Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
because Quiroz planned it that way?! and perhaps he should have stuck with some attack plan to get us more goals ?

Why do you think the morocceans own goal happened?
Yes and if my aunt had a xxxx she would be my uncle...

It is funny if.....

At the end of the day, Iran could have been top of the group if not for that player missing the goals.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Why do you think the own goal happened? Why do you think the penalty happened? You realize you contradict yourself when you say no-one will remember Croatia and then ask how Iran's goals were scored! Its in the same line of thinking. Its the end day results that people will remember. Not how it happened.

At the end of the day Iran scored 2 goals. Which was 1 more than 2014, and 2006 and equal to 98 and 78. Keep in mind with tougher opponents and groups.
Why the own goal happened? I dont know luck ? Mistake by Moroccan defender?
Why the PK happened? mistake by the Ref? no ref in their right might would EVER give a PK for that ! and hence why he did not ref another game.

2014 Iran got 1 point, with 1 goal scored, Iran was in the same group as Argentina and Nigeria
- Argentina went on to finish runner ups
- Nigeria elimanted by France in Round of 16

2006 Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored (not 1 as you have above) , same group with Portugal and Mexico
- Portugal went on to finish 4th
- Mexico eliminated by Argentina in Round of 16

1998 Iran got 3 points and scored 2 goals, same group as Germany and Yugoslavia
- Germany eliminated in Quarter finals by Croatia
- Yugoslavia eliminated in Round of 16 by Holland

1978 World cup Iran got 1 point with 2 goals scored, Same group as Peru and Holland
- Holland went on to finish runner ups
- Peru eliminated in 2nd round

Now lets look at 2018 World Cup group
Iran got 4 points with 2 goals scored, same group as Spain and Portugal
- Spain was eliminated in round of 16
- Portugal was eliminated in round of 16

Can you please tell me, based on what you think Iran had "tougher opponents and groups"

Nov 24, 2002
Everyone has right to their opinion. Queiroz is not a wonder and the best coach in the world but he has done a great job in 7 years being in Iran and no fair person can deny that. He is defensive coach like many portugese but in today football playing beautifull all attack football, specially in NT level where players don't have enough time to practice together barely win you trophy. Look at Spain in 2010 and France this year with all their talents.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
@ mr pooya, as pointed elsewhere we gave it the group of death name and were happy with our own faith. Also pointed out that our coach, whether it was India or China, has always made a huge deal about the opponent.

Nov 24, 2002
Ironically the same person who proudly cant name one TM player, doesn't consider himself Iranian anymore bashing TM performance. What a coincidence!!!!!!!!

Everyone has right to their opinion. Queiroz is not a wonder and the best coach in the world but he has done a great job in 7 years being in Iran and no fair person can deny that. He is defensive coach like many portugese but in today football playing beautifull all attack football, specially in NT level where players don't have enough time to practice together barely win you trophy. Look at Spain in 2010 and France this year with all their talents.
No sane person is unhappy with the success of his or her own country. Problem is that we always forbid criticism toward the things we like, care or respect. it's in our DNA. I got in mine too :(

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
@ mr pooya, as pointed elsewhere we gave it the group of death name and were happy with our own faith. Also pointed out that our coach, whether it was India or China, has always made a huge deal about the opponent.
Exactly, It still bothers me, I am sure we could get out of our group this year if we had not wasted 60 min vs Spain.
CQ did amazing job getting us to where we are today, however, in my opinion, its time for him to go OR change his mentality... WE CAN beat teams like Portugal or Spain ... At least we could beat THIS Portugal and THIS Spain.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
No sane person is unhappy with the success of his or her own country. Problem is that we always forbid criticism toward the things we like, care or respect. it's in our DNA. I got in mine too :(
Exactly, I am not sure why debating on the performance of TM and the coach is considered "bashing" ! We all dont have to agree on the same thing ! no one is bashing anyone!

