To all the Aussies out there...

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
So how does it feel to lose the Ashes? I tell you what, I normally would not like England win anything but I have to say this is so funny! After all Aussies were saying we're gonna role over the English and it'll be a very long summer for England.

One bad thing though, the English will not let go of this for the next 50 years.

Cia

Bench Warmer
Sep 26, 2004
Canberra
I have never followed cricket and never will.
What's the history behind the ashes anyway? Why is it so significant?

Oct 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
i don't follow cricket,but i watch the highlights sometimes, and i played a little at high school, just because there was no other sport to play during the summer season !!!

Aussies would have beaten England if McGrath didn't get injured and they had some better batters !!!

The thing is i don't care about who Aussies lose to except the Poms !!! They have won one ashes in 16 years and they now they rave about it so much !!! I got to hate the Poms from Rugby WC final nite; bloody poofs stayed inside he stadium for like 2 hours after the game singing that shitty song of theirs: sweet pot, sweet something :D :D "

don't worry about it aziz, England will lose the ashes again in the next series and then they won't have it for another 20 years again !!!

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
LOL! Pommies aren't good winners at all! But this time I was actually quite happy Aussies lost. The whole team is so cocky and arrogant. It's funny how they are going to play world 11 after this losing this.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Rashaldo said:
don't worry about it aziz, England will lose the ashes again in the next series and then they won't have it for another 20 years again !!!

I have no doubt they will lose it and I'm sure they'll be going on and on about this for the next 60 years!

Oct 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
JazzedUp said:
LOL! Pommies aren't good winners at all! But this time I was actually quite happy Aussies lost. The whole team is so cocky and arrogant. It's funny how they are going to play world 11 after this losing this.
I reckon they will beat the World 11 easily; the have a nature of bouncing back really well !!!

I think they were arrogant and this might have just given them a kick up the backside !!! After the 1st game, McGrath came out and said 5-0 to Aus and at the time i thought to myself "don't say that buddy" !!!

Another reason Aus lost was because of one simple decision: Ponting choosign to bowl in the 2nd test !!! And they dropped lots of catches, very unusual for an aussie team !!!

Well seeing that the Aus cricket team is ont he slide abit, lets hope the soccer team lifts themselves and makes the WC this time around !!!

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I reckon they'll bounce back from this too. They still have a lot of quality players but I'm not quite sure it'll be against world eleven to be honest.

I agree that most of their problems against England was fielding. I can't believe how awful they were in that department.