World Wrestling: what a disappointment for Iran

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Iran which is considered one of the big names in the world of restling ended its run with one BRONZE medal only.. I don't know about history of iranian wrestling that much, but isn't this the worst record ever?

Well don't accuse me of seeing the half empty glass but this is not acceptable.
If you remeber my posts last year after the world championship and the olympics, I said that iranian wrestling is going down, and if we realy need some foreign coaches (yes even for t\wrestling). Just look at how our football, volleyball, basketball, and wieght lifting improved after foreign coaches were brought it.

It is not that iranian coaches are bad,but they don't have much time to coach as they are too involved in "shashiyeh" and stuff like that.

Feb 4, 2005
saeed agha said:
It is not that iranian coaches are bad,but they don't have much time to coach as they are too involved in "shashiyeh" and stuff like that.

LOLLLLLLLLLL! I'm sure you meant hashieh but it's so funny!!!

soccermaster

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
THis is again not acceptable but look at the names of the wrestler who were send to this competion. THe team is going through rebuilding after Dabir, Rezai, Haidari, Talai were put aside. It is rebuilding time and no this is not our worst record. I remember in one of the years in the 1980 we went without any medals.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
Our wrestling is going down the shitter man, we have been in decline for a few years now. As they say, in wrestling fitness and strength are the most important, even more important than technique... and i have to say i agree 100% looking back at my personal experience

Iran and Iranian wrestlers unfortunately dont offer much in world class fitness and strength training, most of these guys are basically using only their core strength and are not put through advanced strength training... so until we can provide these guys with world class training, we wont have a major role in wrestling.

This is all very unfortunate since our wrestlers have a lot more talent than say the Americans, but are far weaker in terms of stamina and strength

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
R.BAGGIO said:
Our wrestling is going down the shitter man, we have been in decline for a few years now. As they say, in wrestling fitness and strength are the most important, even more important than technique... and i have to say i agree 100% looking back at my personal experience

Iran and Iranian wrestlers unfortunately dont offer much in world class fitness and strength training, most of these guys are basically using only their core strength and are not put through advanced strength training... so until we can provide these guys with world class training, we wont have a major role in wrestling.

This is all very unfortunate since our wrestlers have a lot more talent than say the Americans, but are far weaker in terms of stamina and strength
I have to disagree with you on this. What made Iranian wrestling differen with the rest of the world was our technique. Our wrestlers could move from one technique to another " az in fan be on fan" and confuse the opnent.

this was mentioned by Barzegar and Movahed about 2-3 years ago. We are alor concerned about body strengh ( look at our wrestlers now and look at them from 10 years ago , current wrestlers have much bigger body muslces).

Our young wrestlers are forgetting about techniques and fundemantals of wrestling. Again, this is bc of miss managment on top level by Taleghani which has caused many of good coachs in Iran not work anymore.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
shahinc jan

i know we have improved and yeah our wrestlers looks great compared to the past, but still are behind the Americans and Russians

You must know or heard of Daniel Igali of Canada, remember he beat Dabir in the Olympics once...
anyways this guy is so strong you wont believe your eyes, he weighs 150lbs, he can bench press 400 pounds and (he is a real good soccer player:blah: )

i agree with you on the fact that our wrestlers are not technically as sound as some years ago, but i put most of the blame on the coaching and management

On Taleghani, the only thing i can say about him is that at least he is not corrupt.