List of players for the A team

Jan 29, 2004

Good selection! This will make everyone happy. I am glad to see Haj Osboi, Teymorian, Fazli, Akbari and Mansouri get the call up. This is gonna make a pretty good team.

Nov 24, 2002
this is a B team of iran + they said they won invite players over 25 to just have this team as a hope for our A team ..but navazi , bagheri, ansarian are all close to 30 or over 30!

Jan 29, 2004
Well they officially call it the A team as indicated in the report. I don't see why we should put any age limit on this team. The only age limit should be for the Olympic team.
Bagheri, Navazi and even Mansourian are doing well in IPL so they should get rewarded.
The only player that I wanted to see in the team and missing is Khalife-Asl from Esteghlal Ahvaz, I am starting to think maybe he is Iraqi and not Iranian, otherwise he should have been invited.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Chief said:
Good selection! This will make everyone happy.
It's good to see these names, however at least Alireza Mansourian, and Bakhtiyarzadeh are missing. In addition I thought players like Mohammadi would be called up as well to get a chance to show their ability as a TM material and gain more international experience.

Oct 20, 2003
Chief said:
Well they officially call it the A team as indicated in the report. I don't see why we should put any age limit on this team. The only age limit should be for the Olympic team.
Bagheri, Navazi and even Mansourian are doing well in IPL so they should get rewarded.
The only player that I wanted to see in the team and missing is Khalife-Asl from Esteghlal Ahvaz, I am starting to think maybe he is Iraqi and not Iranian, otherwise he should have been invited.
Khalife Asl is not an Iraqi, he is Iranian from Ahwaz. I believe he is currently injured. He has expressed his desire to be selected for team melli in the past.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
zoozanagheh said:
In addition I thought players like Mohammadi would be called up as well to get a chance to show their ability as a TM material and gain more international experience.
Mohammadi is the current 3rd goalie in A team.

Taghipour should be in the A team as well, he's just as good as Kameli, Yahya and Nosrati.

whatever happened to Bezik? I know he's playing again but how is his performance?

Jan 29, 2004
Iranpaak said:
Khalife Asl is not an Iraqi, he is Iranian from Ahwaz. I believe he is currently injured. He has expressed his desire to be selected for team melli in the past.
Ok so he is still injured! He is been very consistent in the past couple of seasons in IPL. he should get a chance to show his stuff at the national level.
Also looking at this list we don't have a lot of strikers in the selection, since Sepahan and Pas players are not invited that leaves out Bezik, Karimi, Khatibi, Razaghi Rad, Bayatinia. We need a couple of more strikers, Samereh comes to mind to name one.