Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Nov 29, 2002
Sorry to inform you, but CL is the best football played on earth .... nothing beats the quality ...
I wasn't intending to be facetious agha, my point was that sometimes the love of football isn't necessarily for the final end result on the pitch but for the stories, passion, history and various other factors. E.g. Ben Yedder who was languishing in the french 4th tier banging them in non-stop for Sevilla as an example.

That's why for me the fixture of Athletic Bilbao vs Marseille was much more exciting than the unlimited money festival of PSG vs Real Madrid.

And that's why I'd be more excited to watch the Ayrshire Derby than see Glazers vs Skeikh or UAE unlimited money vs russian unlimited money etc.... I just feel there's more of the spirit of the game in the former.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I wasn't intending to be facetious agha, my point was that sometimes the love of football isn't necessarily for the final end result on the pitch but for the stories, passion, history and various other factors. E.g. Ben Yedder who was languishing in the french 4th tier banging them in non-stop for Sevilla as an example.

That's why for me the fixture of Athletic Bilbao vs Marseille was much more exciting than the unlimited money festival of PSG vs Real Madrid.

And that's why I'd be more excited to watch the Ayrshire Derby than see Glazers vs Skeikh or UAE unlimited money vs russian unlimited money etc.... I just feel there's more of the spirit of the game in the former.
I agree spirit wise but I have to say I have (like most people) limited time and am very selective so I would like to watch the highest quality football.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well I am happy with Bayern drawing Sevilla should have no problems advancing, the wise guys have them as heavy favorites.

I will pick Bayern, Barce, Liverpool and Real Madrid to advance to the Semi Finals.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
LOL ! I love your jinx mentality ! you really think Liverpool can beat city in 2 legs?
They are the one team City had problems with this season. Even when they won 5-0 it was even until Mane was sent off.

There is always one upset in quarterfinals and this is the most likely one.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
They are the one team City had problems with this season. Even when they won 5-0 it was even until Mane was sent off.

There is always one upset in quarterfinals and this is the most likely one.
I agree, Man City vs Liverpool is the close one, and in both games, City struggled against them 11 vs 11 but I think City will go through just because I have bet on them.
Juve is gonna struggle against Madrid, there is no Pjanic. Kroos and Modric are going to dominate the midfield once again. No Benatia means 36 years old Barzagli has to defend against Ronaldo and Bale. The only way I see Juve through is another magic moment like in Wembly.