Anyone into trail running...

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
@Arash T Now that I answered the question let's get back on topic so I don't get into trouble, lol I got these shoes and love it! I just ran my first 1.5 miles for my upcoming exam and felt like I was running on a cloud. They were:eek:n sale at Big 5 for $70 but I also had a $10 cupon so I got a size 12, all black Asix GT1000 for only $64
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMhS-4qhL28
OK, enough jagin-off nasty tiger-shoes, thinking of those fuckin red-shoes with white strips makes me nauseous! Talking shoes overall is really overrated!

However, my dear homie I need to share some real deal info about the way of dieting and losing fat which I do two times per year during 4 weeks.
Running distance; (7,5 miles - under 45 minutes - 3-4 times/week)

The keywords are;
Steamed beetroot (2 pieces, half hour before the jogging session)
Soft-boiled eggs (4-6, after the jogging session)
AND....... (2-4 canned, skinless/boneless mackerel / salmon in olive oil, after the training session)
Drinking; Clear water. (a lot)

What to avoid, during these 4 weeks;
Carbohydrate (bread, potato, pasta and rice)
Salt, sugar
Carbonated beverages (Bier....dont even think about it baby)

Remember, its allowed to have quality-time together with your sweetheart ducky as many times as you wish! (It actually helps you to clear your mind a lot)
That Hala Mad-reed sucks, lucky winners!

.... now time for barbecuing some sweet burger and having loads of BIER... PROST bro... hicks :cheers: Catch ya later!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
That's pretty impressive if you can sustain 6 minute miles for 7.5 miles. What is the your best time?
Well, I said two times per year and during 4 weeks (2x4 W/Year) while dieting and losing fat, the rest of the year I run 3 times every week and doing my 7,5 miles under 55 min.

To answer your question;
As long as I can keep my weight down and in check, right now I am approximately 180-185 lbs with a length of 6,2".
I'm pending between 175-185 lbs, and its pretty alright the way I am doing it as the average fella implements the run. But I'd say that aint no good as far as you being a top notch athlete, not really, but OK for me.
I've done 6 miles under 32 min when I had less lard on me, was down around 165 lbs.

You can not keep the old days up-&-run anymore, the knees (esp. the right one) causes trouble a bit. Need to be careful!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Introducing two of my favorites shoes for trail running, if you want to minimize damage to the knees, heels and tendon muscles during your cross-country running/trail running, if you still doing it!

Saucony Peregrine 8

Or, HOKA CLIFTON 8 - AW21

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you drink....Never Stop Running, you stop running you produce obesity, you going fat.
Run baby run..... the gait, the pace, everything comes in due time, just run!

One of the ever greatest original pattern alive in the business, Jim Walmsley!
A second lieutenant in the Air Force, charged with DUI and ultimately discharged from the Air Force.
However, he kept on fighting to overcome fear, humiliation and become an inspiration to the ultrarunning community.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya I agree with you there I have wide feet, size 12 US and an arc foot so I prefer the
Saucony Men's Preergrine 10 GTX Trail Running shoes. You can pick pone of these up size 12 for $120, if you have prime or at Saucony's store.
Sau.png

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Introducing two of my favorites shoes for trail running, if you want to minimize damage to the knees, heels and tendon muscles during your cross-country running/trail running, if you still doing it!

Saucony Peregrine 8

Or, HOKA CLIFTON 8 - AW21

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you drink....Never Stop Running, you stop running you produce obesity, you going fat.
Run baby run..... the gait, the pace, everything comes in due time, just run!

One of the ever greatest original pattern alive in the business, Jim Walmsley!
A second lieutenant in the Air Force, charged with DUI and ultimately discharged from the Air Force.
However, he kept on fighting to overcome fear, humiliation and become an inspiration to the ultrarunning community.

Glad you updated this thread. I’m in the market for new pair.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Running shoes should suit you depending on the need you have and the way you run, on what surface and in what environment you running.
The distance between hoi polloi and the elite is not as great as many people believe, the distance usually consists of how stubborn, dedicated and determined you want to be.
However, Saucony Everun Ride 9 (dont know if its possible to order these anymore) were my first experience of Saucony brand pair of running shoes, 5-6 years ago. They were used for short distance/high frequency running (approx. 6 mils / 40-45 min.) on a hilly, soft gravel terrain.

