I am just waiting and counting the days. I am not going to keep pestering you about it but when do you think that front page will be ready so I could begin writing sports articles? Look sometimes, you got to face facts and realize you are not going to get along with everyone, and that is ok too.

What I realized today is, you are not going to get along with everyone, and that is ok. I do not have to be friends with everyone here and just because you are an admin, does not mean the rules do not apply to you. Without taroof, I want to at least thank you for being fair about it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
But question, I am just waiting and counting the days. I am not going to keep pestering you about it but when do you think that front page will be ready so I could begin writing sports articles? Look sometimes, you got to face facts and realize you are not going to get along with everyone, and that is ok too.
I am working on it but can't promise a date. I have a very hectic March

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am working on it but can't promise a date. I have a very hectic March
Ah yes, same here. March is when I have a final at BYU for the remainder of my 4 classes (have one tomorrow for a 4-unit Psychology test). Man this class is tough: you have to study everyone from; Freud, Piaget, Vygotsky, Chomsky, Bandura, Vundt. Erickson to Carol Gillian it's like review one years worth of couses in one sesemter becuase it is two classes.

Anyways, I think we are off to a good start with the new rules and I 100% agree with them.
Tehol B is right, some are going to call it "cancel culture" but some people also think that the earth is flat. There is a German proverb, "Mindoger sind we achlocher, yader hat sis stinken." That means, opinions are like as$holes, everyone has one and they stink. Followed by za zaut lahm ist nicht gut ror too much noise is not good.

I don't care for the bs that comes out of half of the people's mouths, to honestly tell you the truth however, I have a new strategy in dealing with people. There is also a Persian saying that you only associate with people who are on your level. If you want to lecture ME about Russia or Ukraine however, you were never in Russia, Ukraine or Eastern Europe, I am just going to laugh at you, karasho
Also Spasiba Bolshoy. Man this Russia thing is crazy they just got banned from the World Cup btw.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Also, I have been in charge for 2-3 weeks now, please give me feedback. Again this is a community, and i hope you feel welcomed and express your opinions.

Oct 18, 2010
you are doing a good job.

i would like to recommend all members post a very brief
2 sentence executive summary of any articles they are posting
to make it easy for the reader to decide to read or not.

i ignore the persian scripts since i can't read them but they should
do the same!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
you are doing a good job.

i would like to recommend all members post a very brief
2 sentence executive summary of any articles they are posting
to make it easy for the reader to decide to read or not.

i ignore the persian scripts since i can't read them but they should
do the same!
Added to recommendations