Sarbazi issue when traveling to Iran

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Have things changed recently? Are "Mashmool" people no longer able to exit the country with those 3-month visas? I just heard a friend abandoning his traveling plans to Iran due to this. He said he was told if he traveled to Iran, he had to buy his "Mo'afi" before he could exit Iran. No 3 months visas are being issued anymore?

Can someone confirm? The daftar.org site is as useless as it always has been.

Fucking hell. He was right. I just checked and it's 50-60 million toman (or more?!). How the fuck can I justify dumping money into the toilet like this? I don't really have any business in Iran. Just want to visit family once in a while. Ajab mamlekate tokhmi shodeh.

If you have no close family in Iran then just stay put. there is nothing there.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Fucking hell. He was right. I just checked and it's 50-60 million toman (or more?!). How the fuck can I justify dumping money into the toilet like this? I don't really have any business in Iran. Just want to visit family once in a while. Ajab mamlekate tokhmi shodeh.
this shit happened 15 years ago as well. they will soon realize people abroad are not coming home as often and they will put the three month thing back on.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Being absent for 8 years simply means anyone over the age of 26 or 27 who hasn't attended Sarbazi. You're 'called for duty' as soon as you turn 18 (or earlier?).
I know about that. But the 8 years is unclear to me. If you had visited Iran last year, you have been there a year ago. But if you have not been moghim there in the past 25 years, you have not been there really. Which one applies? Anyway, they will bring it back because they need $$$$ from outside. They can’t fuck up tourism.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I know about that. But the 8 years is unclear to me. If you had visited Iran last year, you have been there a year ago. But if you have not been moghim there in the past 25 years, you have not been there really. Which one applies?
No being absent from Sarbazi has nothing to do with when you last visited Iran. It's how long you've been ignoring the actual call of duty (which starts at the age of 18 regardless of where on earth you reside), not how long you've been out of Iran. KIRI terminology as usual.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Some people have families, parents, brothers, sisters in Iran, that is why they travel there, can we please stick to topic here so we can help those who like to go to Iran ? if you dont like to go, or dont care, what is the point of these replies?

I called the embassy today, no such a law, you can still visit Iran as before.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Some people have families, parents, brothers, sisters in Iran, that is why they travel there, can we please stick to topic here so we can help those who like to go to Iran ? if you dont like to go, or dont care, what is the point of these replies?

I called the embassy today, no such a law, you can still visit Iran as before.
I called too. Got the exact opposite answer. You cannot get a new 3-month visa anymore until further notice. A man answered the call in a hurry and hung up before I had the chance to ask more questions.

Kos-sher fucking country we have.