Positive Thinking

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Hi, everyone. I don't usually write a lot here since I'm only 15. I usually just respond but I really wanted to get some things off my chest.

It was a Chaos yesterday on these forums. All kinds of names, accusations and NEGATIVE threads were all over the place. People were blaming Daei, Branco, Poor Zandi (I LOVE THIS GUY, gotta respect. Many Iranian born people probably wouldn't have done this), and Team Melli in General.

You guys have to remember the pressure on these players, the atmosphere of the whole stadium. What I am about to say here may sound a liittle too kind but again the topic of this thread is thinking positive. Branco did things professional, Team Melli didn't play emotional. Team was not in sync but our Football, our TM, our players have Matured now into modern football.

The sad thing is that WE (we being the Iranian Public) made this a sure 5-0 nothing win in our minds. We didn't turn into the game hoping for a goal, we turned on the TV saying "I wonder what the minutes of our five goals are gonna be? "

When you set your standards too high, this is what you get. Branco knew that if we didn't play a professional, non-emotional and rather defensive game WE could've lost this game. Bahrain is not a weak team. WIND of Football and Science spent a 75 minute program analyzing Bahrain, I made Highlights of all of Bahrain's games from the Persian Gulf Cup immediatly after the tournament so Analyzers could see that they are in fact a very good team (Just Ask Kaveh Jan).

Bahrain played with more determination, organization and teamwork than us yesterday so they were the better team. That is a fact but that's no reason to go cursing our whole team melli and saying that we won't qualify. This was a game that we should've lost with how good Bahrain was playing and we tied it, we should be happy.

Yes there is a lot of problems that need to be fixed, we don't wanna play versus Japan in such form but there is no reason for all these Negative vibes coming from the threads.

Branco didn't wanna any risks, all he cared about was coming out of this game as safe as possible. If we attacked I can promise you our defense was not a defense to stop the amazing counter-attacks of Bahrain.

I think it's time we stopped pointing fingers at a certain player and making polls about "How Much You think "player's name" sucked on a scale of 1-10" or making personal insullts to the person.

I think it's time that Iranians in General don't bash a person that they know is going to make their country proud (Karimi, Mahdavikia, Daei, Branco, Zandi). When you post a thread bashing these players think about the time you'll be replying in threads praising them after they've had a good game.

I think it's time we Stand behind our Team Melli specially since when they didn't really mess up bad really.

Branco didn't care about the press and does everything professional and that's why I love him.

Also, I hope this taught all of you who called Bahrain Monkies and Dirty Arabs a lesson. Don't insult your opponents because they're not going to care, show it on the field. If you guys had spent a little more time STUDYING this so called Enemy instead of insulting it would've been better. So stop the immaturaty and get real cause this is MODERN FOOTBALL.

All the players had a bad day , all the teams have bad days even Chelsea, Juventus and my beloved Roma. Daei, Karimi, Mahdavikia were all part of this team having a bad day so don't blame them personally.

In the End we Must Stand United Against every Iran faces, and Cheer them on. FULL STADIUM IN AZADI VERSUS JAPAN IS A MUST. The stadium must be so loud that the Japanese players can't hear intructions from Zico (ehehehehhe). So Let's Cheer Iran to WC 2006 and for god's sake, Be more Faithful everyone.

DOOO DOO DOO, IRAN!!

One Last Note to IFF : MORE FRIENDLIES PLEASE, WE NEED THEM.

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Great post Shawshenk jan,

What we have to remember is that this game is done and over with and only with a positive attitude and determination can our TM move forward. Zandi, Vahid, and Mahdavikia had just arrived 2 days prior to the match and probably spent one full session in practice with the rest of the squad. Daei's 90 minute game ( I am a huge Daei fan, but its time for him to reduce his role in TM), pushes Hashemian to the flanks where he is not suited to play. He is a forward who needs to be fed by the likes of Mahdavikia, Nikbakht, Kazemian from the sides, and from Navidkia, Karimi and Nekounam from the midfield position. Kabi, Rezaei, and Nosrati in particular played a pretty decent game. Golmo is just too old and a reliability with his lack of speed. This team "can" be great, but needs to play more or simply practice more together. We all saw how TM progressed in AC2004. The more they played together, the better they became as a team. After the Oman game, solid defense (Japan), and Amazing offense (S. Korea) were shown by TM.

Let us all be supportive and give these boys some gratitude, and thanks. Think positive. Irooni bazi dar nayarim.

my 2 cents...

Sep 29, 2004
Shawshank jan,

While I viewed most of the post-match commentary from yesterday, I declined to join the fray. Far from sinister, I think the strong reactions are all rather quite innocent: we all love our national team and want to see them succeed. Equating the tie with Bahrain as a loss, we're angry and look for persons, things, targets to vent our anger. All understandable!

Not wanting to sound trite, but this is not (thank God) a one-match tournament. Iran has five more matches. Let's see how the team, the coach, and the organization respond in the next match. In the meantime, we all have every right to air our opinions, thoughts, and recommendations.

Let cooler heads prevail, though, and let's underpin our discussion and exchanges on our common interest: wanting the national team to succeed.

araky

Ball Boy
Feb 1, 2005
Shawshank,
No matter how old you really are, but the way you looked at the situation shows that you have a mature mind and don't get excited and start screaming to who ever you feel like it. My hat off to you man! Indeed we (Iranian people in general) need more and more of your type of personality to try to show the right way of thinking. Some of the points that you have mentioned, is worth to point out more and talk about it. By emphesizing on these points we can bring the people to some kind of logic on our TM footbal subject.
1. "The sad thing is that WE (we being the Iranian Public) made this a sure 5-0 nothing win in our minds."
You are 100% right on this. I don't know on what facts and figures some people think they have the rights to set this standard and when the team does not reach it, then everything and everybody are entitled to be bashed. We need to learn to set our standards based on facts which nothing more than the study our oponents and see the trend they have. What is their weaknesses and what the strenghts. We need to analyze them how good they are as a team, and have they been able to use their game plan on the field or not, and if not, were they able to change their tactics and so... Only through logical thinking and doing our homework (reseach and reading ) we would be able to have a good undrestanding of our oponents and then expect a realistic result of the game. Let's hope more people start working on this for the next game. Japan is not a week team the some people say we will beat them at home, nor is the kind of team that we could not get a point from them.
Let's stay positive. Let's gather information and provided to other members so they can educate themselves. Let's learn from each other and help one another.

PS: I am fan of no one particulary., but it is sad to see that some people think that they have all the rights to insult players and coaches. They need to undrestand that these players and the coaches are not our enemy and they don't deserve to be bashed . I am not Ali daei's fan, but I respect him and I am proud of his achievments for himself and for Iran. He is the capitan of the team. coach and others evaluation is that he can make a diference and having him on the team is the right thing. I respect that decision.

We will continue this while stay positive.!

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Araky jan and everyone else, hamatoon lotf darid.

Those videos that Babak G and the WIND of football and science make really helps in studying other teams.