Is Yazdani's move illegal?

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
I was checking another forum and this was brought up... If you look at Yazdani's left foot, he steps on his opponent's foot before grabbing his knee to perform the take down. This apparently is illegal according to some. So I want to ask our wrestling experts and find out. Please click on the link below and watch Yazdani's match against his Russian opponent and pay particular attention to this left foot stepping on his opponent's foot.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=9375

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I was checking another forum and this was brought up... If you look at Yazdani's left foot, he steps on his opponent's foot before grabbing his knee to perform the take down. This apparently is illegal according to some. So I want to ask our wrestling experts and find out. Please click on the link below and watch Yazdani's match against his Russian opponent and pay particular attention to this left foot stepping on his opponent's foot.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=9375
It's not illegal as it's not mentioned in current FILA Rule Book.

I was checking another forum
Which forum is that ? is it a wrestling forum ? can you PM me a link to that forum pleases. thanks.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I haven't heard anything about this so called rule and I couldn't find anything that says otherwise. It's wrestling not La Liga

Yazdani uses the orthodox stance (left leg forward) whereas the majority of wrestlers use the southpaw (right leg forward) stance. Generally wrestlers use their 'power' leg as their forward foot. Anyway, the lead leg of the opponent is closer to him as a result. Plus he just has great footwork / quickness, which results in those beautiful high level singles.

Here is an excerpt from the official FILA regulation book.

Article 49 – General Prohibitions

Wrestlers are fobidden to:

- Pull the hair, ears, genitals, pinch the skin, bite, twist fingers or toes, etc. and generally, to
perform actions, gestures or holds with the intention of torturing the opponent or making him
suffer to force him to withdraw.
- Kick, head-butt, strangle, push, apply holds that may endanger the opponent’s life or cause a
fracture or dislocation of limbs, tread on the feet of the opponent or touch his face between the
eyebrows and the line of the mouth.
- Thrust the elbow or knee into the opponent's abdomen or stomach, carry out any twisting
action which is likely to cause suffering, or hold the opponent by his singlet.
- Cling to or grasp the mat.
- Talk during the bout.
- Seize the sole of the opponent’s foot (only seizing the upper part of the foot or the heel is
permitted).
- Agree with the match result between themselves.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
His stance is amazing , almost look like a square stance and so low yet so moblie , moves like a Leopard that he is so fittingly named after , he looks so incredibly flexible and powerful ......he is the real deal ,palangeh jooybar ...!

Attachments

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
It's not illegal as it's not mentioned in current FILA Rule Book.

Which forum is that ? is it a wrestling forum ? can you PM me a link to that forum pleases. thanks.
Mashdi jaan it is called themat.com. You then click on the forum section and from there select International Forum.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I apologize for that. It says right there in the rules you cannot tread on opponents foot. So in fact it is illegal, but I think the refs just don't call it