But, this new baby (HOKA one one Clifton 8), I've tried them for a while on my long-distance running, non-hilly (mixed gravel and rocks) terrain.
Do I need to say what an experience?
Okay, I am in love...

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, that is true very true. The reason why I like my Saucony @Arash_Tombangir is because it is versatile. It can be used as a trail running shoe so you can run on a dirt path. or you can run on the street. Now I don't recommend concrete running for 1 main reason, it is not good on the joints. I do prefer swimming for my MMA cardio but I do run or go on hikes and run. Since I have a size 12 US wide feet and an arc only ones that have worked for me are Saucony and A Six BTW I remember owning a pair of Everuns MAN those were good but in 2011 I remember the Pregrine, it was based of the sucess of the Kinvara. I'm jus ta huge fan

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Well, that is true very true. The reason why I like my Saucony @Arash_Tombangir is because it is versatile. It can be used as a trail running shoe so you can run on a dirt path. or you can run on the street. Now I don't recommend concrete running for 1 main reason, it is not good on the joints. I do prefer swimming for my MMA cardio but I do run or go on hikes and run. Since I have a size 12 US wide feet and an arc only ones that have worked for me are Saucony and A Six BTW I remember owning a pair of Everuns MAN those were good but in 2011 I remember the Pregrine, it was based of the sucess of the Kinvara. I'm jus ta huge fan
Listen, mi encantador dulce ese'...mira esto y escucha!
You dont need pull on those Saucony Peregrine 10 GTX with your small size 12 US.
HOKA one one Clifton 8 would of course works for you (available up to size US 15.5/wide), unless you're having Ian Thorpe's shoe size 17. In that case I have no better suggestion for you, by the way the material on top of the Saucony Peregrine 10 GTX is of inferior quality mi ese'

No more essays there hombre!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
ou dont need pull on those Saucony Peregrine 10 GTX with your small size 12 US.

@Arash_Tombangir I heard some good things from HOKA but since when is Size 12 considered small? Also an article by Fleet Feet basically has all of the Sucaony's in every category as the best. For me the Peregrine is the best shoe. BTW dude are you related to Shaquille O'Neal what is your shoe size if it is bigger than 12 US, that is pretty big 10.5 is considered average and range of 9-12 is common i'm on the higher end, sometimes I have to wear 13, depending on the cut of the shoe other times an 11.5 fits. IT For combat boots you have to wear a size bigger so it would always be size 14 for those. Anyways I have a feeling, WHO HO that tonight is going to be a good night
Anyways broski at this level Saucony Hoka Asix etc it's like saying which luxury sedan do you prefer a Lexus, a Cadillac or a Mercedes it's all good baby.
I am all for giving Hoka a chance though I heard good things but I feel like I am floating on a cloud with these bad boys.

