AFC Champions League 2018 [R]

Feb 4, 2005
3-0!!! WTF happened. Esteghlal leading 1-0 (goal by new signing maman babayeh tiam) and Al Hilal reduced to 10 men (70') as their keeper (Al Habsi) was red carded.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Fucking embarrassment for Iran. Pathetic defending... I hope at least Taj scores more and comes out with a good victory.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Xavi at 38 fucking PP up.. Hosseini and Beiranvand not doing shit.. WTF is this. If the players are to perform like this we are toast in the WC. Put some hustle into it boys. Embarrassing

Feb 4, 2005
Well PP is having a bad day. mean Hossaini is having a bad day and Beiranvand is bad, has been bad, has been terrible all his career.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well PP is having a bad day. mean Hossaini is having a bad day and Beiranvand is bad, has been bad, has been terrible all his career.
This is where the coach shows his worth , it's one thing doing it in IPL as Perspolis name is worth a 1-0 lead before the game even starts ,but this is not the case in AFC .

I am yet to see any highlights or even the goals but reading comments here and match reports and the results can draw a picture of games today .

Well done to our blue lads and their coach , he has a plan and the ability to deliver ,not just today result but the way they came back last week late into the game and even with a bit of luck could have won it.

I just saw the highlights , unlucky Beiranvand ,he had no chance on any of those goals ,you are being a bit harsh on him Nader jan .

He couldn't come out on that low and fast cross , second goal his vision was blocked and third goal ...well it was a free smash shot from 8 yards out ,who could have saved that ?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
I haven't watched it either but Beiranvand overall is not a reliable keeper. If his team (i.e. defenders) have a bad day they cannot rely on him to cover their fuckups!

That has always been the case. He almost always takes credit for long streaks of clean sheets but he is rarely responsible for that. In PP and TM.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Good result for Esteghlal... they showed resiliency in this game. PP was very disappointing, they must be dreaming that they can dominate ACL just like they do IPL! This result was embarrassing...
Overall, I think this neutral home field for both iranian and Saudi teams can work in our favor if our teams use it in a smart way... true that they lose their home support big time, but playing Saudi teams not in SA can actually work in our teams favor (not dealing with Arab hostility away)...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I haven't watched it either but Beiranvand overall is not a reliable keeper. If his team (i.e. defenders) have a bad day they cannot rely on him to cover their fuckups!

That has always been the case. He almost always takes credit for long streaks of clean sheets but he is rarely responsible for that. In PP and TM.
I am surprised that you have not watched the game and came out bashing Beiranvand just for the hell of it .
Poor goalkeepers always get the blame even if it had nothing to do with them ...

Go watch those three goals and in all honesty say which goalkeeper could have saved any of them ...

May 12, 2007
پرسپولیس پارسال هم به الریان ۳ هیچ باخت بعد از جدول بالا امد. ا لان معلوم نیست چه خواهد شد

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
FT: Perspolis 2-0 Al-Wasl, Nasaf 1-0 Al-Sadd. Now Al-Sadd, PP, Nasaf are ranked 1-3 respectively with 6 points each.
FT: Al-Jazira 0-0 Tractor Sazi. Not a bad away results but they need to start winning if they want to have a chance to qualify for next round.

Last edited: