Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
@TM: Well, since you are a forum member who is well known for NOT making posts for "shock value" and attention and mostly known for putting a lot of thought and logic into your posts, please instead of just saying WC >>>> Club level could you explain this apparently really obvious thing?

Can you explain with simple logic how, like I questioned earlier, a tournament with a total of max 7 games during 4 weeks every 4 years against teams and players who has barely had any real time training with each other is a better measurement of how good players are than club level with 40-50 games each year versus the best teams and players??

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@TM: Well, since you are a forum member who is well known for NOT making posts for "shock value" and attention and mostly known for putting a lot of thought and logic into your posts, please instead of just saying WC >>>> Club level could you explain this apparently really obvious thing?

Can you explain with simple logic how, like I questioned earlier, a tournament with a total of max 7 games during 4 weeks every 4 years against teams and players who has barely had any real time training with each other is a better measurement of how good players are than club level with 40-50 games each year versus the best teams and players??
Ok that is a fair question despite the sarcasm I am detecting and I will try to answer it the best way I can. Yes the world cup is 7 games max during four weeks every FOUR YEARS, THAT IS THE KEY. The World Cup and the Olympics are the only two things that this happens. Ok let me give an example since I watch women's figure skating(don't laugh lol).

To me when players are relatively equal that is the great equalizer. When two players like De Gea and Neuer are pretty close 1 and 1A, that is the great equalizer.

If you don't want to take my word since I am a normal guy who doesn't post shock value what about a Man U legend Peter Schmichael? He has seen De Gea in action since 2011 so he would know better than us. The Dane is picking Neuer. If you don't value my opinion, at least value a legendary GK's opinion.

Can you logically tell me how Neuer is hype?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/de-g...chel-selects-worlds/gomyfuvsa3j51vqpuo4gkae4x

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ... that made my day !

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ... that made my day !
I answered his question @Azhidahak
Look you guys can have a different opinion but I'm not going to make fun of people here if they have a different opinion, glad it made your day.

It seems like no matter what I say people have preconceived notions anyways and will dismiss my opinion because of the past.

That's fine I, along with Schmiachael will take Neuer you guys can have De Gea, just don't ban me and say I'm not being topical because I tried to answer.
Asidahak, Can you logically, in one sentence tell me how Neuer is hype?

Can't we just respectfully agree to disagree? We are not going to change each other's mind, I am not going to get an answer as to why Neuer is hype is not true.

I'm just supporting my fellow German that is normal.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Azhidahak The way you are making it sound is as if Neuer had absolutely NO club success and only was successful in the World Cup. I'm not saying De Gea is toatl crap but how can you say the Neuer is hype? Can you at least answer that question without asking a question? I tried my best to answer yours.

It's about body of work but if everything else is equal then World Cup Champion vs no World Cup Champion
From Wikki-regarded by pundits as the best goalkeeper in the world (he won the IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper award for four consecutive years between 2013 and 2016.

Bayern won the treble in 2013 under Jupp so it's not like you can say he had no club success, the guy won a CL trophy and a treble in 2013. You have your opinion and support your guy, I support my fellow German.

Let's just "respectfully agree to disagree" because we won't change each other's mind. There are no wrong answers when it comes to football and your opinion, just don't discredit the other guy because you like one guy better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Neuer

https://fcbayern.com/us/news/2017/08/news-in-brief-040817

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
So if you think about it you dont see how comparing world cup with olympics is like comparing apples with oranges?

As for Neuer, he is a very good keeper but the reason I say he is hyped is because I can name a handful of keepers on top of my head who have all been better than Neuer while Neuer has stolen all the spotlight and, hence being hyped in my book. Donnarumma, DeGea, Oblak and at some point even Curtois are all keepers I rate higher than Neuer during the same timeperiod where many people constantly talked about Neuer as the best keeper. And Im not even gonna mention Handanovic prior to 2017 because then people would say Im biased.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So if you think about it you dont see how comparing world cup with olympics is like comparing apples with oranges?

As for Neuer, he is a very good keeper but the reason I say he is hyped is because I can name a handful of keepers on top of my head who have all been better than Neuer while Neuer has stolen all the spotlight and, hence being hyped in my book. Donnarumma, DeGea, Oblak and at some point even Curtois are all keepers I rate higher than Neuer during the same timeperiod where many people constantly talked about Neuer as the best keeper. And Im not even gonna mention Handanovic prior to 2017 because then people would say Im biased.
All the keepers you mentioned are excellent keepers and Nuer is among them, he is a perfect example of keeper and sweeper roled in one
There is not much to pick between them, when players are in that high level of ability it's very difficult, their differences are very small.