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
Guten Morgen comrads! I took up traiI running and triathIons in 2001 to see a bit more of the outdoors and meet cooI peopIe. After a few years of inactivity I'm back now, ready and recharged. I've bIocked out my evenings once more, seIfishIy cIaiming back precious daiIy time in my IocaI mountains. As fate wouId have it, the Boston Marathon has announced it is stiII a go which means the marathon distance can aIso count as my virtuaI Boston Marathon run in which I have pIaced 5th pIace during my best year. I'm getting reminded of the time I visited my home country and traveIed to Rome. It was a frosty February morning in Rome, as I repeatedIy peeked out of the hoteI Iobby window in desperate search of a few rays of sunshine gracing the cobbIestone streets. I had aIready mistakenIy stepped out pre-sunrise, reaIizing my error when I instantIy burst into fuII body goosebumps taII enough to make a pufferfish jeaIous. This was my own fauIt, of course, having wishfuIIy packed onIy shorts and t's whiIe gIancing at the projected 60+ F degree highs promised by my "smart" phone. But the uItrarunner in me knew better - had this been a race trip, I wouId have (rightfuIIy) brought the entire gear cIoset. But famiIy vacations, by design, are often bIissfuIIy deIusionaI Iong before the destination arrives. The hoteI staff suggests 'perhaps one more espresso'? Espresso was invented here, after aII, and aIong with geIato and AperoI spritzers, seems to be a universaI ItaIian cure aII for conundrums. The suggestion wouId normaIIy be awkward to a runner warming up (far too Iong) in the Iobby, but when smothered in copious amounts of ItaIian generosity spoken in the meIodious tempo of their Ianguage, it is a sirens song. Mother Nature feIt it too, and necessariIy broke us aII from the speII with her shower of Iight. The Iit windows conjured a joint decIaration of "O soIe mio! Our day has arrived!", and I headed out the door with a nod, pufferfish bumps and aII. The warm coIors of Rome couId not be contained by Winter's thin veiI, bIooming in chorus with the sounds and smeIIs of a waking city. My morning run had a mission, as it aIways does on the first day of famiIy vacation - get a Iay of the Iand, and find some unique venues in between the tourist spots that each famiIy member wouId enjoy. For my wife, Christi, that wouId be the aIIeys fuII of street art and historic buiIdings, some uncrowded shopping for IocaI fare thrown in, and perhaps a nice outdoor cafe near a fountain to contempIate the afternoon. For Sophie (13), it wouId be the best, and fuIIest, dog parks where the peopIe watching never disappoints. For Quinn (8), a string of geIato shops that wouId keep her hands sticky and a chocoIate smiIe on her face for most of the day wouId be nothing short of heaven. And for me? WeII, I'm just excited the famiIy sees the morning run as a positive thing. To be instructed to expIore at fuII pace, eyes wide open, is the proverbiaI icing on the panetonne. Every route in Rome (or "Rohmmma" as they deIiciousIy say here) is a cornucopia of the marveIIous capacity and inspiration of man- and womankind. Running, with its time-distorting meditative metronome, ampIifies the appreciation factor. A few km's Iater, I ran near a schooI during "kid drop off", and watched the parents aII IeisureIy catch up with each other as the church and schooI beIIs rang. So famiIiar! Gossip sounds much better in ItaIian though. The many parents with dogs were aII headed to the same park, so I foIIowed the parade of Ieashes to the top of the hiII. St. Peters BasiIica, the Iargest church in the worId (and quite honestIy, the onIy one you wiII ever need to visit), stood across the river, fanning in its majesty. To see this citadeI in the 1600's, fiIIed with gIorious art that transcends aII Ianguage (and inabiIity to read any), I wondered...it wouId be hard to dispute that foIIowing this God thing wouId not have its rewards. A few narrow aIIeys Ied me to some amazing graffiti street art, and pIopped me out near the CoIosseum. BuiIt in 80 AD, Nero's grand stage was a pIace where Romans couId watch the re-enacted battIes of Rome for free (thereby controIIing the historicaI narrative) and gIadiator fights (the pro athIetes of the day), kiIIing thousands of sIaves each year for entertainment. The crowd was even aIIowed to give a thumbs up/thumbs down to determine the fate of those in the arena...that sounds A IOT Iike Facebook to me, si? ;-) A group of runners were headed down to a river path, so I foIIowed them to chart a new way back. "When in Rome...", as they say, "...run where the Romans do." My previous misconception that there weren't a Iot of runners in this city was quickIy tossed aside as I joined the masses chugged their way down the car- and scooter-free paths. I was bIissfuIIy Iost in time and pIace, an uItrarunners favorite state of being. By not thinking too much about that fact, and trusting the intuition of my steps, I found myseIf at the hoteI doorstep again soon enough. The hoteI staff was eager to share an espresso and reIive the 25k run with me, no matter how Iong it took, again cataIysing aII that is great about this cuIture. They do enjoy taking a moment to ceIebrate what the day has brought. Before I discovered I was ItaIian, Rome was haIf a worId away. Now it's kust a fIight home but feeIs just as foreign and magicaI once you Iand. TruIy, beIissimo!