Exactly, It still bothers me, I am sure we could get out of our group this year if we had not wasted 60 min vs Spain.
CQ did amazing job getting us to where we are today, however, in my opinion, its time for him to go OR change his mentality... WE CAN beat teams like Portugal or Spain ... At least we could beat THIS Portugal and THIS Spain.
( not regarding their game against us) but Spain was utter crap. as a matter of fact, if not the poorest, they were one of the poorest among other European teams. all you need to do was to take a look at their below-par attacking line and CBs. More shit hit the fan once they dismissed Lopetegui. just saying

Nov 24, 2002
Yes no SANE person is unhappy with the succes of his OWN country. The KEY words are SANE and HIS OWN 🙄🙄🙄

Nov 29, 2002
We are where we were in 1978.
Our geopolitical and relative economic strength is a fraction of what it was then, so if our football is the same as what it was in 1978, isn't that a great comparative success?

No other nation dance on the streets after being defeated but we did against Argentina. how pathetic !!!!
That celebration was not for the result, but for the disciplined performance of a new TM, and also of recognising that TM is finally back on track after such a long time in the wilderness since the revolution...

------

Perhaps you are right, but from my perspective CQ has made created such a paradigm shift in the discipline, shape and tactical intelligence of TM, noted by pundits and fans all around the world, that anyone who appreciates football, iranian or otherwise, should be singing praises for what he has achieved.

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
before I answer let me ask you this. Were you expecting the Powerhouse of Asia leave with the tournament with no goals in 270minuts? let's not talk about the OG and Penalty .
According to the bookies before the tournament began, Iran had the lowest odds of scoring a single goal in the whole tournament. Yet we can safely say, we were extremely close to winning the group. It is reasonable to say that the team overachieved at the world cup.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
lol, at the people dismissing spain and portugal as weak teams, and suggesting iran should have played offensive against them.
Yes, there's a lot of doublethink when it comes to commenting about TM and CQ on this forum.

On the one hand, people are saying in general forum how backward Iran is and how everything has gone to pot over the last 40 years (true), on the other hand, they are expecting pretty offensive football against Morocco, Spain and Portugal and are upset that we are "only as good as we were in 1978". This team which is from a pariah state, where we can't even get boots, let alone warm-up friendlies cancelled from the likes of Kosovo..., where our cumulative player value is 1/50 that of Spain, and players can't expect to transfer to top-tier european teams because we just lack the agents and intermediary companies that, e.g. Koreans and Japanese have (for example Sports United GmbH)

Yet giving no credit to finally Iran stopping playing deimi football and playing disciplined tactically-aware football. I lost count of the number of times people I met in Russia were hyping up how amazing a unit Iran is, how they play like a club team etc.... I'm much more proud that Iran can play like a phalanx and has a good shape, players know what they are doing both attacking and defending set pieces, than a useless dribble and speculative shot. That is why people were cheering the Argentina came, because it marked a shift in how TM plays football and something many of us did not think was even possible (this degree of discipline... in IRAN!) The 2018 world cup highlighted this even more, this time we got 4 points and were just one misplaced kick away from topping the group. It still feels surreal!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
lol, at the people dismissing spain and portugal as weak teams, and suggesting iran should have played offensive against them.
Didnt we beat Morocco ? didnt they tie Spain ? I am not saying we should have played "Offensive" but if we believed in our-self and played a bit more attacking football, we could get a tie versus Spain, and clearly it showed the way we played versus them when they scored !
Just to be clear, no one (at least me) is taking ANYTHING away from Iran , the reason I am personally upset is we had a good team, we had so many talented players, we COULD advance had we believed we could and not wasted 60 min versus Spain.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
( not regarding their game against us) but Spain was utter crap. as a matter of fact, if not the poorest, they were one of the poorest among other European teams. all you need to do was to take a look at their below-par attacking line and CBs. More shit hit the fan once they dismissed Lopetegui. just saying
کاملا نظر آقا پویا و فریبرز درست است.باید باز جلوی اسپانیا بازی می کردیم تا همچون که 3 تا گل به پرتقال با اون دفاع مستحکم داشت بما هم شش تا گل میزد تا این بار این آقایون به ریش ما می خندیدند که بابا شما که می گرفتید ایران این تیم که شش تابی شد.این بود بهترین دفاع.نه متاسفم که ارزوی فریبرز بر ملا نشد و ما مثل پرتقال با رونالدو و دیگران 3 گل نخوردیم.

