Who is the best Brazilian football player since 1990?

Best Brazilian since 1990?

• Cafu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Careca

• Kaka

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Rivaldo

• Roberto Carlos

• Romario

• Ronaldinho

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Neymar

• Total voters

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Neymar.

and he's Brazil's best player today. That says a lot.

and maybe Careca.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
1) O Fenomeno
2) Romario
3) Rivaldo
4) Ronaldinho
5) Kaka
6) Dani Alves
7) Cafu
8) Roberto Carlos
9) Careca
10) Coutinho
11) Willian
99) Giovanni Elber
100) Paulinho
998) Robinho
999) Neymar

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Is that because he played alongside the Argentine you don't like?
No, actually I don't care about that Argentine, even though it's always fun to mess with 2 atishe Argentina fans. ;)

Careca was probably one of the best players of his generation......but one of the best of all times? I don't know. Maybe.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
No, actually I don't care about that Argentine, even though it's always fun to mess with 2 atishe Argentina fans. ;)
Which atishe Argentina fans are you talking about? I'm genuinely racking my brains to think of who on ISP is obsessed with Argentina!

Having said that I prefer Maradona to Pele, but generally apart from that I like Brazil over Argentina in football.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Which atishe Argentina fans are you talking about? I'm genuinely racking my brains to think of who on ISP is obsessed with Argentina!

Having said that I prefer Maradona to Pele, but generally apart from that I like Brazil over Argentina in football.
There are are some (without mentioning names) . Even though they don't like to admit it themselves. From their comments and taking side with Argentina, all their players and their games in every WC, you see it! ;)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Ronaldo by a MILE. Adriano should be mentioned as the biggest brazilian talent ever to go wasted. In another life he could easily take second or third place in that list.

Nov 29, 2002
Ronaldo by a MILE. Adriano should be mentioned as the biggest brazilian talent ever to go wasted. In another life he could easily take second or third place in that list.
Adriano is the best example of a phenomenon in Brazilians of lack of longevity - whether it is because of bad mentorship, additional pressures or poor decisions (e.g. why did Oscar go to China at 26?)

Many of these players just didn't fulfil any expectations: Most expensive player ever Denilson who ended up in Saudi Arabia just a few years after he went to Betis, The ever-injured Pato, Diego (discipline problems the whole time), Elano (assaulted his indian club owner in Goa) and the other ones who came to england with lots of hype but didnt do anything - Robinhoe, Anderson, younger Denilson etc...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Most football players come from piss-poor families/neighborhoods. The difference is that in Brazil they are usually much poorer, yet they are extremely talented and many times they reach top of the world. For these players usually money plays a bigger role than their football careers. "Who cares if you go to Saudi Arabia or China at your career's ideal age, as long as you are set for the rest of your life and even more". They start quite well but as soon as they get some fame and money, only money will matter I guess.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
Ronaldo was a natural! Imagine if he would have kept up with his lifestyle or practice half as much as Christiano Ronaldo!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Adriano is the best example of a phenomenon in Brazilians of lack of longevity - whether it is because of bad mentorship, additional pressures or poor decisions (e.g. why did Oscar go to China at 26?)

Many of these players just didn't fulfil any expectations: Most expensive player ever Denilson who ended up in Saudi Arabia just a few years after he went to Betis, The ever-injured Pato, Diego (discipline problems the whole time), Elano (assaulted his indian club owner in Goa) and the other ones who came to england with lots of hype but didnt do anything - Robinhoe, Anderson, younger Denilson etc...
Adriano was never super talented. Not like Ronaldinho or Ronaldo at least. He was basically all left foot, had a heavyish touch and was more about muscle than other things. His life and career is sad though.