Iran vs. NED

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
I guess this was a meaning less game as we had already advanced to the next round before we even played Ned.

Who are we playing next? is it Brazil?

?

I don't get it the official site says we lost but here is the press conference from the coaches and players after the game from the same site!
http://www.fivb.org/EN/volleyball/competitions/Junior/Men/2005/press/Conf024.asp

VERMEULEN GIDO, COACH, NETHERLAND: The Iranian team played very well
today and my congratulations to them. They are organized at crutial times and although
we had met earlier occasions, this is the time we went upto five sets and lost
narrowly.

LORSHEIJD LARS, CAPTAIN, NETHERLAND: We thought we could win this match.
But it was not to be especially after taking two sets. This was a great for all of us. It is
Shear bad luck that we lost in the last set. We will definitely play well henceforthe
Braving all situations.

CVETKOVIC JOVICA,COACH,IRAN: I am satisfied for the wonderful game both team played.
I congratulate the Netherland team for their show, more than my own team. But I thank the members of
My team for their grit and taking the match even after losing two sets. The atmosphere was great and
I hope we will continue the same vigour , notwithstanding th e injury to our players.

SADEGHIANY ARASH, CAPTAIN, IRAN : This is the best match we have played , we will remember
This match for ever. We will also do our best in other matches taking this match as cue.. I also congratulate
The Netherland team was this wonderful game.

Looks like we have won the game guys!

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
this doesn't make sense...

the title of othe press conference reads:

Netherlands beat Iran 3-2 (25-21, 28-26, 22-25, 24-26, 26-24) - duration 2:22
10-Aug, start time: 17:30, end time: 19:52 - Attendance: 3,000
City: Visakhapatnam; Hall : Swarnabharati Stadium

Then the Dutch captain says:
It is shear bad luck that we lost in the last set.

and Iran's coach says:
But I thank the members of my team for their grit and taking the match even after losing two sets.

Jan 29, 2004
benazar miyad hendiya film-e hendimon kardan :D

Good job by the V-boys. We are definitley and legitimately in the top 12-16 of world volleyball now. Something we can not say about our football with authority at least.