RE: Bahrain not being a good host

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You guys seem to be living out of this world.

WTF do you mean when you say we are MEHMAN NAVAZ?

Have you ever seen how foreign(specially Arab) spectators are treated in Tehran? Well I have, and I must tell you "NOT NICE!".

Do you believe Bahrain is gonna give up all their rights as hosts to give us the comfort we desire?! LOL! You haven't attended too many games have ya?! This is the way it is all over the world. The host is the host, not the servant. Trust me. We're no better.

These excuses and the stupid comments about the ball being Nike and the pitch being crappy are all outdated. FOR F***'s sake visit our International Highlights forum and see what good players can do on a crappy pitch. Yeah I know our players are not Ronaldinho or Maradona, but alright, let's bring another example.

Who watched Everton - Chelsea? Pretty heavy game with a lot of physical contact. No team performed as well as they should have, but you could sense the beauty of the game in every move they made. I must tell you the game was far from beautiful, but the players showed that THEY WANTED TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

Our team has been lacking this for a long time now. Our players don't play football. They play the game, yes they know the rules, but they never obey the unwritten rules of the game. Even football has its own rules of engagement, and back to the subject, yes A HOST WILL DO ANYTHING TO HARM THE GUESTS IN LEGAL WAYS. What's so surprising about that?

We do the same. We are not angles. Some people talk as if a hole appeared in the sky and Iranians fell down on earth. NO! Remember Iran - North Korea last year? That my friends is how mehman navaz we are.

Instead of focusing on these side issues that have absolutely no effect on the outcome of a professionally played game, please try to send this message the next generation of footballers in Iran. LEARN TO PLAY FOOTBALL

Jan 26, 2005
What about when Ireland came to Iran in that desperate game for us? How did we treat them. Did we give a small cage to Irish to watch the game?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Did the Irish require 5000 seats? There were about 200 Irish fans(probably less). Plus, Azadi doesn't require a cage in front of fans(debatable) because the seats are located much higher than the field and a long distance away from them, however fans still manage to throw hand-made bombs at players.

You wanna bring examples, here's another one:
Iran - Iraq WCQ2002. When we played in Baghdad and beat Iraq(2-1), the Iraqis were cheering for our TM and wishing them good luck after the match. In Tehran, we showed our hospitality by throwing Narenjak at their fans and injuring at least 5 Iraqi citizens(official stats by the Iranian government. The Iraqi government claimed 20+ injured people).

Everytime an Arab team visits Tehran, all the fans in the stadium completely forget about our own TM, and their chant becomes "BAGHAREH, BAGHAREH" insulting the Arab team.

I'm not saying we should be nice to these people, NO! By all means, make them feel like shit in Tehran, but don't expect them to be angels either.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
True that, happens everywhere.. even on high school level...

at my soccer games, we always have a bunch of our fans go sit on our visitors bleachers to piss them off and get to them

and in basketball games were always yelling stuff at the other school... we constantly have the principle come over and the stupid rent-a-cops try to shut us up..

to think of it, my schools pretty bad :D

yay OM

Jan 26, 2005
Unsportsmanship conduct if done by uncivilized fans is one thing, but one done by the host officials (like Bahrain’s) is another thing. You must show that IFF mistreats the visitors the way Arabs do. If so, then I say you have proved your case.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
LOL! Unsportsmanship conduct?! where?! when?! Last time I checked the game was being played on a grass-field with 22 men on it, not on the stadium seats with fans who just don't like a certain team hence excuses after excuses for even more hatred...

What is this? A football competition or a hatred contest? If the latter, then we're the champions already. congratulations guys.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Soroush jaan,

I think you may be confusing some issues. You are absolutely right in what you mentioned about the troubles Iranian fans have caused visiting teams, but our biggest gripe here is not bahraini fans but the bahraini football federation that allocated a 500 person cage to thousands of iranian fans. If such a thing was done by IFF rest assured fines and sanctions would have follwed from AFC and or FIFA.

Oct 20, 2003
Our fans behavior (or misbehavior) problem is not just limited to Arab teams, it goes way beyond that IMHO. When in an international friendly (with Bosnia) our fans cuss Rahmati just because their favorite team’s goali is not playing, we have a problem. When our fans in international games throw a firecracker at the game we have a problem. When in an international game, our fans cuss Daei (I am no Daie fan or basher) we have a problem. When our fans bring their favorite clubs flags, and not the Iranian flag to an international game we have a problem. When in our IPL league our fans throw stones at the opponent players we have a problem.

I just hope that these event will not happen in our upcoming games at Azadi to embarrass us in front of the world or worst cost us disqualification to host games
There is a problem with our fans period. When in an international f