FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs SPAIN |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 20th

Oct 18, 2010
the problem is portugal does not need a win.they are happy with a draw.
so if we play the 6-3-1 like we played today they just sit back and pass
the ball without coming forward and giving us a chance to counter.so
we need to put pressure on them right off the bat.

May 29, 2018

So let me get this right. you said we'll smash Portugal with a 5-3-2 ?
I said I believe we can smash Portugal and I recommend we playa 5-3-2, now before you start running your mouth because it seems like you are about to do that, for some reason you want to tell me how you are such a professional soccer player and know tactics inside and out, so go ahead man, please please tell me why I'm wrong, and how I know absolutely nothing and how you are gods gift to football lol Go ahead bro.

May 29, 2018

So let me get this right. you said we'll smash Portugal with a 5-3-2 ?
Don't reply to people like in immature kid, perhaps ask me why I said that? Half of the Toronto FC team and a lot of players from Ittihad were coached by myself, including players from Besiktas, I'm not a fool bro, and I was a member of this board years before you were, and if I revealed my name all the original members would know who I am, just be cool when you address people, we are all from the same country and here to support our team, I'll never understand why people have to go after someones throat on the internet when they themselves can't really validate their thoughts.

I said I believe we can smash Portugal and I recommend we playa 5-3-2, now before you start running your mouth because it seems like you are about to do that, for some reason you want to tell me how you are such a professional soccer player and know tactics inside and out, so go ahead man, please please tell me why I'm wrong, and how I know absolutely nothing and how you are gods gift to football lol Go ahead bro.
you might have been a pro football player but you are definitely lacking manner and that clearly shows in your posts. why so much anger and profanity?? you know something about the game then ya ali, go ahead and share it with everyone. If I wanted to oppose you I would but I am not and I just asked you a simple question. Because CQ never plays this way, never did and in order to do this, you need very pacey fullbacks.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018
There is no More Orignal on this board than I am. so please go ahead
Brother with all due respect, the original members are from the 98 world cup era, I was one of the original guys on here, just saying. And with respect to profanity, my swearing was due to passion about how well we played, I wasn't swearing at you? Or anyone else.

Brother with all due respect, the original members are from the 98 world cup era, I was one of the original guys on here, just saying. And with respect to profanity, my swearing was due to passion about how well we played, I wasn't swearing at you? Or anyone else.
Yes Sir back then the site name was Persian Gulf soccer and I was pa be toop. In 2002 the forum Crashed and all the join dates reset to Oct 2002 and then I also changed my username. that's why you never see any joined dates older than 2002

the site was born mid or late 97 If not mistaken ..

May 29, 2018
There is no More Orignal on this board than I am. so please go ahead
Nonetheless, I still firmly believe we will and can beat Portugal, unless for some reason a different team shows up that day, if today's team shows up, we will win. Portugal does not have the discipline Spain does and can be stretched, with respect to CR7, he's getting old, our boys can neutralize him and frustrate him, he gets very easily frustrated, and Pepe in the back is not the player he used to be, we can easily move the ball around him as well, if we play how we played in the second half today the entire game on Monday, we will win and make history, the ball is round and at this point Iran is on par with any world class team in the world, it's no longer the old days where we almost definitely knew we are going to get embarrassed, those days are long gone, times are changing and we now can approach games with the mindset of how well can we beat these teams, not "omg we are done and over with", which is a great feeling, makes you proud to be Iranian.

I just hope the IFF can see the potential and not screw CQ over and start dumping money into our youth level football and development.

May 29, 2018
Yes Sir back then the site name was Persian Gul soccer and I was pa be toop. In 2002 the forum Crashed and all the join dates reset to Oct 2002 and then I also changed my username. the site was born late 97 If not mistaken
From back in those days I remember guys like Afshin, Bache Tehroon, etc...lots of good oldies, we used to post hundreds of times per day, it seems like no one posts the way we used to, it was more live back then lol

May 29, 2018
I almost wish we could leave Asian football and go into the European federation which is impossible lol it just sucks that we will go back to playing Bangladesh and India soon lol if we had amazing competition all the time we would advance, I can also now see big teams accepting friendlies with us.

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
From an ex pro footballer and knowing the game at the highest level, let me tell you guys one thing, I am not just proud, but fucking shocked by TM, a lot of you guys don't play football and even though you watch it fanatically you don't get the game play, do you have any FUCKING CLUE how hard it is to play the formation and tactics that TM played against Spain? They fucking FULLY neutralized the best team in the world and 11 potentially HALL OF FAME players, this was basically Barcelona + Real Madrid + Bayern, in fact the entire middle is Barca so not only are they a powerful team but these players play together every day, not just for the national team - Iran tactic was to defend yes, but they did it by neutralizing their front line, that isn't easy to do and they did it extremely well, the mere fact that the second they got scored on they were able to change tactics and attack, and when they DID ATTACK they were the MORE DANGEROUS team is mind blowing, I cannot believe how good this team is, we can easily beat Portugal, as much as you might laugh, Iran has the potential at this point if they work off of this platform and continue on, to become one of the best teams in the world, literally another Athletico Madrid, not a lot of big names bit amazing cohesion as a team, I think we can easily smash Portugal and qualify to next round - Iran has to be the best team in the world cup right now when it comes to strategy deployment - you have any fucking clue how hard it is to stop players like Iniesta, Isco, Busquets? lmao oh god if you guys only knew, I've played against Olympiacos and their level was ridiculous, let alone these players today.....amazing game by Iran, this is the beginning of world wide respect and possibly becoming top 10 in the world if we continue development and CQ stays.
Thank you for your sobering remarks, but for the same reasons that you mentioned about the difficulty of beating a team full of star players, I am not as confident that Iran will win against Portugal. That said, I think we have a reasonable chance to win. I would be more confident if I knew our players would not be depleted at the beginning of their third match. We will find out on Monday. That was the case in the previous World Cups. CQ has been fully aware of it. That is why he wanted the extra time to physically and mentally prepare his team. The good thing is that CQ has more options with players compared to 2014.

