Hajizadeh (IRI) vs. Palsar (BUL)

Nov 24, 2002
Our wrestling is going down some how we used to manage at least 4 or 5 medals ( one or 2 golds in gahremani donya ) during the worst period of our wrestling back to 90! !! i was a crazy wrestling fan back to home , but has been long time i didnt follow this sport ! i guess after gahremani donya in tehran back to couple years a go when we won the title after many years ! we never became world champion

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Babr,

The current team here at this worlds is very young and inexperianced... I think the most experianced wrestler on this team would be Hajizadeh and he's only 24 years old.. In a way the whole controversy with Heidari and the injury to Dabir and others I think has helped us for the future... this is great experiance for these youngsters... granted were not competative this year but hell i'm sure we will be next...

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Behrang Jan , I agree that this team is young and we needed to end the era of the kinds of wrestlers like Dabir and heydari and ... who thought they own the team and can join the team anytime they want, HOWEVER ,

Mr.Taleghani as the head of wrestling federation has shown over and over that he is not capable of long term planing and keeping up with his promisses. If you look at the current coaching team for our NT ( Kaveh, Akbar nejad and Askari mohamadiyan and mohammadi) None of the guys except asgari were great wrestlers. Even Asgari does not have enough experience or education to be a NT coach.

The problem is Taleghani. No one is willing to work with him bc they do not want to jepordize their reputations. This is sad day for our wrestling. I give you another pice of information. I belive 5 of these wrestlers are from Mazandaran. This shows that wrestling is dying everywhere else in IRan ( especially in Tehran) and we are just alive bc of the pure love of Mazandarani people for this sport.

We were able to compete with Russians. We had wrestles who were more focused on their techniques than they body strenght. But now, we are soo waek technically.

Anyway, this is just my persoanl opinion and I belive it is time for Taleghani to leave and we get the right peopel in charge of the team.

Nov 24, 2002
Thanks behrang ! ya i heard dabir is injured and the heydari issue ! both great wrestlers but i guess they passed their prime ! but in heavy weight you dont see much the effect of "matter of the age" ,! remember sokhteh and soleimani who continue till late 30 , solemiani won the only i guess gold medal of our Sangin-vazn in age of 35 maybe back to 1990 in swiss! also Rasul who retired and came back when he was over 30 to fight in sangin-vanz
Rasti behranig did u know rasoul was only wrestler who comepte in 6 different weights !!
he started in 88 in 68 kg, 92: in 82 then moved to 90 then to 100 and then to 130 ! he won the medal in everysingle weight except 68 ( he finished 5th in seol olymphic 88) !that is something man !

btw: Jesusssssssss
only one medal :( so far this year !

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
This is team is very young and is going to be very good one day. The days of Dabir, jadidi, Haidari are over; sad to say. This is the first major tournament and their not doing bad; their competing. Also, we did a interview with Taleghani in New York and talk about alot of stuff off records that I can't bring up here; but beleive me, hes the guy you want runing the federation. Also, if you look back Gilan and Mazandaran are the center of wrestling in Iran. I remember me and my cousins wrestling in beach in Gilan. Finally; Wrestling is the fairest sport out there if you ask me. You wrestle off, and you get your position.