AFC Asian Cup 2023

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I hope you are correct that we will play better. Hopefully the boys will remember the stupidity on our part that led to Japan's first goal in the last tournament. Hopefully that memory will make them determined to make amends this time round!
I couldn't believe how light headed some players were like Azmoon , in one instance he was on his own with the ball free going to the box with only the goalie to beat and he slowed down and wasted the chance 😳 😐

He and Taremi and Qolizadeh made it easy for the keeper to make some easy saves .

Saman also many times could have taken the ball forward instead of playing it square or back to the defenders 🤔 ...
You can't afford to play like that against any team ,even if you think you are superior, got to go for it seriously and put the game beyond their reach.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Lol do you ever get weird people responding to you on social media? One Arab kid
thought I should automatically route for Saudi Arabia over Korea because Saudi Arabia is a Moslem country.
I told them they are barking up the wrong tree, I am not even that faith and there would be a blizzard in Havana before I route for KSA..

Me, "Not only I hope Korea beats Saudi Arabia, I hope they lose in the harshest way possible, in penalties to my dad and wife."
When it happened, we all laughed. I said, "It's a good thing those two clowns don't play for Colombia, or nobody would see them again."

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Khodadad vs Javad Kh sparring over MOM as khodadad felt Iran dominated so HSafi deserved it and Javad reporting fotmob had Their RB by .1 at 8.5 over HSafi.

Khodadad wasn't having it, hilarious exchange between inflated ego and maslahati ego.
Azizi was correct. Why would the defender be rated as MOM when he didn’t do anything special like score, assist, save a goal etc… and Khiabani was telling Azizi he should admit he is wrong.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Interesting, I thought Iran with Taremi suspended, would be more of an underdog. Bettors can get either 0.5 goals or +115 so if you bet $100 on Iran,
you get back $115, if you bet $100 on Japan and they win, you get $85 back. B Bettors are high on Iran noting, that they have not lost since WC 202.
Head to head is 6-6 tied but Iran are 0-2-1 vs Japan in the Asian Cup.

How does the draw work? If it goes into penalty do they consider that a draw?
Some places like bet 365 have iran as slight favorites 16/5 Iran draw 13/5 Japan 17/20, if i am reading and analyzing it right. That means bet $16 on Iran to win 5 or bet $17 on Japan to win 20. So the odds makers are kind of all over the place. This one is really gong to be 50/50. The team that can capitalize on the first crucial mistake the other team makes, will win.

With Taremi out, the Japan manager's strategy should be, to have "help defense," on Jahanbaksh and Azmoun. Make somebody else beat you and that somebody else might be Ezotali or soebody else unexpected like Roozbeh Cheshmi. Biravand needs to be on his A+ game.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/asian-nations-cup/iran-v-japan/winner
https://www.pointspreads.com/news/soccer/afc-asian-cup-quarter-final-iran-vs-japan/#:~:text=Japan – Asia’s top-ranked team, come into this,Team Melli as +300 underdogs for Saturday’s match.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Khodadad vs Javad Kh sparring over MOM as khodadad felt Iran dominated so HSafi deserved it and Javad reporting fotmob had Their RB by .1 at 8.5 over HSafi.

Khodadad wasn't having it, hilarious exchange between inflated ego and maslahati ego.
Melat kos khol: mamlekat ro dareh aab mibareh