What is the reaction in Germany regarding Zandi playing for Iran?

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
I don't leave in germany or know german but I predict that their attitude will change against him and won't see him as the same player that was known to be GERMAN. The germans are all like that.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
lol this reminds of the "what were they saying about Iran" question people always ask when someone goes to Iran from abroad. And when you say "well they are NOT" they give you this blank stare like what are you talking about. When you get tired of the question you just make up BS so they'll be happy. In Zandi's case i'd guess the situation is pretty much the same. They are NOT talking about him.

MohammadLin

Bench Warmer
Aug 9, 2004
100Iranian said:
I don't leave in germany or know german but I predict that their attitude will change against him and won't see him as the same player that was known to be GERMAN. The germans are all like that.

I hope not. But even if they do, I wouldn't be surprised.

I guess it is fair to picture ourselves instead of them, before saying:
> The germans are all like that.
Despite the fact that we:
> don't leave[live] in germany or know german

Think of this scenario, Zandi grownup in Iran can hardly speak German, and was playing in TeraktorSazi Tabriz, BechenBauer comes to Tabriz, invites him to a Kofteh and asks him to play for Germany. And say he accepts! Man, oh Man!!!! He be a dead man if he puts his foot back to Iran.

Speaking of Kofteh,, I missed that!!!

Jan 26, 2005
When our players play for German clubs is a big deal to us, and we constantly try to find out how they do. It is natural to want to know how they in Germany feel about “their” players play for us. Andre Agassi does not consider himself Iranian at all, but if somebody of his caliber plays for Iran in an international event, instead of US, it will make big news in US.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
I guess the Germans are pissed ,eversince he played for Iran our good friend Steve (german guy ) have not posted any more .

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Nothing special. They dont judge him because of that. Its his own decision and everybody knows that. Its not like he was the star player of Germany anyway! (not saying he aint good but still!).

Oct 18, 2002
As someone just said, Germans do not care much. In fact, as talking to some German many say that he is not a big player overall so what the heck.
Germany has at least top 3 players playing in his position like Ballack, Deisler...

What hurts me is that since he decided to play for Iran, he is not in the first line up in FCK at all. And when shooting the winning goal last Sat. noone even paid attention that he was just subbed for 5 minutes.

Overall, my comment is that Germans are just Germans do not pay much attention to them, if you do they going to send you to Ausschwitz
hehe

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
German coaches prefer to have all their players in training sessions. If they travel
to Iran Like Daei, Zandi, hashemian.... every one else they may prefer other players
in the start line up. But I don't care people will care so much.
I think it is risky for himself. For instance if he become so good that they want him
or if he matches German football but not Iranian.