Rugby

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I have played this game during my stay in New Zealand but i have always been a fan of french rugby. I used to live in northwestern part of Paris near where the rugby club Racing Metro 92 is at home. I watched their games on regular basis. The french rugby league (Top 14) is the best league in the world and right now my Racing Metro is playing Clermont (another powerhouse in french rugby) on their turf. Its the top match of the french league.

The french Canal+ is broadcasting it live online

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-sport/c-rugby/c-rugby-top-14/pid3433-c-rugby-top-14-videos.html

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Strong display by Clermont. They beat Racing Metro with 31-15. Man Norman Para can be a genious if he is in the right mood...

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Tomorrows top game will be Toulouse vs. Montpellier. Stade Toulousain is something like the Barcelona of european rugby. alot of national and european championships and they have some of the best players of the world in their squad. Watching Yannick Jauzion play rugby is always a joy.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Mamuka Gorgodze is a georgian rugby player and one of the best in the world. He is like a truck, a train, i dont know he runs so angry and violent, he just keeps running even when several players sit on his back and hang around his neck...he is also one of the most feared fighters in the best rugby league in the world the french "Top 14".

[video=youtube;CBPe-QvwD7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBPe-QvwD7g[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
one the most boring sport on the planet
Not to play though! I played rugby (with friends not for a club) and it was fun. I still am not quite sure of all of the rules I just know if you punch it in you get 6 points like in the NFL or you can kick it and no forward passes. I also know there is a difference between regular Rugby and Australian rules rugby. Now what are those actual rule differences, ask China not me.

Nov 29, 2002
Rugby is so much better to watch live in a stadium than Football. If it wasn't for highlights shows I wouldn't really bother with football during the year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Rugby is so much better to watch live in a stadium than Football. If it wasn't for highlights shows I wouldn't really bother with football during the year.
You know, you can always DVR the game and fast forward the highlights if it bothers you that much dude. I get what you are saying though they can get annoying. I still prefer football over rugby because I grew up with it but the 120 m 0-0 games can get very annoying. So many games end nil -nil or one -nill and that is what you will hear mainly about Americans who criticize the game. It is a very valid point though you must admit. For most Americans, they are not used to sitting for 90 min and the game ends 0-0.