Search results

1. OSTAD POOYA

Campaign to chant "Mahsa Amini" at the 22nd minute of every world cup game

Not sure if you guys have seen this. There is a campaign going around to shout out Mahsa Amini name at the 22nd minute of the WC games. I have a strong feeling this will happen during Iran's games for those at the stadium. But not so sure about the other games. This is what I received: ...
  2. OSTAD POOYA

Asian Cup Playoffs and Iran's losing streak in Penalties and Overtime losses

Korea has lost to Iran 4/5 games under CQ. The last game was a draw and the 4 before Iran won. From those 5 games (4 were world cup qualifiers) which Iran won 3 of them and 4th was a friendly. Going before that and CQ time we lost to them in the quarter finals of the Asian Cup in 2011. I think...
  3. OSTAD POOYA

Thoughts on Beiranvand

I have to say I have been a fierce critic of his over the last 6-8 months and was very worried about him taking Iran's goal. I want to say thank you Beiranvand for a fantastic performance yesterday. He executed his game play perfectly. I was very buzzed when watching the game and too nervous...
  4. OSTAD POOYA

World Cup 2026 host to be decided by tomorrow

The 2026 world cup host will be announced by tomorrow. On one side it will be Morocco and on the other side (USA, Canada, Mexico) in a combined bid. Its the first world cup which will have the 48 team format and FIFA has indicated country voting will be more transparent to stop the events from...
  5. OSTAD POOYA

Reza Shah's body may have been discovered today

http://ifpnews.com/exclusive/mummy-found-in-southern-tehran-may-belong-to-former-shah/
  6. OSTAD POOYA

Iran Sets New Record in FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

Iran Sets New Record in FIFA World Cup Qualifiers http://ifpnews.com/exclusive/iran-sets-new-record-fifa-world-cup-qualifiers/#.WagjWpAQtjI.facebook Iran Sets New Record in FIFA World Cup Qualifiers August 31, 2017 - 14:46 Iran’s national football team has set a new record in FIFA...
  7. OSTAD POOYA

World Cup qualifiers around the world(June 2017), Results, Updates, Reports

In a shameful act Saudi players did not observe a minute of silence for acts of terror in London while the Aussies did. The other group is crazy now as 3 teams are tied with 16 points but Japan does have a game at hand. The game ended 3-2 in favor of Australia...
  8. OSTAD POOYA

Footage of the Iranian Locker-room after win against the US in 1998 World-cup!

http://varzeshvideo.com/?p=17706 I don't care what anyone says about Ostad Assadi. To me he is the Kurt Rambis of Football. The guy has the most heart and always tried his hardest for the team. This day definitely made every Iranian feel some level of joy and being proud of their country...
  9. OSTAD POOYA

Player of the game: Please cast

Please vote for 3 players as your player of the match. I think this will be a more effective way to get the overview of those that most think performed better.
  10. OSTAD POOYA

Alireza Beiranvand the next Iran great goalie?

I have to note that I was very impressed with our goalie. Especially with his catches, dives, punching, and that one ball that fell in front of him and he dove on it. He had no fear and was fighting hard despite all the times he was hit. I was worried about him as he had a decline after his...
  11. OSTAD POOYA

Iran being fu#$!d by AFC and cheated

After the disastrous pitch conditions of yesterday which Iran could have won the game under normal circumstances and the chances of injuries it brought upon players and the refereeing, time wasting, offside goal, and not even allowing the injury time to be played fully and time wasted even there...
  12. OSTAD POOYA

IRAN-SYRIA... Rain delay start

Due to rain kickoff has been delayed 30 min. Should start in about 20 minutes hopefully.
  13. OSTAD POOYA

Korea-uzbek live score (r)

Uzbeks are leading in korea 0-1. Its about the 33rd min in the game. Korea has been dominating the game and Uzbeks scored on a clearance fluke from Korea goalie. A tie would be the the best result for Iran.
  14. OSTAD POOYA

Which players were you impressed by today?

I think Saeid Ezatolahi was very imposing and strong in the middle and had a great showing. At his young age he is someone that we can depend on to win those hard battles in the middle. Someone like a Teymourian but more physical. I was very impressed by him today. Also Rezaian and Amiri were...
  15. OSTAD POOYA

FIFA FUTSAL WORLD CUP COLOMBIA 2016 (Sept 10th to October 1st)

The World Cup of Futsal started a couple of days ago and Iran is grouped with Spain, Morocco, and Azerbaijan. Iran will be playing her first game later today against Spain which is ranked as the second team in the world. Iran is currently ranked 6th and is hoping to reach the Semi finals. Here...
  16. OSTAD POOYA

Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

I have been meaning to put up a post about the psychological factor that CQ brings to Iran and his patient moves where he has every single little detail under the microscope to create that added edge even if it may seem meaningless or not important to get Iran and his team closer to victory...
  17. OSTAD POOYA

Does anyone collect comics here or books?

I wanted to see if anyone here is into collecting comics or books. It can be a good hobby and can also make you money at times if the right items are bought through out time. Just a subject I wanted to bring up and see if there is any interest and we can talk about it from there on.
  18. OSTAD POOYA

when is the last time Iran senior or under 23 team has won a game in OT or PK's?

I was just thinking and as far as I can remember Iran has lost every single time they were in a elimination position for the Asian Cup, Asian games, and World cup Qualifiers. Going back to at least 20 years and only the Australia game draws (Which technically is a not a single game elimination...
  19. OSTAD POOYA

Is General Parsaian in Syria defending the shrines?

I have not seen general around here for a while. Does anyone have any news on him? From some semi reliable sources I have heard that he is in Syria trying to protect the shrines? :)
  20. OSTAD POOYA

ISIL kills top Iranian commander in Syria

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/10/isil-kills-top-iranian-commander-syria-151009074246576.html ISIL kills top Iranian commander in SyriaIranian military says Brigadier General Hossein Hamadani was killed by the rebels near Aleppo overnight.09 Oct 2015 11:34 GMT | War & Conflict, Middle...