When the World Cup draw happened, I thought a better schedule would be for Iran to play against Portugal in its second match. I still think that would have been better for Iran.

Last edited:
May 29, 2018
Thank you for your sobering remarks, but for the same reasons that you mentioned about the difficulty of beating a team full of star players, I am not as confident that Iran will win against Portugal. That said, I think we have a reasonable chance to win. I would be more confident if I knew our players would not be depleted at the beginning of their third match. We will find out on Monday. That was the case in the previous World Cups. CQ has been full aware of it. That is why he wanted the extra time to physically and mentally prepare his team. The good thing is that CQ has more options with players compared to 2014.

When the World Cup draw happened, I thought a better schedule would be for Iran to play against Portugal in its second match. I still think that would have been better for us.
You now what, I wholeheartedly agree that Portugal would have been a better game for us today, believe me when I say this Iran is an amazing team, we don't have all star names (def some will get pulled to europe after this wc) but our team has good tactics and sticks with it, thank god for CQ, we've come a long way since Mayeli Kohan, Payrovani and Ostad Asadi lol Although I miss Pashazadeh, Zarinche and Mohammadkhani, Nader was a beast in the back, he looked like a chagoo kish lol I would never want to play against a guy that looked like that haha

Nonetheless, I still firmly believe we will and can beat Portugal, unless for some reason a different team shows up that day, if today's team shows up, we will win. Portugal does not have the discipline Spain does and can be stretched, with respect to CR7, he's getting old, our boys can neutralize him and frustrate him, he gets very easily frustrated, and Pepe in the back is not the player he used to be, we can easily move the ball around him as well, if we play how we played in the second half today the entire game on Monday, we will win and make history, the ball is round and at this point Iran is on par with any world class team in the world, it's no longer the old days where we almost definitely knew we are going to get embarrassed, those days are long gone, times are changing and we now can approach games with the mindset of how well can we beat these teams, not "omg we are done and over with", which is a great feeling, makes you proud to be Iranian.

I just hope the IFF can see the potential and not screw CQ over and start dumping money into our youth level football and development.
.fair enough. Like many, I've played the game but not professionally but after all these years I can say each game carry its own profile. I am so against this statement that because we played well against Team A then we definitely beat Team B and I have thousands of examples. having said that you could be right maybe you see the game differently and HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT, why not ? :)

May 29, 2018
.fair enough. Like many, I've played the game but not professionally but after all these years I can say each game carry its own profile. I am so against this statement that because we played well against Team A then we definitely beat Team B and I have thousands of examples. having said that you could be right maybe you see the game differently
No no I agree with you, we can't say just because we played well against Spain we will play well against Brazil et al, what I'm saying is if we continue to play the same way we are playing, we will be able to stand up to any team in the world, it's almost impossible to play against better players than we did today, and I say almost because I am biased to La Liga and am a die hard Barcelona fan, however, on paper we won't ever face anything better than today. Spain is such a star studded team it's almost unfair lol

No no I agree with you, we can't say just because we played well against Spain we will play well against Brazil et al, what I'm saying is if we continue to play the same way we are playing, we will be able to stand up to any team in the world, it's almost impossible to play against better players than we did today, and I say almost because I am biased to La Liga and am a die hard Barcelona fan, however, on paper we won't ever face anything better than today. Spain is such a star studded team it's almost unfair lol
But keep in mind regardless of being fine players, Spain has no coach, There is no way on this planet Hierro can even give the smallest tip to his players. I guess players did not oppose his appointment just to avoid more turbulence in the camp. Lopetegui was a competent coach, he had this team since 2016. I didn't see Hierro doing anything to change the game after going 0-0 55 min into the match.this team is on its own so let's see how far they can go

Last edited:
May 29, 2018
But keep in mind regardless of being fine players, Spain has no coach, There is no way on this planet Hierro can even give the smallest tip to his players. I guess players did not oppose his appointment just to avoid more turbulence in the camp. Lopetegui was a competent coach, he had this team since 2016. I didn't see Hierro doing anything to change the game after going 0-0 55 min into the match.this team is on its own so let's see how far they can go
Yep agree with that as well, but it wouldn't change their game that much, those players are world class and kinda stick to what they know best, but ya he should have beefed up the midfield, not the front line, if he had beefed the middle up he would have been good. But who do you bring on and for who?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I believe that beating Portugal is not as simple as some members are talking about here. In fact we are still underdogs big time. We performed well today, but after all after 180 minutes or so, we haven't scored a single goal. In the second goal of Morocco, not a single shot on goal.