Nov 29, 2002
? I am not saying we should have played "Offensive" but if we believed in our-self and played a bit more attacking football, we could get a tie versus Spain, and clearly it showed the way we played versus them when they scored !
n.
You are right that our team attacked well after we conceded against Spain and had to chase the game. We were unlucky in that game for two reasons, first the Costa deflection was an unbelievably kiri goal, then we had a goal which was disallowed following VAR (it was the right decision in the end, but in previous tournaments they likely would have given the goal). Perhaps if we had attacked from the start we could have drawn or won, perhaps we could have lost 3-0 or 4-0 if Spain were allowed the space to play the way they did against Portugal.

But our entire approach was pragmatic, based on defensive discipline to maximise our chances of getting the amount of points we could get.

If we had approached all three games with more attacking verve, then we would have been like Morocco. All the pundits loved the way Morocco played, they were arguably better than all three of their opponents (particularly Spain I thought), but at the end of the day they left with 1 point.

So, yes, there are a few "what ifs", but we had a game plan and we stuck to it, and we maximised the points we could get given the constraints of our footballing infrastructure and the unique challenges that we have. And I think getting 4 points against the penultimate world champions, the european champions, and a young exciting team considered a strong "dark horse" (which didn't concede a single goal in qualifying against Ivory Coast, Aubameyang's Gabon and Mali) is a fantastic achievement. More than anything a lot of these players, the spine of the team, will reach their peak not even in 4 years time but in 8 years time. We saw in this WC what a spine aged 30-33 can do (Croatia, Belgium, Japan...) so CQ has created a very exciting foundation for the next decade.

Nov 24, 2002
کاملا نظر آقا پویا و فریبرز درست است.باید باز جلوی اسپانیا بازی می کردیم تا همچون که 3 تا گل به پرتقال با اون دفاع مستحکم داشت بما هم شش تا گل میزد تا این بار این آقایون به ریش ما می خندیدند که بابا شما که می گرفتید ایران این تیم که شش تابی شد.این بود بهترین دفاع.نه متاسفم که ارزوی فریبرز بر ملا نشد و ما مثل پرتقال با رونالدو و دیگران 3 گل نخوردیم.
یا مثل تیم طلایی ۷۸ ۳ تا از هلند و ۴ تا از پرو میخوردیم 🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
یا مثل تیم طلایی ۷۸ ۳ تا از هلند و ۴ تا از پرو میخوردیم 🙄🙄🙄
نه اتفاقا درست میگی‌.منتها مشگل ما بازیکنان نبود،مشگل ما مربی‌ بود به نام حشمت مهاجرانی که در سطح جهانی‌ نبود.اگر مربی‌ مثل کیروش در آن زمان داشتیم،با اون بازیکنان مطمئن باش که به دور دوم رفته بودیم.وگرنه ما در برابر پرو بهترین بازی را کردیم،ولی‌ مربی‌ نادان بود یعنی‌ مهاجرانی که باز بازی کرد.در برابر بهترین تیم امریکای جنوبی اون زمان که اسکتلند را ۳-۱ زده بود و با هلند ۰-۰ کرده بود،کدوم احمقی باز بازی میکنه،کوبیلاس ایران را داغون کرد،چرا برای اینکه کادر فنی‌ داغون بود.

در جام جهانی‌ باید مربی‌ در سطح بین‌الملل داشته باشید،وگرنه همین آاش و همین کاسه.

تیم ایران ۷۸ را اگر همین کیروش مربیش بود مطمئن باش به دور دوم رفته بودیم.